Profile for B. Unwin > Reviews

Content by B. Unwin

B. Unwin "Bev" (Pontefract, W Yorks)

Unmasked
Unmasked

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Voice, 7 Jun 2012
This review is from: Unmasked (Audio CD)
Came across John Owen Jones during the tour of Les Miserables 25 Anniversary, we saw him in Manchester. I hadn't heard a voice this good for a long time, bought the first EP and then the first CD - loved it and now have bought Unmasked - love the song choices, my favourite is Till I Hear You Sing. Looking forward to seeing him in 25th Anniversary Tour of Phantom.

Learn French with Paul Noble
Learn French with Paul Noble
by Paul Noble
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars French with Paul Noble, 26 Sep 2011
I am not very far into the course yet (just finished CD 2 so still a long way to go), I like the way Paul Noble uses subtle ways to help you to remember words / word endings / phrases and the logic he applies to help you to learn (encouraging you to forget and then you later naturally remember the words). I am enjoying learning French, and don't feel under pressure to remember everything all at once as he goes over things again and at relevant points when you are learning something that fits in well with previous learning. Would recommend.

John Owen-Jones
John Owen-Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Voice - Brilliant CD, 20 Feb 2010
This review is from: John Owen-Jones (Audio CD)
We have just seen John Owen-Jones as Jean Valjean in the touring Les Miserables (25th Anniversary production) - saw this CD advertised in the programme and bought it straight away. Brilliant voice and in my view JOJ as good as if not better than Colm Wilkinson as JVJ in Les Mis. The song 'Bring Him Home' is my favourite from the CD although there is a good selection of songs from different musicals which I really enojoyed. Would highly recommend this!!