Profile for T. Lindley > Reviews

Content by T. Lindley

T. Lindley

Page: 1 | 2
Dark Blood (Logan McRae, Book 6)
Dark Blood (Logan McRae, Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Mar. 2015
Love the Logan McRae books. I don't think the Aberdeen Tourist Office are fans though

7 Men's Boxed White Satin Handkerchiefs 100% cotton
7 Men's Boxed White Satin Handkerchiefs 100% cotton
Offered by Wholesale Interiors

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Mar. 2015
Very good, just what I wanted

The Farm
The Farm
by Tom Rob Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars I've enjoyed his previous offerings but found this one didn't grab ..., 26 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Farm (Hardcover)
Sadly couldn't get into this book. I gave up after about 70%. I've enjoyed his previous offerings but found this one didn't grab me at all,

The Crow Trap (Vera Stanhope Book 1)
The Crow Trap (Vera Stanhope Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars I eventually enjoyed this book and am reading the next, 9 July 2014
I eventually enjoyed this book and am reading the next. I say eventually because I got slightly annoyed waiting for Vera to appear, which she does well into the book. I am old fashioned, I like my detective novels to have a crime, a detective and a story. Not a crime half a book of character building and then a detective. Now I have got used to the style I can enjoy the books. One more thing it seems to me that TV adaptions quite often miss the mark, but in Brenda Blethyn they are spot on.

Typhoon
Typhoon

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent, 27 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Typhoon (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't put it down, as good as Le Carre at his best. Also a good travellers guide to Beijing and Shanghai.

Catastrophe: Europe Goes to War 1914
Catastrophe: Europe Goes to War 1914

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class, 3 Nov. 2013
I am a fan of Max Hastings, but have struggled with his two books previous to Catastrophe. However with his latest offering he is back on form. This is a first class account of the war in 1914. I particularly liked his accounts of the fighting on the Eastern Front, though the book is a bit thin on the Italian front. I suppose its too much to expect him to cover the rest of the Great War, but one can hope.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2013 7:17 AM GMT

War by Timetable: How the First World War Began
War by Timetable: How the First World War Began

5.0 out of 5 stars AJP at his best, 29 Sept. 2013
Given the number of books on the beginning of WW1 just now, I am surprised that this first class book has not been given more prominence. It certainly deserves it.

The Damascened Blade: Third in series (Joe Sandilands Investigation Book 3)
The Damascened Blade: Third in series (Joe Sandilands Investigation Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Confused, 13 Aug. 2013
I am enjoying this the third cleverly book and will read the rest, however I am confused. At the end of book two he is on his way back home on ship to Europe . In book three he is still in India?

A Delicate Truth
A Delicate Truth
by John le Carré

4.0 out of 5 stars le Carre finds the plot, 26 May 2013
This review is from: A Delicate Truth (Hardcover)
I think le Carre has found the plot again. His last few books have been off the mark. I enjoyed this novel but think he left too many good`characters out on a limb.

A Line in the Sand: Britain, France and the struggle that shaped the Middle East
by James Barr

5.0 out of 5 stars The 150 Years War?, 20 Feb. 2013
This is an excellent book. It seems clear to me that allowing for the intervals of the Crimea & the Great War, the British and French have been at war from 1800 to the late 1940s. The antagonistic conduct of both countries over the carving up of the Ottoman Empire, and the subsequent manoeuvres over control of Syria, the Lebanon and Palestine, was an undeclared war.

Page: 1 | 2