Profile for Ms. Gillian Taylor > Reviews

Content by Ms. Gillian Taylor

Ms. Gillian Taylor "music mad" (UK)

Bissell Little Green Multi-Purpose Compact Earth-Friendly Deep Cleaner
Bissell Little Green Multi-Purpose Compact Earth-Friendly Deep Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little helper around the home!, 15 April 2013
I was a bit dubious about how effective this wee gadget would be, but I absolutely love it. I did all my research reading lots of reviews and thought I would try it, now I wouldn't be without it!

After 14 years of perfect behaviour - hotels, B&Bs, friends' and relative's homes, international travel and all! - my female cat decided to start using my living room plant as her litter tray, don' know if it was bad weather or another cat intimidating her. Anyway that was the main reason for buying this cleaner, and it certainly worked! I haven't replaced the carpet in the living room after moving in (just as well!) and it left the carpet sweet smelling and cleaner than it was before the cat's errant behaviour! I bought the pet cleaner for the Bissell too, and together they work a charm. The suction in taking up the suds is excellent and within a lot of hours the carpet is completely dry.

The only thing I have tried that is not in the instructions is that for a stubborn stain or somewhere where you want to scrub well, apply the cleaning solution liberally and leave for a few seconds. Switch off the engine ( which will suck up your suds or solution) scrub well with the attachment and brush with ALL the solution, and then switch on the motor again to take up all the soiled liquid. If you keep the motor running it will take up some of the cleaning solution you need to scrub. But this has been very effective.

I have no hesitation in recommending this to anyone. You can even leave the cleaning solution that you have measured out in the tank until the next job! This makes the gadget great for little jobs, which otherwise you might leave until you have a bigger area to clean. LOVE IT!

Silverline MT40 Fibreglass Surveyors Tape 50m
Silverline MT40 Fibreglass Surveyors Tape 50m

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 15 April 2013
Easy to use, and just right for the job! Recommended to all who need a long tape. Rewinds very easily.

TeckNet Apple Nano 7G Silicone Case W/ Wrist Strap + Screen Protector - Black
TeckNet Apple Nano 7G Silicone Case W/ Wrist Strap + Screen Protector - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Low cost and now I know why!, 7 Jan 2013
Firstly the product didn't arrive, and I had to contact Amazon again - wouldn't think this would have gone lost in the post! An investigation required before sending another! Why not replace it?

Anyway, the second one did arrive, and can't say I am impressed. It is serviceable, but that is all I can say about it. It will do the job, not glamourous at all, and don't like the arm band. It is one of those which is rigid when straight, and then curls around your arm when you bend it out of rigidity. Don't imagine it will stay put when running.

However, it will cost me more to send back!