Profile for Darren > Reviews

Content by Darren
Top Reviewer Ranking: 669

Darren (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Fisher-Price Smart Stages Purse
Fisher-Price Smart Stages Purse
Offered by Clickmegetme

5.0 out of 5 stars Interactive, well made bag keeps kids entertained, 20 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really cute little bag and has everything for the girl on the go. My niece loves it.

Not only does it have a bangle, a mobile phone, keys, credit card and a mirror, it also plays music and speaks.

It is a well made bag and will grow with your child, there are different stages and different songs/words it teaches your child. Can thoroughly recommend it.

Braun TrueScan Plus Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
Braun TrueScan Plus Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy blood pressure monitor, 20 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have only used this a few times and haven't hooked it up to my computer yet.

But, the first reading I got from it was high. I think that had something to do with struggling to get the battery cover off the machine to put in the two AAA batteries that you get with it. But to use it, you simply place it over your wrist and raise your arm to heart level. The thing I really like about this is that the pressure monitor will actually tell you when it is at the right level. It has a visual display to tell you if you are too high or too low.

Once your arm is at the right level, the machine will automatically start to work. Ignore the numbers on the screen as you will be shown your final figures once it has stopped. If you look at the right hand sand of the screen there is also an arrow showing where you are on a traffic light type system. If you are in the green you are fine, if you are in the orange or red you better check again then see a doctor.

You can put your readings into the memory of the monitor, and you can also transfer them over to a computer - although I haven't done this. You do get the software that will allow you to set your computer up.

Now, with blood pressure readings I always have to have mine taken twice - it's white coat syndrome - and the second one is always the lowest.

It does come with an operating manual but it is very difficult to read as it is so small. But the monitor is quite easy to use, and it does come with it's own hard plastic container which allows you to store it without fear it could get damaged. Can recommend it if you are looking after your health and need to take your blood pressure regularly.

Anself 1pcs Shaving Shave Brush Plastic Handle and Pig Boar Bristle Beard Mustache Brush
Offered by TOMTOP-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality at an incredible price, 14 Sept. 2015
I just can't believe the great value of this shaving brush. It feels really nice and well made. I just blown away at the price. All of the other shaving brushes I have looked at either have artificial bristles or, those with real bristles, are really expensive. Considering it was shipped from Germany, makes you wonder how they make any money. I'd gladly buy a load of them and sell them on, they are that good.

iGadgitz Premium Wallet Flip Black PU Leather Case Cover for Sony Xperia Z2 D6503 With Card Slots + Viewing Stand + Magnetic Closure + Screen Protector
Offered by iGadgitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Protection for your phone, 6 Sept. 2015
Love this cover. It is really well made and the phone sits comfortably in it. With the magnetic clasp the cover stays closed to protect the screen. It even has space for a couple of credit cards and a place for cash. Excellent value.

Fisher-Price Smart Stages Tea Set
Fisher-Price Smart Stages Tea Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful tea set, 1 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This toy is suitable for ages 6 – 36 months. It is a really nice little, first tea set.

It comes with two cups, a layered cake you can build up yourself and the magic teapot. The teapot has three stage setting on it. The first level is about exploring, mainly cheesy songs (only seems to have two songs). Level two is about encouraging, counting to three, songs, music. Level 3 is about pretending, by this stage you will be pretending to like it even though you want to put a hammer through it ha ha. It also goes off when you tip the tea pot.

Yes, hours of endless annoying fun. Absolutely perfect gift for grand children and nieces or nephews. Especially if you tell them it will only work in their own house.

Fisher-Price Princess Chime Doll
Fisher-Price Princess Chime Doll

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely doll, but inaccurate description, 1 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This doll is suitable for ages 6 – 36 months. I thought this was going to bigger than it is, looking at the pictures. It is 11 inches tall by 6 ½ inches wide.

One comment I have is on the crown/tiara. It is made of a hard plastic and is only fixed onto the doll in three places, and on the doll I received feels quite loose. But as it is only stitched on, it looks like it is easy enough to remove if you want to. Although as it is by Fisher Price and has the CE mark, it should be safe enough.

The doll itself is well made. The ‘chime’ inside appears to be a bell that dings every time it is rattled.

Fisher Price state that this doll helps develop security and happiness, and the senses. I suppose only time will tell. But it is a very nice, soft and cuddly first doll. My niece loves it.

Oh, and it appears the description is completely inaccurate. This doll does not take batteries, it does not crawl, and it isn’t a touch and crawl lion.

Wheels on the Bus Playtime
Wheels on the Bus Playtime
by Deryn Edwards
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought back memories, 29 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Oh my, this CD is driving me crazy. I use it when my niece comes around - she is one - and she loves it. But for me, I knew something was wrong when I started humming some of the tunes at work.

I have to admit though, it did bring back some memories of when I was little and some of the songs I had forgotten. But with 30 songs on, the CD runs for 45 minutes.

I think the next time my niece comes over, she can take it home with her. That should annoy my brother for a bit.

Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser, 170g
Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser, 170g

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous smelling and soft skin, 29 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I used this in the shower this morning. The bottle/tube is really quite big compared to normal face washes I get. The smell is absolutely gorgeous too.

I put a tiny amount of the quite firm white paste onto my hands and rubbed it into my face, you can also apply with a face cloth. It didn't foam, but when I washed it off my face felt really soft. So far today I haven't noticed any dry skin on my face. Let's keep on using it and see what happens.

But with a load of natural ingredients and probiotics thrown in, you can't really go wrong. This bottle/tube will last for ages.

High Dive
High Dive
by Jonathan Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly descriptive, feels like you are there, 29 Aug. 2015
This review is from: High Dive (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Absolutely loving this book.

I am not going to repeat what it is about. The author gives such detailed descriptions about locations, days, feelings, what is going on, it almost feels as if you are there.

The book is broken down into easy to read sections, not many of them are pages and pages long so it is easy to put down.

Now, just a word on the story and subject matter. I don't think the author intended this to be a blow by blow accurate event of what happened in the lead up to the bombing of the Grand Hotel. But the general story is there, in fact, it is like a TV drama based on real events, but situations and characters may have been added for dramatic effect.

I'm definitely looking forward to reading more from Jonathan Lee.

Murad Blackhead & Pore Clearing Duo
Murad Blackhead & Pore Clearing Duo

4.0 out of 5 stars Tingling skin, 25 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have only used this once so far, but the feeling I get is incredible.

First of all, when you open the box you have two products. One is the, let’s call it a face pack, and the other is a pore sealer.

I get blackheads on my nose and under my eyes.

So, after putting the face pack on to the parts of my face prone to black heads it has to be left on for ten minutes. It doesn’t dry to a hard mask like a clay face pack. It was still relatively pliable. You have to wash it off, but it has a built in exfoliator which felt really nice on the skin. After I had washed it off my skin felt immediately softer. Then you have to put a thin layer of the pore sealer all over your face. That made my face tingle quite pleasantly. The bottle states I need to put another layer of the pore sealer on in 12 hours.

The packaging does tell you to do the whole process 2 – 3 times per week, it just depends on what effect it has on your skin. If it clears the black heads, then perhaps use it as a routine maintenance tool.

The whole process was relatively quick and you could probably do it as part of your morning routine, putting on the face pack before you clean your teeth and then wash the pack off in the shower.

I’ll just have to see how I go on, but I really like this so far.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20