Profile for Darren Watkins > Reviews

Content by Darren Watkins
Top Reviewer Ranking: 639

Darren Watkins (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Nutrifiz Wheatgrass Effervescent Tablets - Pack of 20
Nutrifiz Wheatgrass Effervescent Tablets - Pack of 20

3.0 out of 5 stars Green fizz, 4 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was very surprised to have received these via courier at 20:25. But I opened them and put one straight into a glass of water.

It did take a few minutes for it to dissolved, but I helped it along by stirring it. It did get a bit of a head, and I just didn't know what the green liquid was going to taste of. It does have a sweet and sour taste to it, not unpleasant, but not something you would love to drink. As to whether it will give me more energy etc I will just have to wait and see.

Dettol Mould and Mildew Remover Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)
Dettol Mould and Mildew Remover Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright white grout again, 22 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I used this mighty product on the grout in the bathroom. I have a shower over the bath, and the grout was getting more orange by the day. That is until I give it a good going over with this little beauty. It's probably got more to do with the bleach that is in it rather than the mould and mildew removing effect. But there was also a bit of mould and it got rid of that after a couple of applications.

This is powerful stuff and you really are better off using gloves and using it in a well ventilated room. But after a few applications everything came up sparkly clean.

Igenix IG6711 Counter Top Fridge with Lock, 47 Litre, Stainless Steel
Igenix IG6711 Counter Top Fridge with Lock, 47 Litre, Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart and handy fridge, 15 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This little fridge is absolutely fantastic and exactly what I need.

My partner has MS and sometimes can't get out of bed, so I got this fridge to put in the bedroom so at least he can have cold drinks and store milk in so he can have hot drinks on the days he is confide to bed.

There is definitely enough storage space for a few drinks and the odd snack, and like others, we wouldn't be using the lock. It is like having a mini bar in the bedroom. The ice making compartment is next to useless, but at least we can put one ice cube tray in.

Let's face it, this is a tiny fridge that is probably just suitable for drinks, it isn't really ideal for a full weeks shopping, so for this it is perfect.

Dettol Power and Fresh Citrus Zest Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)
Dettol Power and Fresh Citrus Zest Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Mmmmm citrus fresh and clean, 3 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I tend to use an anti bacterial spray in my kitchen. I was very impressed by this one. The scent is really fresh and clean.

One of the worst things to clean is my sink. I am a heavy tea drinker and sometimes the bottom of the sink, especially the plug hole, gradually builds up a 'tan'. A few squirts of this and after five minutes the colour returns to normal. I like the way you can use it on just about everything in the kitchen. I do sometimes go a bit overboard and end up spraying it everywhere. But it is perfect on the tiles behind the cooker, on the bench, the sink, the sticky bin lid.

I know it says that you can use this in the bathroom too, but I am a bit funny about taking stuff I use in the kitchen and taking it into the bathroom. So for now this stays in the kitchen, I will go and get another one for the bathroom.

Challenge Salmon and Whitefish Dog Biscuits, 300 g
Challenge Salmon and Whitefish Dog Biscuits, 300 g

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% natural and 100% tasty, 22 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Absolutely love these biscuits, well my dog does. Not only are they made in the UK (in Grimsby actually), they have 100% natural ingredients. It's basically fish and potato.

They have a very good shelf life on them, mine have just under 9 months, are hypo allergenic and gluten free. The biscuits are slightly bigger than a 10p piece - I have uploaded a photo.

Well, you should have seen my little one when she saw the packet, she was spinning in circles when I opened the pack and she could smell them. No sooner was one in my hand then it was in her mouth. She gave it a couple of chews and then down went the biscuit.

WIll definitely buy these again.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Officially Licensed PS3 COMM-PLAY Stereo Gaming Headset CP-01 - Blue
Officially Licensed PS3 COMM-PLAY Stereo Gaming Headset CP-01 - Blue
Offered by RAREWAVES

3.0 out of 5 stars Wired for Sound, 10 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These headphones are quite comfortable to wear, nice padded ear pieces and adjustable head strap. It just depends on whether you keep your head steady or not when using them as to whether they stay on your head!

Sound quality is quite good though.

PaperPro Eco Stapler 1716 Desktop model with One Finger Stapling Power, 20 Sheets (Sand)

4.0 out of 5 stars Chunky stapler, 10 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well, what can you say about a stapler, except it staples.

It is a bit of a chnky monster, not that I have a thing against chunky monsters! It really is one finger action too. Very handy when you have your hands full of other bits of paper and rubbish.

Zyliss Digital Multi Timer
Zyliss Digital Multi Timer

3.0 out of 5 stars Very quiet timer, 3 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I didn't really know what to expect from this timer, except I had hoped it was going to have an ear splittingly loud beep. How disappointed I am.

The timer does have a clock on it, it also has four different timers so if you were doing four things that you needed different times for then it would be ideal.

But I thought the whole point of a timer was to really scream at you to let you know when the time had expired. Not with this, it only lets out general very soft beeps. I suppose if you were to carry the timer around with you when you were using it, then it may not be a problem.

WOOF&BREW Herbal Dog Tea, Skin and Coat, 28 Bags
WOOF&BREW Herbal Dog Tea, Skin and Coat, 28 Bags

4.0 out of 5 stars Fancy a brew Rover?, 11 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As with all things doggie related, my dog will either love it or hate it. She loved this tea.

She is a bit of a tea demon, if you leave a cup lying around she will find it and have her head in the mug before you know what's happened.

Making this tea was, well, just like making a cup of tea. I put the tea bag in a jug, poured in the hot water and then added the cold water. She was a bit sniffy at first, going up to the bowl, sniffing it then walking away, but she is always like that.

Obviously it is too soon to see any changes to her coat but her moulting seems to be slowing down, but whether that's because she is getting her winter coat I don't know.

This is a really good product and very unusual. I think I will get the posh one and the one for lawns next.

Konstsmide Lightsets Outdoor 3612-110 19.04 m 120 Micro LED Fairy Lights, Warm White

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very impressed, 24 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
They aren't very long and very dull light comes off them.

The plug must be kept inside which is stupid because unless your have door or window open when plugged in it crimps the wire and what ever you put them on must be right outside window or door. The connection to the adapter is very loose slight movement on the wire it comes out the adaptor.

I'm not sure if the covering over each bulb would keep water out if it rained as some have gaps around the bulb and I certainly would not put them inside the wire is black and thick it would stand out like a organ stop. These are probably better suited for indoor use in my house.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20