Profile for A. Lee > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Crocs Beach Line C Navy/Red Casual Shoe 14404-485-126 12 UK Junior
Crocs Beach Line C Navy/Red Casual Shoe 14404-485-126 12 UK Junior

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Boat Shoe Style Crocs, 24 Oct 2013
I bought these for my 4 year old who absolutely loves them. He wore them almost every day during the summer and they'll be worn by his younger brother once he's grown out of them and will still look just a good. The mix of the croc rubber and fabric tongue of the shoe is great and I love the lacing. They've got the comfort and ease of crocs with a slightly smarter, more enclosed look - I didn't have to worry about them getting wet or even grubby as I can just wash them off with a hose or in the sink. Really pleased with this purchase.

Aladdin 0.35 Litre Sustain Papillon Tumbler, Grey
Aladdin 0.35 Litre Sustain Papillon Tumbler, Grey
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy portable drinks container, 24 Oct 2013
I purchased two of these to replace some of the cheaper versions we'd bought at various supermarkets. So far I'm very impressed. They fit perfectly into our car cup holders (which the supermarket ones didn't always), plus one of the best features is that they go safely be washed on the top rack of the dishwasher. They're solid, keep our cuppas hot and they're comfortable to hold. The lid is easily pushed back and doesn't tip back to hit you in the mouth as you're taking a drink. I highly recommend these.

HeadsUp Design OranguCoo Clock, Cuckoo Type Clock, Monkey Character
HeadsUp Design OranguCoo Clock, Cuckoo Type Clock, Monkey Character
Offered by guernsey lighthouse ltd
Price: 39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely novelty clock for kids, 24 Oct 2013
I bought the elephant clock for my daughter a year ago and am just about to buy the monkey clock for my boys. The kids all absolutely love it, it's easy to mount on the wall and the sensor on the front means that it doesn't sound during the night. During the summer months when it's lighter I tend to put a bit of blu tac over the sensor to ensure if doesn't go off during the lighter evenings. Like anything else it is probably better kept out of the hands of your youngest - we have had a few incidents where the door was forced open by my 2 year old but it was easily fixed. It seems to be a hard wearing plastic which also means it's not too heavy on a wall fixing and also more robust than a super expensive wooden version. Yes, they're not the cheapest but it is a great item and I'd highly recommend it - it's survived our household of 3 kids under 7 with flying colours and is still going strong!

Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker & Sleep Wristband
Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker & Sleep Wristband
Price: 68.15 - 124.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 24 Oct 2013
My husband bought this for me, he has the fitbit One which he loves. I'm not as much into my exercising as he is, but this does help me to understand how active I am in a day - surprisingly quite a lot. It is less 'visual' than the Fitbit One, requiring you to sync with the relevant device (phone, computer) but I find it is far more portable and much easier to wear than the One. The packaging comes complete with a bluetooth dongle to plug into your computer/laptop so you can sync via that method but personally I just sync to my phone. I love the function that tells me how efficient my sleep is - which having 3 young kids, isn't very, but it gives me a better understanding of the quality and quantity of sleep I'm getting. I'm able to review the most active portions of my day and generally have a much clearer understanding of how I'm doing as far as reaching my goals. When linked with 'My Fitness Pal' app, which we use to input what we're eating and drinking daily, the Fitbit is able to seriously add to the functionality of the app. Very impressed so far. Highly recommend for just about anyone who wants to monitor their activity and exercise - you don't need to be a serious athlete to benefit from one of these.

Large Stretchy Alien Assorted Colours (1 Supplied)
Large Stretchy Alien Assorted Colours (1 Supplied)
Offered by TAOS
Price: 0.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointingly small, 27 Mar 2013
I purchased a few of these items for my little boy and we were both very disappointed with the product received. With no sizes given on the page I, obviously erroneously, assumed large would mean ... well ... large. Obviously not. If these are large then the small would be absolutely miniscule. The height of these is 5cm. They are slightly stretchy but not especially so. Save your money and buy something else.

