Profile for Mr. Jm Pollock > Reviews

Content by Mr. Jm Pollock

Mr. Jm Pollock (Reading, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
5 Pcs 5mm Diameter Black Clip On EMI RFI Noise Ferrite Core Filter
5 Pcs 5mm Diameter Black Clip On EMI RFI Noise Ferrite Core Filter
Offered by sourcingmap

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work unfortunately :(, 15 Feb. 2013
Bought these to reduce interference on my PC speaker cables. Disappointingly, these really didn't make any difference at all unfortunately.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2013 8:02 PM GMT

5 Pcs UF-50B Clip On Noise Suppressor 5mm Cable Ferrite Core Filters
5 Pcs UF-50B Clip On Noise Suppressor 5mm Cable Ferrite Core Filters
Offered by sourcingmap

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work unfortunately :(, 15 Feb. 2013
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2014 11:57 AM BST

Bedroom Athletics Women's Aniston Cream Booties 210-641-300-3L Large
Bedroom Athletics Women's Aniston Cream Booties 210-641-300-3L Large
Offered by Seaway Group

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice boots but not the best quality, 15 Feb. 2013
I bought these for my girlfriend who loved them. Unfortunately one of the zippers was broken on arrival and upon looking to see if it could be fixed showed pretty poor quality. They are still nice though and I guess if you're very careful with the zippers they should be fine. Replacements have been fine so far,

9x Heavy Duty Dishmatic Green Refill Sponges from Caraselle
9x Heavy Duty Dishmatic Green Refill Sponges from Caraselle
Offered by Jas Household Suppliers

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these things!, 7 Nov. 2012
I've never been a fan of washing up, but these refills along with the brush make it a whole lot more bearable! I've been using these for a few years now and would never want to go back. They are excellent for cleaning all soft of cutlery, getting around the insides of pans, and especially for cleaning long tall glasses that you wouldn't ordinarily be able to get your down to wash properly. As others have mentioned they're hard to find in supermarkets so I'm really glad that Caraselle continue to stock them on Amazon at a fair price.

6 x Clear Screen Protectors for Sony CyberShot DSC-HX9V - Anti-Scratch LCD Guards / Display Savers
Offered by Membrane Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great screen protector!!!, 12 Jun. 2012
This is an excellent product! For only a few quid you get SIX screen protectors. These are high quality, well made and have very good attention to detail. For example, every single screen protector has it's own protector on the front and back (to keep it absolutely clean for when you apply it to the camera), plus they then each come wrapped in their own individual little bag for even further protection. These are signs that the manufacturer really cares about the product, and it pays off because once applied the screen protector is excellent, no bubbles, no smears etc. It evens comes with a little cloth that you can use to clean the screen on your camera before applying the protector.

The only minor downside is that it's ever so slightly too wide for my HX7V, but it's really not an issue. I'm pretty sure the HX9V and HX7V have the same 3 inch LCD, so the HX9V owners might find this too. It's not a problem at all for me though to be honest given all the other excellent things above.

Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse
Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Good mouse overall, but horrible cable lets it down, 6 April 2012
I've had this mouse for only 5 month and for the most part I think it's pretty good. However, apart from the extra buttons, I wouldn't really say it's any better than the trusty MX510 that I owned for many many years before it.

That said, it's still a nice size, shape, lots of buttons, tracks well, and all that good stuff - no problems there.

The biggest issue I have however is with the braided/meshed cable. Whilst it does look nice aesthetically, in practise it's horrible. It's very inflexible, it develops kinks all over the place and it catches and gets snagged over the back of the desk. It's a gaming mouse, yet several times whilst playing FPS games online, it has caught or kinked and I've had to try and sort it out whilst being shot at.

Worst of all, with mine, all those kinks began to take it's toll on the cable and gradually it developed a crack which has now grown large enough to expose the wires and metal contacts right up by the mouse.

To Logitech's credit, they will be sending a replacement, however, I'm really not too excited about another G500 with this type of cable. I much prefer the standard, flexible, smooth, boring looking cables as per the MX510 and MX518.

It's a shame because it's an otherwise decent mouse.

Semi-hard Case for Canon IXUS 265 HS 155 150 145 132 125,A3500, S120, Panasonic XS1 XS3 SZ3, Sony WX200 WX300 W800, Samsung ST150F,& other Nikon Olympus Fuji Pentax compact digital cameras(Pink).
Offered by BV-electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, 10 Jan. 2012
It's just a camera case, but it's exactly what I was looking for and at a good price! I bought this for my girlfriend to protect her new hot pink Panasonic camera. The colour match works just fine and the case is firm and tough so perfect protection from any accidental drops etc.

Black SD Folio Case Cover Pouch with Clip-On LED Reading Lamp for Amazon Kindle 4
Offered by G-Hub

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Kindle Case!!, 10 Jan. 2012
I was a bit dubious about this product given it's so much cheaper than some of the alternatives. However, I was very pleasantly surprised to find that the case is good quality, fits the latest 6" kindle perfectly, and most importantly protects it just as well. I found this kindle case to be excellent value considering some alternatives are nearly 3 times as expensive!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PC DVD)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PC DVD)
Offered by Musicland Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Great game, but could easily have been better!, 15 Nov. 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I chose to ignore the many bad reviews I've seen on the net regarding MW3, and I'm glad I did.

I've never played a previous COD game online, preferring titles like Unreal Tournament and Battlefield in the past, so I can't comment on whether it's an improvement on other COD games. However, I'm really enjoying it so far! Graphically, it looks the same as MW2 - I think it's pretty much the same old quake engine with a few barely noticeable improvements, but it still looks fine (though obviously way off the new BF3 Frostbite2 sexyness).

The single player campaign has a gripping storyline and a diverse range of missions. The campaign is short, but throw in spec ops and you have lots of re-playability there.

On top of this of course, and most importantly for the majority, you have the multi-player experience. I was worried this would be a big let down, but I love it and can't stop playing! It's fast, it's exciting, and it's just plain fun. I find it's a very different game to BF3. Both serve their purpose for me. With MW3 I love that I can just quickly jump in a game and shoot some stuff in a fast, action packed, almost old skool FPS style of gameplay. If I want to be a bit more strategic or slow the pace down then BF fills that space.

This game would be 5 stars if it were not for two absolutely fundamental school boy errors on Activision's part. These have been covered in significant detail by other reviewers already, but:

* Lack of ability to change Field of View - this is ridiculous bearing in mind most PC gamers sit right next to their monitor and the default 60 degree FOV seems to make some people, including me feel sick/dizzy after a while. They need to sort this out in a patch, because there's absolutely no reason to have left it out in the first place. -1 star.

* Lack of ranked dedicated servers. This means that ranked multiplayer matches (i.e. where you can level up) are hosted by other players, not dedicated servers like every other worthy online PC FPS game. Again, this is a crazy decision. Activision do allow dedicated servers, but they are unranked, so in effect pretty much pointless, except for clan v clan matches. This results in an unpredictable online experience as some player hosts are fine, others are horribly laggy. For the most part I've found it to be ok 90% of the time, but again, it's just a lazy decision that leaves PC gamers playing a full on console port with none of the features available which make PC gaming so great. -1 star.

Compact Digital Multitester With Diode And Hfe Test
Compact Digital Multitester With Diode And Hfe Test
Offered by Renshaw House

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, 23 April 2011
I'm not great when it comes to electronics, but this was exactly what I needed. Simple to use and did the job. I used it to test the voltages in my oven after the heating element burnt out.

Page: 1 | 2