Profile for Daniel Defoe > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Schubert: Impromptus D899 & D935
Schubert: Impromptus D899 & D935

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful performance, 19 Sept. 2015
A wonderful performance which I can recommend unreservedly.

The Shed That Fed a Million Children
The Shed That Fed a Million Children
by Magnus MacFarlane-Barrow

5.0 out of 5 stars A total inspiration., 29 Jun. 2015
One of the most inspiring books I have ever read. A global good news story which should receive far more attention from the world's media.

Nothing is True and Everything is Possible: Adventures in Modern Russia
Nothing is True and Everything is Possible: Adventures in Modern Russia

5.0 out of 5 stars A really important book, 15 Mar. 2015
The author writes with genuine inside knowledge, and his revelations are an eye-opener. Although it addresses a serious subject, the book is entertaining to read, and full of fascinating vignettes. But it makes one fear for the future of Russia, regardless of who is in charge. It will take a leader of enormous charisma, courage, integrity, cunning and powers of leadership to enable Russia one day to exert moral leadership and serve as an example to the rest of the world.

Pure Move 400D Palm Sized Rechargeable Digital DAB/FM Radio - Silver
Pure Move 400D Palm Sized Rechargeable Digital DAB/FM Radio - Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent travel radio, 20 Oct. 2014
Our previous FM travel radio was difficult to keep on station because of weak signal where we live, so our new Palm has solved the problem.

It would be perfect if one didn't have to pull the stand out to make it stand up.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Good watch for its price., 20 Oct. 2014
Keeps excellent time and does everything I want. My only worry is that the winder came right out once when I was trying to adjust the date. I thought I had damaged the watch beyond repair, but eventually I managed to replace the winder, and it seems to work alright now. Its timing mechanism has to assume that all months are 31 days long, so after any shorter month, it as to be manually adjusted.

One other criticism - I personally cannot pull out the winder with my rather fat fingers; I have to use narrow point pliers for this each time.

A Cruel Harvest
A Cruel Harvest

4.0 out of 5 stars A hard book to put down, 30 Aug. 2014
This review is from: A Cruel Harvest (Kindle Edition)
A difficult book to put down. Jam packed with action and suspense, and not the sort of book that can send you to sleep, however tired. After a while the author's technique becomes repetitive. A desperate situation arises, crisis is solved and all seems well, but then the unexpected happens. Fortunately the new problem is solved by a bullet luckily hitting its target, a friend turning up in the nick of time etc, followed by more relief - until.... and so on.

But I enjoyed it all the same.

Colgate Toothpaste Regular
Colgate Toothpaste Regular
Offered by Sabastian Misc

1.0 out of 5 stars A bad taste, 4 July 2014
Doesn't taste right.

The pack contained 2 tubes with the Guildford address on them, while all the other tubes seem to have been made in Taiwan.

The Guildford ones taste OK, but the Taiwanese ones taste awful - and leave a nasty aftertaste in the mouth.

I certainly can't use them.

An Officer and a Spy
An Officer and a Spy

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of interest and suspense, 21 Oct. 2013
Robert Harris has written a gripping account of the Dreyfus Affair, revealing the corruption at the top of the French army in those days, and the tremendous battle by George Pickard to reveal Dreyfus' innocence and the degree of army anti-Semitism and obstruction. An army that was quite prepared to let an innocent man die in dreadful circumstances, rather than admit to the phoniness of his trial, their part in this, and Dreyfus' obvious innocence. A thrilling page turner.

WHITE ROTARY GRATER WITH STAINLESS STEEL DRUM
WHITE ROTARY GRATER WITH STAINLESS STEEL DRUM
Offered by Pakeeza

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 18 Oct. 2013
It grates cheese too fine, and also leaves a big residue of cheese ungrated. It looks very similar to our previous one, which is why we bought it, but this new one performs a lot less well.

CTEK XS 0.8 12V 1.2A - 32A 6-Stage Battery Charger
CTEK XS 0.8 12V 1.2A - 32A 6-Stage Battery Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent product, 25 Sept. 2013
I bought this because my ageing sports car is seldom used, and I often found that the battery was flat as a result. The CTech is very neat, and it has performed exactly as promised. I now leave it charging the battery whenever I am not using the car, and don't fear a flat battery again.

Page: 1 | 2