Profile for Fraggle_Rock > Reviews

Philip's Moon Observer's Guide
Philip's Moon Observer's Guide
by Peter Grego

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Informative., 17 Aug 2013
A well written and informative book.
Ideal if you plan to observe the Lunar 100 in the coming winter months!

Dual induction hob
Dual induction hob
Offered by kitchen-and-home-com
Price: 139.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality., 17 Aug 2013
This review is from: Dual induction hob
I've used Induction Hobs before, and my previous two were very simple to operate. They didn't have the Temperature control and were simply 1 to 10 power controls.
This unit is a little more complicated, but over time like most things you will use it and get to know it's good and bad points for which there is?
The good points are; It boils water very quickly, rice and slow cooking are very good if you use the right hand plate which has a maximum 1300 watt setting so 500 or 800 watts is fine even without touching temperate settings. The timer is OK.
The not so good points; It comes with a European plug so you'll need an adapter. The Timer settings would be better if they were all 1 minute increments... they start 1,2,3,4,5... then move to 5 minute increments, so your 4 minute egg will be ok? Lastly, I found the Error setting too sensitive? When frying chips, fish etc... you need to use the left hand plate and set the power to 1800 watts as nothing else will get the oil hot and your chips will end up soggy? Half way through frying the chips, the E2 shuts the power off and the manual says you have to let the plate cool down before further use? It also happens on the 1500 watt setting too? That is the only reason why I have given it 4 Star rating? Other than that it is very stylish and sleek... and one other point some of the Stainless Steel pots have left marks on the plate and won't come off.. so not sure if they can be removed with a special purpose non abrasive cleaner?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2013 4:33 PM BST

Sony RDPX30IP.CEK Speaker Dock for iPod or iPhone Media Playback
Sony RDPX30IP.CEK Speaker Dock for iPod or iPhone Media Playback
Price: 89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Scepticle..., 16 April 2013
Sounds too good to be true?

I bought one... was sceptical?

Wondered what all the hype was about?

Hit me like a ton of bricks!

It really is that good!!

Duracell Replacement Digital Camera Battery For Canon LP-E5 Digital Camera Battery
Offered by MyMemory
Price: 9.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth the Money!, 23 Mar 2013
Spent 16 on a Piece of Trash! OK, I know we all try to cut corners and buy on the cheap hoping to get a bargain? I've bought cheap batteries for my Canon 500D before and to be honest it was alright for a backup but nowhere near as good as the original that incidentally after 3 years and over 10,000 photo's is still going strong and lasts all day!
The name 'Duracell' means a quality product?...... Not necessarily. The cheapo I bought for a tenner finally packed up a year and 3 days after I'd bought it so couldn't send it back for a replacement..(Yeah 3 days over and the warranty would have covered!!!) So I saw this and thought, in for a penny...and ordered it! I've used it no less than 10 times now and it's gone broke on me already! The camera flashes the battery is low, and then switches off. I charge it, and after 10 minutes it shows fully charged? In the camera, it also shows fully charged? After 6 shots it's flat again!!! Today, I've ordered a genuine Canon LP-E5 for nearly 40. It just really isn't worth buying cheap and nasty!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2013 6:11 AM BST

Heavy Duty Design HDD-204 Seat Cover Universal Front - Grey
Heavy Duty Design HDD-204 Seat Cover Universal Front - Grey
Price: 19.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Universal!, 16 Jan 2013
Advertised as Universal? Universal, they are not! I have a Mercedes W124 E Class 1992. I looked for seat covers because of the dogs, muddy paws etc. Typed the car details in and these seat covers were presented to me. Read all the details, and decided to order two.
They arrived very quickly... (two days before the estimated date)and upon inspection they looked good quality, and well made. Tried to fit them on the car and they wouldn't slide down all the way, effectively, too tight?
Luckily my elderly neighbour is a retired expert seamstress and with a few minor adjustments (a bit of unstitching..) they fitted all the way down and look really good!
Conclusion: They are a good quality well made cover, just a shame they are given the title 'Universal' when in fact they are not, because of this I will only give them four stars.