Profile for Keith > Reviews

Keith

Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Four Piece Measuring Spoon Set
Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Four Piece Measuring Spoon Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, 2 April 2014
Small enough to sit it the drawer (collected together) and not get in the way.

Easy to measure and wipe off excess.

TRIXES Digital Adhesive LCD Timer Gadget ideal for Cooking
TRIXES Digital Adhesive LCD Timer Gadget ideal for Cooking

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fine but battery cover an issue., 2 April 2014
Need to open the screws to change the battery as you cannot get the battery in and out through the access cover.
Had it for 2 1/2 years / 4 batteries using many cheap ones from a €1 shop.

Nikon COOLPIX L25 Compact Digital Camera - Black (10.1MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for its price, 19 Jun. 2012
My wife and I bought it as a quick replacement for an ageing Sony while we worked out what we really wanted.

Have been very surprised at the good quality of some of the macro shots we have taken.
Had seen some reviews about it being slow with the flash. We found that sometimes it just wont respond until it is ready with the flash, but once you realise this you can work around it.

I have to say for the price this camera has really surprised me. My only complaint would be to say I struggle to get it to focus on what I want. I've managed to get some unbelievable photos with an iridescent beetle (1cm long) filling half the picture while swaying on a flower. I "only" took 6 or 7 shots to get it to focus on the right thing.

Low light also makes it difficult to focus, so yet again not good a that either.

Would I buy it again.... For the price I paid definitely, but I really would love the option to set the focal length.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2012 9:41 AM BST

Healing ADD: The Breakthrough Program That Allows You to See and Heal the 6 Types of ADD
by Daniel G. Amen

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 21 April 2011
If you are dealing with ADD or have a loved one with any form of ADD this book will help you work out some of the symptoms you are encountering.

Dr. Amen's clinic in America is far ahead of much of Europe and this book helped us to identify some of the issues which are not generally recognised yet here in mainland Europe. Germany & Austria officially don't recognise this as an adult issue.

Many people seem to know ADHD but that is only 1 of 6 versions identified in this book. Very in-depth studies as to the difference, SPECT scans showing each different type's affect on brain function and good indication of causes and cures.

He looks to dietary, medical and behaviour management to find solutions.

It's not easy reading but comprehensive.

You can do Dr. Amen's questionnaire online (Google search Dr. Amen & ADD test) first if just trying to do some basic research. The book will explain more about the online results (test also in the book).

This book is a Godsend if you are trying to muddle through with a loved one who is not correctly diagnosed and is walking in condemnation from society for not conforming to their vision of life.