Profile for Neville Watkins > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Humax HDR-FOX T2 500GB Freeview + HD Digital TV Recorder
Humax HDR-FOX T2 500GB Freeview + HD Digital TV Recorder

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelling Expectations, 2 Jan. 2012
Never having owned a hard drive recorder before I did some careful research before eventually plumping for the Humax-Fox T2 HD. I'm certainly glad that I did. I've been absolutely stunned by it. Not only is it a piece of cake to set up, but the results have been gob smackingly impressive. Gone are the old days of fiddling around with timers on an old VHS machine. This is a perfect example of technology improving things for the better. It really couldn't be simpler. In actual fact this is slightly worrying. You wonder if that is it, because there is no indication that you've successfully set it to record something and you are left wondering if you should leave it on, turn it off or what, and come the time the machine shows no sign of stirring from it's stand by mode. I needn't have worried though. It's just cunningly efficient stealth recording.

The one thing you will have to watch out for if you are considering this machine, and it's something I picked up from an earlier review, is the bloody power saving. Initially I set it up and found I could only get a handful of channels through my TV receiver, and those kept breaking up. After tearing my hair out I read back and found the clue. In standby the recorder will not amplify the TV signal unless you turn it off on the menu. So no, you haven't mucked it up. With this done you'll be suitably impressed and I would expect you to be as pleased as I am with it. I'd have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending this hard drive recorder to anyone.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2012 9:51 PM GMT