Profile for jaytei > Reviews

Content by jaytei

jaytei "jaytei" (west coast UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Nemesis - The Complete Collection (Platinum Cult Edition) [Blu-ray] - Olivier Gruner

3.0 out of 5 stars Both Ecstatic and Gutted at the same time! Cult classic Nemesis has been altered!!, 23 Feb. 2015
Yes, They Messed With It !!
My initial gleeful dance at this cult classic science fiction B-movie, being given a new breath of life into HD! (Mainly thanks to all the fans of this great movie around the world, especially Germany).
And then reduced to a somber sinking feeling, at the jaw dropping realization, that they have changed some of the original content!!
I am mortified.

The film looks and sounds fantastic in all new High Definition. I would have given 5 stars for this.
I'm giving it 3 stars because of the changes to the film. (YOU DO NOT MESS WITH A CULT CLASSIC!! What are they thinking you crazies??!)
And because I can't buy the film separately, (I'm referring to Nemesis part one of course. The other offerings are too weird for my liking.)
They will lose a lot of money, if they only sell as a box set. Most people only want part one.

They changed:
The famous narration originally done by the sexy voice of Marjorie Monaghan, is replaced by Olivier Gruner himself. (Which is a bad idea).
Extra dialogue added at the end, to suggest that Alex and Max Impact are killed at the top of the stairs. (WTF!)

Anyway, see for yourself. (I'm Bias as i'm a big fan).
If you've never seen this film before, and you like sci-fi, watch this, it is brilliant!

Salomon X Ultra GTX Trail Walking Shoes - 11
Salomon X Ultra GTX Trail Walking Shoes - 11
Offered by SportsShoes Unlimited

4.0 out of 5 stars Big review for a shoe, 31 Jan. 2015
I am a size ten, I always buy a size bigger than I am, to allow for toe spreading. Especially for running shoes.
I always buy running / trekking shoes as they best suit my lifestyle. Footwear for any situation. I wear them every day.
My previous shoes were North Face hedgehogs. I wore them everyday, everywhere, and they lasted over 3 years.
They are excellent. I would have bought the exact same pair, but I cannot find them, and the current version has a different design.
Which I do not like. So I had to find something as close as possible.

After trawling the net, I found these solomon to be the closest match.
I read solomon are a little narrow, and I agree, but only because my feet are a little wider than usual. They will shape to my feet eventually.
These are well made and comfortable, I hope they will be as good as my good old North Face.

Main selling points for me: (As my old North Face has these features too).
Quick laces, (Just fasten tight with the toggle).
Breathable waterproof Goretex.
Wrap around toe guard.
Under sole guard (Protection from sharp objects underfoot etc).
Excellent grip with good coverage. (Not spikes which wear down faster).

Hope this helps

Medal of Honor - Limited Edition (PS3)
Medal of Honor - Limited Edition (PS3)
Offered by findprice

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game!, 30 Jan. 2015
Used to love this game on my ps1! Got to the stage where I could shoot every baddie in the head and never be hit myself! Lol. Really pleased with the limited edition version I now have for ps3, which includes frontline, which I never played.

Make you Sweat-16 sexsational Club Ravers (1991)
Make you Sweat-16 sexsational Club Ravers (1991)
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent mix tape album, 30 Jan. 2015
Had this album on cassette, and remember it well, so I've bought the cd :)

Medal Of Honor
Medal Of Honor
Offered by John Seth Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game!, 30 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Medal Of Honor (Video Game)

Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit Case for Sony Xperia Z3 Compact - Blue (Retail Packaging)

4.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best case for the job, 25 Jan. 2015
Fits like a glove, flexable smooth rubber case. One issue is, I have to keep taking the cover off to open the waterproof flap, so I can connect the cable to my computer, to transfer files to the memory card. I feel this is more Sonys design issue and not the case design issue. Other s-line cases have a space to open the waterproof flap, but it does lessen the integrity of the case.
I prefer this case. Also I prefer transparent case's to solid colour.

If I Could Fly
If I Could Fly

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Euphoric Dance album from the 90's, 25 Jan. 2015
This review is from: If I Could Fly (Audio CD)
Brilliant album from one of Paul Okenfolds projects. I had this album before and lost it, hence buying it again. Great listen

The Principal [DVD] [2002]
The Principal [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ James Belushi

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent movie, anyone know where I can get the soundtrack?, 25 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Principal [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
I loved this film as a kid. Watched it over and over. I actually bought this film years ago for a friend who is also a fan. (Region 2 from HMV)
I'm leaving this comment for a different reason though. I'm hoping someone could point me in the direction of the soundtrack! The soundtrack is fantastic, and is right up there with The Lost Boys in my opinion. As far as I can tell after looking for some years, their is no soundtrack to this great film. Even though it states in the credits that the soundtrack is available on cassette from RCA or something like that, I've never been able to find it. Any help?

Hugo Boss JUST DIFFERENT deodorant stick 70 gr
Hugo Boss JUST DIFFERENT deodorant stick 70 gr
Offered by Online Beauty Buys

5.0 out of 5 stars One application per day, Lasting scent. I highly recommend Boss Just Different, 2 Jan. 2015
I always used Boss Skin (Sensitive). Strong, lasting scent. Great product, but for some reason has disappeared from sale.
Forcing me to have to find a new deodorant. I went with the highest selling Boss Bottled Deodorant Stick. This one gets 2 stars, as the scent is far weaker, and needs applying a few times a day. Not recommended.
Now i'm using this Just Different. It's only been a few days, but the difference is greatly improved. Much more like the Boss Skin I was using before. One application per day, Lasting scent. I highly recommend this one.

Nostalgia
Nostalgia

2.0 out of 5 stars Why no proper dvd with this?, 27 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Nostalgia (Audio CD)
I wanted the DVD version, so I could see annie perform these tracks. But only one music video! Disappointed!
I'm really annoyed! More so because, I saw the interview / documentary, and it shows short video clips of each track being performed! They have the footage and chose to only release one video track!! Aarrrhhh.

I love Annie, I love they way she presents herself, her style, and to get so little from such an already illusive woman....
I only hope they release a full Dvd of this album at some point!

This album is great! But only two stars for physical product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11