Profile for Mr. Stephen Halliday > Reviews

Content by Mr. Stephen Ha...

Mr. Stephen Halliday "slug_hungwell" (Bribbaree NSW Australia)

Adventures In Babysitting [DVD]
Adventures In Babysitting [DVD]
Dvd ~ Elisabeth Shue
Price: 5.45

3.0 out of 5 stars I bought this because of Elizabeth Shue but was a little let down, 17 Jan 2013
I bought this because of Elizabeth Shue but was a little let down, probably mainly due to the period when the film was made, a period in which a lot of movie-makers seemed to lose touch with how to make a good movie. Besides that it still provides entertainment

The Client/The Pelican Brief/A Time to Kill Triple Pack [DVD] [2012]
The Client/The Pelican Brief/A Time to Kill Triple Pack [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Susan Sarandon
Price: 9.16

4.0 out of 5 stars All 3 movies are quite compelling in different ways, 17 Jan 2013
A sterling part is played by the young boy in The Client as well as the usual top class performances you would expect from Tommy Lee Jones and Susan Sarandon

My sister-in-law and I have not seen a dud Denzel Washington movie and The Pelican Brief shows off his remarkable talent yet again. Julia Roberts also puts up a great performance as the originator of "the brief" which only causes high government authorities to want her dead.

Matthew McConaughey and Samuel Jackson play the pivotal roles in this tense drama primarily concerning Samuel's vigilante action against his daughters rapists. It also highlights the racial tension in this small southern town.

Breaking Bad: Season 2 [DVD] [2009]
Breaking Bad: Season 2 [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Bryan Cranston
Offered by Sent2u
Price: 8.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete and utter garbage, 3 Mar 2012
This review will be short because you can't write much about an empty vessel, and that's what this is. I don't know where all the rave reviews come from. I bought seasons 1,2 & 3 and watched all the first season, plus half the second season, just to see whether it would develop into something worth watching. I'd rather see re-runs of I Dream of Jeannie than watch this crap. I could watch all the seasons of Dexter or True Blood over and over a dozen times before I'd bother watching any more of this. Even an example TV rating at [...] as having 1/3 the audience of True Blood (on a week where Breaking Bad was climbing), and if Dexter was on at the same time, I'm sure it would have doubled True Blood's ratings! What a waste of money.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2013 5:36 PM BST

Millennium Falcon Manual: 1977 Onwards (Modified YT-1300 Corellian Freighter) (Owners Workshop Manual)
by Ryder Windham
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Falcon beauty, 3 Mar 2012
I bought this book for my daughter who is a Star Wars nut. We're used to using Haynes manuals for cars or bikes, but this took us to a different dimension. I've never seen Ryder Wyndham's work before but I am led to believe he is well respected in the Star Wars community. The photographs and detailed information lead you to believe that he crawled all over a fully functional Millenium Falcon to get the information. Regardless of how he arrived at it, the end result is brilliant with distinctive sections dealing with engines, armament, crew quarters, etc, segregated just as it would be in an auto manual, however the glossy colour photos in this book leave a normal auto manual in this manual's wake since there are only boring black and white photos in a car manual. Love it, love it, love it!

Torchwood - Children of Earth (Series 3) [DVD]
Torchwood - Children of Earth (Series 3) [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Barrowman
Price: 6.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Jack gets us into trouble again, 2 Sep 2009
Although I really, really enjoy the indivual episode format used in Doctor Who and Torchwood (even though some episodes flow into the next), I still found this five in one series just as rivetting as the previous two Torchwood series, which I also loved. I'm Australian and I must applaud the first class film-making demonstrated in all these series. I think the Poms have smashed everyone as far as movie production goes, and that even includes Hollywood. Hats off to a great production team, crew, and above all, the actors who are always thoroughly enjoyable to watch.