Profile for Olivia Stefanino > Reviews

Content by Olivia Stefanino

Olivia Stefanino "Olivia Stefanino Author of Be Your Own Guru" (Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom)

Famous People with ADHD: Are You One Waiting to Happen?
Famous People with ADHD: Are You One Waiting to Happen?
Price: 1.85

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great message of HOPE!, 20 Mar 2014
Could it be that all of us are in fact, somewhere on the ADD/ADDH spectrum? How would the world change for the better if as a society, we saw that the label of “ADD/ADDH” might actually be wrong – and that in fact , there’s a magnificent GIFT that’s waiting to be managed? What if we could look through the history books and find inspirational leaders and famous people from whom we can learn a better way of doing things?

In Dr Kevin Ross Emery’s book, “Famous People with ADHD: Are you one waiting to happen”, you’ll find plenty to bring hope.

The Emissary: A Novel
The Emissary: A Novel
by Patricia Cori
Price: 10.26

5.0 out of 5 stars It May Be Fiction - But This Book Will Change How You See The World!, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Emissary: A Novel (Paperback)
As a stand-alone fiction book, "The Emissary" is one hell of a good story - but read between the lines, and you'll discover so much more!

Patricia Cori's inspirational protagonist, Jamie Hastings, has much to teach us all - and while the book may be set in the often unchartered territories of whales and dolphins, it carries a powerful message that none of us can afford to miss.

As I was drawn into the well written, intriguing and un-put-downable tale, the figure of Erin Brockovich kept coming to mind - and I have no doubt, that in the future "The Emissary" will be turned into one of those films that we’ll look back on as a world game-changer.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic service..., 28 Dec 2013
As promised, the whole package arrived superfast - the next day - and the lead does exactly what it said on the tin! I bought two...and wish I'd bought three, as they're so useful!

The Genius Groove: The New Science of Creativity
The Genius Groove: The New Science of Creativity
by Manjir Samanta-Laughton
Price: 12.77

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a fabulous wake up call!, 28 Feb 2011
To get the life we deserve, we must discover our "genius groove" - and with Dr Samanta-Laughton's book, we learn how to do that! It's a wonderfully enlightening book with a powerful message, and unlike many of its genre, the pioneering conceptual thinking is backed up with plenty of science. The author has an intimate, very readable style - which means that "The Genius Groove" is actually very hard to put down (a fact which nearly made me miss a couple of important deadlines!).

With a background as a GP, and a lifetime interest in new frontier science, Samanta-Laughton could easily be too high brow for many - but instead, she's refreshingly accessible, down to earth and well, somehow just "approachable". And the more spiritually-minded will recognise this as a book with a very "high vibration".

Packed with plenty of gems, "The Genius Groove" made me deeply reflect on the way I see things - and even question some of my own thinking, which is something I really appreciate (even though I've got nearly two decades under my belt as a personal development trainer and emotional healer, there's always more to learn and discover.)

I'd absolutely recommend this book to anyone who's wondering how to get even more out of life, or who's at a cross roads, or who's fed up with merely surviving. With "The Genius Groove", there's an invitation...an invitation to LIVE up to your unique potential.

Successful Speaking Secrets Quick Reference: Your Essential Pocket Guide to Business Presenting and Networking Success
by Chris Davidson
Price: 9.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Size doesn't always matter!, 28 Feb 2011
Size doesn't always matter - as Chris Davidson proves in his handy pocketbook, "Successful Speaking Secrets"!

Its brevity means that you can swallow the wisdom in one go...which makes it great for a train or plane journey...but even more importantly, means that it's not a book that sits for months on the bedside table only half-read. But the really great thing is that this neat little book contains all you really need to know about both speaking in public AND networking.

And that it doesn't come with any frills is part of its charm...it just says it like it is and makes it so simple to understand, you're left with the feeling that you "knew it all along". Packed with pearls of wisdom, handy hints and personal "tips from the expert", "Successful Speaking Secrets" is a great book to either give or receive as a gift!

Walking on Water: A Voyage Around Britain and Through Life
Walking on Water: A Voyage Around Britain and Through Life
by Geoff Holt

5.0 out of 5 stars It's about reaching a "personal Everest" - no excuses!, 26 Oct 2008
This is a powerful book. It's inspirational without setting out to be inspiring. Geoff isn't like most motivational speakers - and he isn't like most motivational writers. But when you read his story, you can't help but be both inspired and motivated!

Throughout his life, Geoff has faced some major challenges and yet his attitude of determination, persistence and "no excuses" has led to some extraordinary achievements.

What I like about Geoff's book is the feeling that you're going through a journey with a real person. Well, a couple of journeys really, as cleverly woven through this very readable book is both his journey round Great Britain in a tiny trimaran (what an amazing feat for someone who has lived most of his adult life as a paraplegic) but also his journey through life. And the great thing is, you don't have to be a keen sailor to appreciate all that this book has to teach. (And when I say "teach", Geoff doesn't set out to teach anybody anything - but you'd have to be pretty obtuse not to learn something profound from each chapter as you race though the narrative.)

Geoff's writing style is easy to read - hurray, no "formulaic" writing here - and it's as though you're having an intimate conversation with him. And it's a conversation that often continues late into the night as it really is a hard book to put down.

The 4-Hour Work Week: Escape the 9-5, Live Anywhere and Join the New Rich
The 4-Hour Work Week: Escape the 9-5, Live Anywhere and Join the New Rich
by Timothy Ferriss

5.0 out of 5 stars Reminded me of what I'm doing it all for!, 19 Aug 2008
Great book! Did I know this stuff before? Yes, some of it...have I been implementing it all...no! Now, that's down to a lack of time rather than inclination - but with Ferriss' book, you get to discover how to claw back that one unrepeatable commodity: time. And using his methodologies of as much automation and outsourcing as possible, it's quite easy to make the money you'll need to be able to put all that extra time to good use!

I like Ferriss' style...and what I really appreciate is that he's given me the kick in the backside that I needed!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I just love it!, 30 July 2008
Wow...what an amazing piece of kit! My criteria was that I wanted something small enough to fit easily into my handbag, unobstrusive enough not to make people nervous and fun enough to make me want to play with it! Five stars in all three categories! And because of the integral USB port, it makes loading videos up my computer really easy. I'm a great lover of simplicity and this wicked little gizmo completely fits the bill.