Profile for A. Evans > Reviews

Content by A. Evans

A. Evans

Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 12)
Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 12)
by Charlaine Harris
Price: 15.19

2.0 out of 5 stars Lackluster path to the finish, 16 May 2012
This book seemed really brief, I read it in a day. If it were not for my attachment to the characters in this series I wouldn't have finished this book. Mrs. Harris's writing seems to have been spinning wheels for a few novels now and this was a disappointment this close to the end of it all. It was as if she was contracted to do 13 books and 8 or 9 into it went oh crap what do I do now? Sookie's full novel pity party left me beginning to dislike her and the ending was far from a surprise. Foreshadowing doesn't generally imply wave a blinking sign at your readers. Deadlocked begins to tie up the ends of peoples lives but in such a boring average way you aren't sad to see them go. I am really hoping the final book goes off with a bang not a whimper as it would be a regrettable end to what was initially a well crafted world with dynamic characters. If you have gotten this far in the series you know you are going to stick it out to the end just to see what happens but Deadlocked felt like a waste to me.