Profile for Alfonso > Reviews

Content by Alfonso

Alfonso

Page: 1 | 2
The BRAIN SELL: When Science Meets Shopping - How the new mind sciences and the persuasion industry are reading our thoughts, influencing our emotions ... Read Your Mind and Manipulate Your Behaviour
by David Lewis

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written and technical, it opened my eyes to ..., 14 Oct 2014
Well written and technical, it opened my eyes to how much effort Companies would do to get people to buy their product, giving us consumers the false belief that we are entirely free to choose to buy their products/ services when in fact they have all carefully designed the product itself and the adverts to go with it based on how our Minds and brains typically react to it.

Subliminal: The New Unconscious and What it Teaches Us
Subliminal: The New Unconscious and What it Teaches Us
by Leonard Mlodinow

4.0 out of 5 stars I haven't read it properly yet but the first few ..., 14 Oct 2014
I haven't read it properly yet but the first few pages are very informative.

No Excuses: The Power of Self-Discipline
No Excuses: The Power of Self-Discipline
by Brian Tracy

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has changed my life., 15 Jun 2014
I love self-help books like this. This book along with Robert Greene's "48 Laws of Power" book helps me to be confident in life and improve my behaviour and cultivate good habits. A great book written by a very wise man who teaches you to control your reactions and accept responsibility for yourself, even if the dilemma or situation you are in was beyond your control.

Romeo + Juliet [DVD] [1996]
Romeo + Juliet [DVD] [1996]
Dvd ~ Leonardo DiCaprio

5.0 out of 5 stars Good movie., 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: Romeo + Juliet [DVD] [1996] (DVD)
Good movie. Great adaptation. Useful when used with the original Shakespeare text when I tutor my students. I am very grateful.

Diablo: the Kingdom of Shadow (The Diablo Series)
Diablo: the Kingdom of Shadow (The Diablo Series)
by Richard A. Knaak
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars A good piece of dark fantasy., 28 Sep 2013
Things are not always what they seem, people die, things go wrong, a lot of references to the Diablo series etc. Perfect entertainment. However, there weren't a lot of complex words used in the story so it doesn't expand your vocabulary if you are a serious reader that is. Perfect entertainment overall.

Buzan's Study Skills: Mind Maps, Memory Techniques, Speed Reading and More! (Mind Set)
by Tony Buzan

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful book for university., 7 July 2013
Useful mind techniques for learning. Wish I was taught this when I began first year university, would have helped a lot.

AMPM24 Unique Men Magnifier Skeleton Mechanical Pocket Watch
AMPM24 Unique Men Magnifier Skeleton Mechanical Pocket Watch
Offered by AMPM24

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch., 7 July 2013
Nice watch but the hinge connecting the lid cover to the rest of the watch ruins the cyclical look of the watch to a small extent. Also have to regularly wind the watch as it is not battery powered. Very good watch overall.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)
Offered by LT Lighting

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game., 31 May 2013
Great game, a massive improvement on Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion in terms of a very immersive main storyline, a greatly enhanced combat system, terrific magickal effects and a more simplified skill tree.

Creative Thinking For Dummies (For Dummies (Psychology & Self Help))
Creative Thinking For Dummies (For Dummies (Psychology & Self Help))
by David Cox

4.0 out of 5 stars This seems to be a good book., 31 May 2013
I believe 4 stars is what this book deserves. I like the way the book is presented in terms of its content, helpful tips and exercises to increase creativity etc. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to be creative whether it's in business, music, art and especially to people like me who are coming from a Chemistry background; Science is generally methodical and rational but when it comes to interpreting experimental results, that is when imagination is key as there are so many variables and possibilities that have to be considered, an aspect of Chemistry which I generally am not very skilled at apart from learning the theory. This book is great for people who are too left-brained and in need of balance.

Skilful Time Management (Student-Friendly Guides)
Skilful Time Management (Student-Friendly Guides)
by Peter Levin

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book!, 18 May 2013
A brilliant book, if only I had bought this during my time at university. There were times where I was so overwhelmed with my workload, confused, stressed etc that I didn't know what to do and I made a lot of costly mistakes in prioritising tasks, taking too long in the small tasks and not leaving enough time for the larger tasks.

Page: 1 | 2