Profile for AnonymousPenguin > Reviews

Content by AnonymousPenguin

AnonymousPenguin

Page: 1 | 2
Anker® Astro Slim Ultra-Slim Portable External Battery Charger (6000mAh)
Anker® Astro Slim Ultra-Slim Portable External Battery Charger (6000mAh)
Offered by AnkerDirect

1.0 out of 5 stars Deceptively advertised. 6000mAh at 3.7V = 4440mAh at 5V! 5V is the normal USB voltage, 7 Feb 2014
This product is noticeably more expensive than the slim2; however, it appears to be the exact same product with slightly different labeling. The previous one is labeled as having a capacity of 4500mAh (unknown voltage), while the new one is labeled as having a capacity of 6000mAh at 3.7V. Some basic maths and knowledge of physics tells you that the two capacities are the same. Power*time=voltage*current*time

Misleading labeling does not end here. The product is specific to out-put 1A, which is a lot. However, this is at 1.5V, which is 300mA at 5V. 5V is the normal USB voltage.

I don't want to bother sending this back and buying the slim2 which is 7GBP cheaper. I do, however, feel properly ripped off.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 29, 2014 10:20 AM BST

TP-Link TL-WR702N Wireless N Nano Router/Range Extender/TV, Gaming, Set-top Adapter with USB Charger
Offered by Sunsfair

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 5 Mar 2013
For the price this does a really good job. Unfortunately the static DHCP function seems to be really buggy. If I enable it my laptop will randomly lose internet connectivity. Windows 8 with Intel Ultimate-N 6300, both with stock and latest Intel drivers. Stock drivers would not get the full 150mbps and would need 15s to reconnect when waking the PC.

Given that I am a uni student, who flies in and out of the country, the form factor is simply awesome. If they made sure that the firmware was more robust I would give it 5 stars.

Black Widow Waterproof Bike Saddle Cover Fits Up To 11 inch x 7.5 inch
Black Widow Waterproof Bike Saddle Cover Fits Up To 11 inch x 7.5 inch
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Isn't truly waterproof, 5 Mar 2013
I guess this cover is fine if you put it over a wet seat. However, if you intend to leave your bike outside and then take the cover off, it won't work. Water still manages to get underneath the cover in small amounts.

Bike Tool Kit Plus Punture Repair Kit
Bike Tool Kit Plus Punture Repair Kit
Offered by best deal 4 u

5.0 out of 5 stars Given the price it's great, 5 Mar 2013
This is pretty much exactly the same as the more expensive branded multi-tools. It does the job and I would recommend it.

Mens Leather Credit Card Case Black
Mens Leather Credit Card Case Black
Offered by Supreme Leather

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 5 Mar 2013
It's nicely thin so it does the job. They should really do something about the tanning smell that the leather has. It stops being noticeable quickly, but it never goes away.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars They're great, 5 Mar 2013
I recently bought my second pair and I love them. The design has definitely changed in the past year and a bit, so some of the past reviews might not be relevant. The change is definitely for the better though, I just love how snugly they fit now. However, the Kangol logo is now much more prominent, which I don't really like. Previously there was no large Kangol imprint on the top of the gloves.

Also, I'm not a fan of the 4GBP shipping charge since the vast majority of the package by weight and volume is an oversized sports direct mug. The mug is truly gigantic (>0.33L) and I don't really have any use for it.

Wilkinson Sword Quattro Titanium Precision Razor
Wilkinson Sword Quattro Titanium Precision Razor

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, 27 Jan 2013
This is much worse than the Gilette Fusion Power 4. It's a lot rougher and I can't shave without any nicks. I've binned the item.

Vittesse Sprint 21-Speed Alloy Racing Bike
Vittesse Sprint 21-Speed Alloy Racing Bike

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 27 Jan 2013
I've had the bike for about 8 months now and I use it quite a lot. All the key components are fine. The rear derailleur is now out of alignment, which is normal. I have had to change the front brake to a modern one, because the ones the bike came with were absolutely useless in the wet. Do note that the bike has a nut type mounting for brakes and not the modern recessed nut type, so you'll have to convert any shimano brakes you buy costing you about 15 GBP for the longer bolt.

Having had a look at the other amazon bikes in this price range it seems the prehistoric brakes are widerspread, hence the 4 stars and not less. Also the seat lets in water between the seams so if you leave it in the rain you will have a wet bum for a week. One of the allen keys included was the wrong size so I if hadn't had my own tools I wouldn't be able to fit the seat.

Kryptonite Evolution Series 4 Standard Lock with EZMount Bracket
Kryptonite Evolution Series 4 Standard Lock with EZMount Bracket
Offered by bikes4life limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 12 Oct 2012
I read a few reviews about the internals of the lock easily rusting and I thought it can't be a big problem as there are only a few of these. Well, after a few months use in Oxford, which apparently is one of the drier cities in the UK, the lock is nearly useless. The key is incredibly hard to turn and the internals are clearly full of rust. I'll eat my losses and buy a different D-lock. This one was a big waste of money.

I got about 3 months of use out of this product. It was fine during the summer, however, after it got drenched a few times in the autumn it's useless. Unless you keep your bike in sheds all the time, DO NOT BUY this lock.

Update: As a last resort I emptied nearly a can of WD40 into the lock. Seems to work well enough now, but I still have to lubricate all three lock holes about every two months to keep it working. It still seems to be going rustier so I hope it keeps working. I'll amend the review again if it dies.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2013 8:59 AM GMT

Logitech X-140 Multimedia Speakers (2.0)
Logitech X-140 Multimedia Speakers (2.0)
Offered by Smith & Co

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but not as good as the other reviews would suggest, 18 Jun 2012
For the very low price it's quite a good product. The hiss when nothing is playing others have mentioned is definitely there. The sound is ok, but bass is really underwhelming. If you just want basic speakers these are fine. If you're looking to upgrade your laptop speakers, it's borderline. If you listen to music often, give these a pass.

Page: 1 | 2