Cuisinart Grind and Brew Plus
Cuisinart Grind and Brew Plus
Price: 139.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Does everything I want, 30 Sep 2011
Have only had this a week, but we have used it almost daily during that time. I looked around carefully, read reviews and stretched my budget a bit and am I glad I did. I LOVE the fact that this machine can take both coffee beans and ground coffee, so depending on stocks in the house we're not confined to one or the other. It's quick, straightforward and has the brilliant option to programme it to start at a given time - usually 6am in our house so my husband can take a fresh cup of coffee to work in the mornings. It doesn't have a heated pad, but that's a huge benefit, because as my husband has pointed out, it doesn't burn the coffee as our previous coffee maker did. The thermal flask keeps the coffee hot and tasty for quite a while - as mentioned in other reviews it's definitely better if you wash the pot in hot water to pre-warm it before starting. Even if it's just my husband drinking it we don't find much tends to get wasted as a 'cup' isn't as large as our mugs at home. My husband and father in law rate it highly (I'm a tea drinker, myself) and they're tough to please so it's worth every star - GREAT value for money! As for me, it looks great in the kitchen and the smell of ground coffee beans and hot coffee is a rather lovely pleasure first thing in the morning.

My Buggy Buddy Pram Lock
My Buggy Buddy Pram Lock
Price: 5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little item, 8 Dec 2009
Bought this just recently and already I'm finding it invaluable. It's so very useful for holding bags on my pram, locking my handbag to the trolley when shopping, securing buggy/pram if you want to leave it outside a shop. I'm sure there are other things I'll be using it for too. Fantastic value for the price and I'm tempted to buy a couple for friends it's so good!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 9, 2010 2:42 PM GMT

VTech Baby First Steps Baby Walker
VTech Baby First Steps Baby Walker
Offered by The Entertainer
Price: 25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy - hours of fun, 22 Jan 2007
Bought this for my 11 month old daughter and she absolutely loves it. She was already cruising the furniture but this has helped her confidence in walking, which she is doing now just a few weeks later. The toy has a great range of sounds and music, and in an English accented voice rather than American like some of the other toys out there. Combines music, numbers and speech for a wide variety of interactive playtimes. Durable and bright, this will provide hours of entertainment for your child - my friend's 2 year old still enjoys playing with it. Highly recommended!

The Bourne Identity
The Bourne Identity
by Robert Ludlum

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic by the Master, 8 Nov 2002
This review is from: The Bourne Identity (Paperback)
I bought this book after having watched the movie and having finished it in a matter of 3 days I can say the two bear little resemblance save for names and a title. Robert Ludlum is a master at his craft and this book is riveting. His attention to detail shows in every paragraph he writes. Jason Bourne is found, drifting at sea, shot 4 times and near death, with no memory of who or what he is. His voyage of discovery takes him to Zurich, via Paris and finally to the States, all the time discovering just a little bit more about the man he 'thinks' he is - or rather, the man everyone else thinks he is. This book is packed with action, some romance and enough close-calls to keep you on the edge of your seat.
If you've seen the movie, go out and get this book to see what the real thing is like - there's just no comparison between the two.
A highly-intelligent, spellbinding read that will have you back at the bookstore in no time buying everything else this man has ever written.

In Too Deep
In Too Deep
by Cherry Adair
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 4.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy, Funny and well worth a second and a third read, 10 Oct 2002
Cherry Adair just gets better. If you've read her other books and enjoyed them, you'll love this one. Micheal Wright, eldest of the 4 brothers, an ex-Navy SEAL has come to Paradise Island to get revenge on the man who killed his best friend and near ruined his own life. When he saves his arch-enemy's daughter initially he seeks to use her for his own ends, but that soon changes. I really enjoyed the heroine, Tally - she's normal, not a martial arts expert, but nor is she some fainting, die-away female. She stands up for herself and rolls with the punches (literally at times), dealing with everything that's thrown at her with a quick wit and humour. This book made me laugh almost as much as some scenes made me blush (as the other reviewer said, the scene with the pearls is certainly ... different). If you want a read that's got all the usual Cherry Adair action and romance, with just that touch of wry humour, then go out and get this, you won't regret it!

Page: 1 | 2