Profile for G. Lilley > Reviews

Content by G. Lilley

G. Lilley "beebear" (Leicester, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Silence Of The Grave (Reykjavik Murder Mysteries 2)
Silence Of The Grave (Reykjavik Murder Mysteries 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 8 Aug 2014
I thought nothing could surpass Jar City but this overtook it by a mile!

A Grave Man (Lord Edward Corinth & Verity Brown Murder Mysteries)
A Grave Man (Lord Edward Corinth & Verity Brown Murder Mysteries)

3.0 out of 5 stars Same old, same old!, 14 Oct 2013
A predictable storyline. It was a task to finish it as it was quite boring. Do I buy another in the series? I'll think about it.

Police: A Harry Hole thriller (Oslo Sequence 8) (Harry Hole 10)
Police: A Harry Hole thriller (Oslo Sequence 8) (Harry Hole 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best yet!, 5 Oct 2013
YOU COULD SAY I'M A HARRY HOLE AFICIONADO - BUT THIS BOOK IS THE BEST JO NESBO YET - KEPT ME WONDERING RIGHT TO THE END. WHEN IS OLAF GOING TO TAKE OVER?

Alex (Verhoeven Trilogy 1)
Alex (Verhoeven Trilogy 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Page-turner!, 30 Aug 2013
I was beginning to think this was a well-used tale of kidnapped girl but the horrific nature of the capture and the fact there were so many twists and turns that it kept me wondering what could happen next. Nice little twist at the end that got me wondering. I found the main detective to be appealing though a little unbelievable - how could a vertically-challenged man be accepted as a policeman?

Wenceslas: A Christmas Poem
Wenceslas: A Christmas Poem
by Carol Ann Duffy

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous illustrations - the poem is not so bad either!, 16 Jan 2013
Entertaining verse - but what I found most entertaining were the illustrations - I kept going back to the pages, just picking-up little things I missed.

POLPO: A Venetian Cookbook (Of Sorts)
POLPO: A Venetian Cookbook (Of Sorts)
by Russell Norman

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly different!, 16 Jan 2013
This is a completely entertaining, simple, no-nonsense, readable book with easy-to-follow recipes. Whilst I first thought when looking at the recipes was, "why didn't I think about that - this is what I've been doing for years?", there is just that little twist which takes one notch above. Great!

Felco FEL2  Model  2 Original Secateurs
Felco FEL2 Model 2 Original Secateurs

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I'd known earlier!, 23 Aug 2011
Best pair of secateurs I've ever had. I'm 66 years old now and probably had 5 pairs over the years. Wish I'd known about these earlier! So efficient and so comfortable.

LG 19LH2000 19-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Freeview - Black
LG 19LH2000 19-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Freeview - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bedroom TV, 21 Jan 2010
Easy as pie to set-up. Picture and sound quality good. I hope this TV lasts as long as my previous bedroom TV (32 years!)

Funny Boy: A Novel in Six Stories
Funny Boy: A Novel in Six Stories
by Shyam Selvadurai

5.0 out of 5 stars I related to this book., 21 Jan 2010
What a wonderful mix of burgeoning pansy-gay-child self-identification and the political upheaval in his world.

Who Was That Man?: Present for Mr.Oscar Wilde (Masks)
Who Was That Man?: Present for Mr.Oscar Wilde (Masks)
by Neil Bartlett

4.0 out of 5 stars Flitted about!, 21 Jan 2010
I found this book a little difficult inasmuch as it flitted around a bit.....although on reflection, I suppose this was inevitable given the comparison of 'then', 'them then','them now' and 'me'. I did find the book well-researched. Neil Bartlett had done some work here! I thought the illustrations were bad. I do feel more informed now after reading it.
(On a practical side, I wish the book was normal paperback size....much easier to read in bed!)

Page: 1 | 2