Profile for James > Reviews

Content by James

James "I'm a retired security guard. I enjoy Sci-Fi, Crime novels & Dickens. My musical tastes range from Classical {British Composeres} to Folk." (MARYPORT, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Boston
Boston

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Boston (MP3 Download)
Already Reviewed the Whole Album by this Artist. "You Know What It's Like To Be Alone And Shut Down".

You Known What It's Like To Be Alone and Shut Down
You Known What It's Like To Be Alone and Shut Down

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not easy to pick out outstanding tracks because they're all pretty ..., 6 Sept. 2014
I was intrigued by this album, when i came across it by accident on the internet, because of its title. It has to be one of the longest album titles ever. The music on it, however, is very much to my taste; soft and gentle with simple acoustic finger-picking guitar. Winter Took His Life is really a young lady from Sweden named Susanna Brandin, and boy is she lovely to listen to. It's not easy to pick out outstanding tracks because they're all pretty good. My favourites are Oh; I'm Done Trying ; Something's Falling Apart and of course the two tracks i bought as downloads from Amazon's Music Store, Boston and Lucky Star. If you like your music soft and low from a young lady with a great voice then this is an album for you. No problem giving this album five stars, and i'll certainly be on the lookout for more from this lady.

Arcadia
Arcadia

4.0 out of 5 stars "Arcadia" ---- Like the Parson's egg, good in parts., 24 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Arcadia (MP3 Download)
This is the second album by Narsilion which I have listened to, the other being "Elenna Nore". Although I did enjoy "Arcadia" it's not a patch on "Elenna Nore", which in my view is brilliant. The best tracks, for me, on "Arcadia" are Faraway, Visions from the Ancient Times and Lagrimas de Cristal. Perhaps the five year gap between the two albums shows how much better this group from Catalonia, Spain have become. I give "Arcadia" only four stars. It's a very enjoyable album to listen to, but treat yourself and buy "Elenna Nore".

Blood / Lines
Blood / Lines

4.0 out of 5 stars Emily Jane White : Blood/Lines....... A wee bit anemic., 7 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Blood / Lines (MP3 Download)
I now have all four of this lady's albums and I have to say, in all honesty, I consider this latest offering from Ms. White to be the weakest of the four. "Dark Undercoat" was excellent ; "Victorian America" was brilliant and "Ode to Sentience" showed that this lady was here to stay. My advice to any music lover out there is to buy the three above albums before you buy "Blood/Lines" because if you judge Emily Jane White on this album alone you'll be depriving yourself of her best work. Only four stars for this album.

The Great Despiser
The Great Despiser

3.0 out of 5 stars "The Great Despiser" ---- Disappointing., 26 July 2014
This review is from: The Great Despiser (MP3 Download)
Oh dear! Once more we have an artist who can't decide whether he's a folk singer or a country singer. When I heard Joe's debut album "Messenger", my thought was, what a great folk album. Then along comes "The Great Despiser", and my thought is, what an average country album. T.G.P. is not a patch on "Messenger", which is brilliant. Please, Joe, make your mind up which you want to be ---- folk or country.

This Empty Northern Hemisphere
This Empty Northern Hemisphere

5.0 out of 5 stars Gregory Alan Isakov ------- A natural successor to the late, great Townes Van Zandt., 25 July 2014
First came across this performer when i heard his later album to this one (The Weatherman) and thought it was fantastic. This one is every bit as good. If you like your folk music soft and gentle and laidback the Gregory Alan Isakov is definitely worth a listen. I totally agree with all other reviewers of this album, who like me enjoy great singer/songwriters. No problem giving it five stars. Buy It.

Sea Oh See
Sea Oh See

3.0 out of 5 stars Sea Oh See ---- Listen to the rest of the album, then judge., 16 July 2014
This review is from: Sea Oh See (MP3 Download)
This was the only track from the album "Under Mountains" which I hadn't heard and I have to say, in all honesty, it's probably the weakest track on an otherwise good album. Breathe Easy, The Fog, Sleep and Eggshells are infinately better tracks. Ms Sermanni has, what I call, one of those delicate voices which draws you in to her music. She isn't quite there yet as a great singer/songwriter but if she continues on her current path she'll get there. Only three stars for this track and an overall four stars for the album.

The War of the Worlds (the Original 1938 Broadcast - Remastered)
The War of the Worlds (the Original 1938 Broadcast - Remastered)

5.0 out of 5 stars The War of the Worlds ----- A true radio classic., 16 July 2014
I used to have a copy of this recording on an audio tape I bought way, way back before the advent of CD. This download is a much crisper and clearer version, although it is still evident it was recorded at the time on acetate. Considering the age of the orriginal broadcast, this is an excellent reproduction of one of radio's greatest pieces of nostalgia. The fact that this adaptation caused widespread panic on the eastern seaboard of the U.S.A. when it was first broadcast is a tremendous compliment to the great Orson Welles and his Mercury Theatre on the Air company. Thank You Amazon for making it availible for download at such a bargain price. For anyone who loves classic old radio recordings I say buy it and enjoy one of the best dramatisations you'll ever listen to.

SLx 27828HSG Single Output Signal Booster for 4G Device
SLx 27828HSG Single Output Signal Booster for 4G Device

5.0 out of 5 stars A Really excellent Signal Booster, 8 July 2014
A Really excellent Signal Booster. Stopped the channels which sometimes froze and broke up from doing so. I had put the trouble down to the weather and poor signal quality, which this product corrected. I would recommend this product to anyone experiencing the same trouble.

Good Witch's Garden [DVD] [2009] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Good Witch's Garden [DVD] [2009] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars The Good Witch's Garden [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC], 28 May 2014
Just as enjoyable as the other films I've seen in this series. Picture quality is excellent and would recommend this and the others in the series to people who enjoy good clean family entertainment. Catherine Bell and Chris Potter obviously enjoy making these films and they work extremely well together. Just as good a plot in this story as in the others I,ve seen. Will look out for future releases in the series.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10