Profile for Wes > Reviews

Content by Wes

Wes

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Yamaha RX-V677 7.2 Channel Wi-Fi High Performance Network A/V Receiver (Titanium)
Offered by Sevenoaks Sound & Vision On-Line

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied, 23 Jan. 2015
Believe it or not (I would not have) the smaller models do not sound as good as these higher end more expensive ones. My last Yamaha RX-V475 had all the bells and whistles yet was missing warmth this amp has. Do not invest in under-powered amps. My original amp was the Yamaha DSP-AX761 which sadly died and this has become my benchmark of sound quality, and this comes very very close and brings all the very latest in connectivity too!

AmazonBasics Laptop Sleeve for 11.6-Inch Laptop / Chromebook / MacBook Air
AmazonBasics Laptop Sleeve for 11.6-Inch Laptop / Chromebook / MacBook Air

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic quality, after all these years of all sorts ..., 23 Jan. 2015
Fantastic quality, after all these years of all sorts of cases and the AmazonBasics range is the best. Goes for other AmazonBasic products I have used in the past. Top notch amazon!

Eddingtons Alligator  Chopper
Eddingtons Alligator Chopper

5.0 out of 5 stars I use it everyday now, fantatic product!, 15 Jan. 2015
Once you know how to use it and how to pre-cut vedge into the right size first, this then is amazing.
I found i can make better tasting food and be more creative. I am no good at chooping things small,
this does it all for me. I use it everyday now, fantatic product!

Nest Learning Thermostat
Nest Learning Thermostat

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, one step closer to a smart home, 13 Jan. 2015
Fantastic, one step closer to a smart home. I feel this keeps the house at a better and more comformtable temprature because of the predictive technologies (i am using a schedule) about when and when to turn off your boiler.

Super quality, very easy to install. Nice haptic design.

Check out IFTTT.com if you want to intergrate your devices.

Fisual Easy Fix Banana Plugs 24K Gold Plated - 10 Pack
Fisual Easy Fix Banana Plugs 24K Gold Plated - 10 Pack
Offered by AudioVisual Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Life just got easier :), 13 Jan. 2015
Fantastic, for years I batted with binding posts, then I watched this video and saw you could pull out the plug caps to use 4mm banana plugs.

These are really good Banana plugs with double scews for a secure fit. I fitted all 10 in about 5 minutes. Nice solid connection, and the gold looks real too :)

Acer Predator XB280HKbprz 28-Inch 4K2K LED G-Sync Gaming Monitor (1 ms, Displayport, 380x2160, 100M:1, Height Adjust, Pivot)

3.0 out of 5 stars I do feel that I do not like 4K on a desktop, 27 Nov. 2014
While 4K in 28" form has to be seen to realize just how sharp it is, I do feel
that I do not like 4K on a desktop, everything is super tiny, scaling aside which
is not flawless.

Gaming was pin sharp, but however, if you play FPS's and think GSync is going to
be awesome, IMHO it is wasted on 60Hz, once you have gamed at 120Hz you cannot
go back. One day when 4K is more all over the place and even easier to drive at high
frame rates beyond 60Hz and Windows 10 cure all scaling problems? Then i think
4K will be a winner.... not right now, i cannot have my desktop looking like a retina
display, it is far to alien for me.

That said, thumbs up to Acer for a quality product, not a fan of piano black, but they
put in a good effort. 3 Stars for my own liking, 5/5 for effort.

Asus ROG Swift PG278Q 27 inch Widescreen LED Monitor (2560x1440, USB 3.0, NVIDIA 3D, 144Hz, 1ms)
Offered by elevenfirst

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 27 Nov. 2014
I have had two of these previously.

One developed a fault with blurry text after being perfect for about 1 month (E8 Batch),
the second one had vertical lines that where TOO apparent (E9 Batch).

This latest one is EB i stuck with Amazon this time as I knew the batches would be the latest, and, whilst there
is a faint ruminant of the vertical line issue, it is significantly less so much so that I think it was like my first one was (where I never noticed it).

Issues aside, there is no monitor that has these features that produce such fine FPS gaming free
of blur, lag and jittery 60Hz.

I love this monitor, and if it goes wrong again, I would have another.

Kensington AbsolutePower Charge and Sync Stand with Lightning Connector for iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C and iPhone 5
Offered by Desire IT

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Nov. 2014
This is a great product and looks super with an Iphone 6 plugged into it :D

Redragon® Centrophorus 2000 DPI Gaming Mouse, 6 Buttons, 8 built-in weights, 3 Speed Gear
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars The quality of this mouse is like a premium brand mouse at 60 quid, 25 Nov. 2014
The quality of this mouse is like a premium brand mouse at 60 quid, I cannot believe I paid 11.99 for it!

D-Link DAP-1320 Wireless N300 Range Extender
D-Link DAP-1320 Wireless N300 Range Extender
Offered by SENDERCITY

3.0 out of 5 stars Range extenders are just a band aid IMHO. Rather ..., 18 Sept. 2014
Range extenders are just a band aid IMHO. Rather just get a another wired access point in that part of the house on another channel.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10