Profile for Stewart Dunn > Reviews

Content by Stewart Dunn

Stewart Dunn

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery cause overheating when charging, apps now force close, 16 Jun. 2014
Got this for my Galaxy S3, as the original was 2 years old, things were becoming slower, charge was only lasting for a day.So got a new one from Anker, on the strength of I have bought a few things from them, and they are generally excellent. The battery lasts as long as the old one, things are just as slow and to top it all,I now get a "charging suspended" message when the phone is mounted in direct sunlight. The back of the phone does seem a lot hotter, and I never got this with the original Samsung. To top it all, Google Maps force closes about every 45 minutes now! Which I never had before. Very disappointing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2014 6:38 AM BST

Anker® 40W 5-Port High Speed Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge, Nexus, HTC M9, Nokia and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect bit of tech, 6 Jun. 2014
I now have 3 of these (one of the 25W ones, the others are the 40W ones). I love them. Never had any whistles, they dont get hot etc etc-they are in a box which charges my iPad's,iPhones,Galaxy S3, Nexus 7-you name it, I charge it! The added advantage of the new 40W one is that you dont have to worry about which cable goes to which device-this works it out for you. The one thing I will say, and I need to check the 40W one, is that they come with a 3A fuse in the mains plug? Which is bizarre, considering it can supply 8A? So I changed the fuse to a 10A one, and all seems fine. I have bought loads of Anker stuff, they really seem to know their stuff.This device is a stick-on for anybody in a house with multiple devices.

VEO - 2800mAh Power Charger Battery Bank for iPad, iPad 2/3, iPhone 5, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod, Blackberry, HTC, Android, Samsung and many more
Offered by icestation

4.0 out of 5 stars So far,so good, 6 Jun. 2014
I got two of these, as a backup "UPS" for my Raspberry Pi. They do run a bit hot, but otherwise, work as advertised. Need to see how long they last though!

Gaggia 21001682 Espresso Machine Descaler Fluid - 250ml Bottle
Gaggia 21001682 Espresso Machine Descaler Fluid - 250ml Bottle
Offered by Remote Central

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work!, 6 Jun. 2014
Got this for our Gaggia Colour-does what it says on the tin! Cant fault it really and works within the 15 minutes.

Ocean Mini Bluetooth Travel Speaker With a Wireless Range of 10m and Rechargeable Battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little speaker, 6 Jun. 2014
Got this to sit in the car, to hook up to my phone.Great size, good sound. Excellent value for money

Anker® 40W 5-Port High Speed Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge, Nexus, HTC M9, Nokia and More (White)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantatstic peice of kit for the home, 20 Nov. 2013
I bought this from Anker as I have got a few batteries from them, and they have been faultless-and was getting fed up with the ever increasing amount of cables and chargers, so I went for this.Best 15 quid I have ever spent (well, maybe Dominos pizza may be a contender on a Friday night).It charges all my stuff, its out of sight, I have removed about 5 different chargers and cables from various wall sockets, it doesn't get hot-oh, and it looks rather nice as well (very white and Appley looking). If you plug the right kit into the right USB slot, all charge well at the same time. Seriously, buy one of these, it's a game changer if you have kids and gadgets!

ELTD® Google Nexus 7 FHD 2nd GEN PU Leather Smart Case With Auto Wake / Sleep Function & Stand Function (For Google Nexus 7 FHD 2nd GEN, Brown)
Offered by X-FlashBox

2.0 out of 5 stars Will protect but that's about it, 10 Sept. 2013
The main aim of me getting one of these was to
a) protect the front
b) make it stand up
c) turn the device off when the case closes

It does a and c but fails misreably on b-looks ok but I have an S-Line Gel case which is great, but doesn't cover the front. For the price it will do for now, but I'm still on the loook-out for another one that does all of the above, but doesn't add more bulk to what is a fantastic tablet!

TeckNet New Google Nexus 7 II Silicone Gel TPU Case Cover For Google Nexus 7 2nd Generation Tablet (Launched July 2013) Included Screen Protector Clear
Offered by TECKNET

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy for 2 quid!, 29 Aug. 2013
Got this today for my new Nexus 7 (2013) and looks,feels and fits great.I have a smaller version for my Samsung S3 (S-line) and its basically the same as this.Hard, but not enough to make it difficult to get on and off-a really good middle ground.All the "new" parts have their holes cut out, nothing is missing.You really cant go wrong with this for the price.Oh, and a free screen protector to boot!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to do the job, 19 July 2013
I got this with the shaving foam, it seems to work, although the shaving foams I use are menthol based anyway. I would buy it again, I dont think it a miracle worker (.i.e if you shave EVERY day, and have a tough beard,I dont think you are going to lose the rash/burning effect, or have a baby's bottom for a face) but a handy addition to the men's grooming toolkit! ;-)

Whisky Oak Barbecue Wood Smoking Chips
Whisky Oak Barbecue Wood Smoking Chips
Offered by Garden Secrets

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what I'm doing wrong!, 19 July 2013
Got these and soaked them overnight-put them in my black chip box, stuck them in my John Lewis gas barbie-didn't notice or smell anything! Food tasted the same, no smell of whisky. I will try again but any tips gladly recieved!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 23, 2013 10:44 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5