Profile for Andy Strutt > Reviews

Content by Andy Strutt

Andy Strutt (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Lenovo Flex 15D 15.6-inch Touch Convertible Laptop - Black (AMD A6 5200 2.0GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Intel Integrated Graphics, Bluetooth, Camera, NO DVDRW, Windows 8.1 Home Premium)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Computer, complete revolution in mobile computing., 3 Mar. 2014
This computer opens a whole range of new uses for mobile applications. The touch screen is very responsive and there is more than enough performance to do anything.
Excellent

Goodreads
Goodreads

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodreads App is excellent for mobile use, 3 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Goodreads (App)
Obviously you cannot beat the actual website on a proper computer but the new app for use on phones and mobile PC's is excellent giving access to almost all the facilities present on the website it self.
Superb.

Long Time Coming
Long Time Coming

5.0 out of 5 stars long time coming, 5 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Long Time Coming (Kindle Edition)
it was a fantastic book, looking forward to reading more of your books. fantastic read couldn't put it down. Sue Strutt.

The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus)
The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus)
by Rick Riordan

5.0 out of 5 stars The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan, 12 Jan. 2014
The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan
A review by Andy Strutt - Author of The Afflicted

The second book in the Heroes of Olympus series and it is every bit as good as the first. It takes place almost immediately after `The Lost Hero' and answers the question of where Percy Jackson disappeared.
Follow his adventures as he begins a new more dangerous quest against enemies even more deadly than the titans were. He can no longer rely on his old friends and has to learn to trust new ones as he does the bidding of Hera.
The storyline like all of Rick Riordan's books is superb and action filled, twisting and turning all the way through the book. The characters are mostly new but to say anymore as with the first book would spoil it for anyone wishing to read it.
Overall, this book his highly recommended and I am looking forward to reading the next one, always a good sign in any series.

by Andy Strutt

5.0 out of 5 stars Authors Comments, 2 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Afflicted (Paperback)
Hi Everyone,

As you can see I am the author so any thing I say obviously has to be taken with a pinch of salt, I am after all biased. However, to everyone who reads 'The Afflicted' I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it.
I relied heavily on my background in science and engineering to create what I hope is an entertaining read but also carries the message that humankind, although it is great that we strive to push back the frontiers of science, we must also be very careful to respect them.

Good reading
Andy Strutt (Author of the Afflicted)

Cydonia: Rise of the Fallen
Cydonia: Rise of the Fallen
by Seyi David

5.0 out of 5 stars Ceydonia: Rise of the Fallen - Agripping paranormal thriller, 29 Dec. 2013
Cydonia : Rise of the Fallen a Novel by Seyi Sandra David
Review by Andy Strutt - Author of "The Afflicted"

I have always been a fan of the supernatural and paranormal but unfortunately, Seyi's was not a name with which I was familiar. However, after being introduced to her through Arrow Gate Publishing Ltd I found the write up on her work to be most interesting. I therefore put her new book on my Christmas list and was I glad that I had done so.
Her novel is superb. It is written so well with multiple plot twists and such vibrant characters that I found myself totally unable to put it down until I had finished it, much to the chagrin of my wife and children over the holidays. I started reading it on Christmas day and through many hours of gripping reading, I had completed it by the evening of the 27th.
The protagonist Aaron Cohen (you really would not want to be him) is beautifully constructed and you find yourself on a roller coaster of a ride as you follow his exploits against the demon Tyrus. You cannot help but feel for his humanity as he faces challenge after challenge to save the day.
If thrillers or the paranormal are your thing then you are doing yourself a major disservice by not ordering this book immediately!
So as a parting gesture, my thoughts are as follows:
Negative: I wish I had read Seyi's "Feet of Darkness" first!
Positive: I now have added a superb new author to my reading list and cannot wait to get stuck into her other novels.

by Andy Strutt author of "The Afflicted"
Cydonia: Rise of the fallen

Roget's Thesaurus of English Words and Phrases - Super 2011 Edition (With Active Table of Contents)

5.0 out of 5 stars Roget's the best, 18 Feb. 2013
There is not much you can say about this book. Roget's Thesauri have always been the best, turning it an electronic version capable of interactive search is just a pure bonus. One major advantage is the paper versions are very big, very heavy and very expensive.
A definite must for any writer!

There, Their, They're: A No-Tears Guide to Grammar from the Word Nerd
There, Their, They're: A No-Tears Guide to Grammar from the Word Nerd

5.0 out of 5 stars Grammar in your porcket., 18 Feb. 2013
There are hundreds of books on Grammar and as you can expect it is not one of most peoples favourite subjects to read about, quite often sending the reader to sleep. This book however is very well written and covers all the major problems we humans face when stringing a sentence together. In electronic form and at the price it is for sale, it is a welcome addition to my Kindle when I am out and about and do not want to be carrying a rucksack full of books with me.
Well worth the money, would recommen​d to anyone like me with the less than perfect memory who sometimes needs to brush up on the odd conjugated verb or two.

Pocket Class on Proofreading
Pocket Class on Proofreading

4.0 out of 5 stars Pocket Class on Proofreading does what it says on the tin., 18 Feb. 2013
As with most professionals I find it very difficult to carry around every possible reference book that I may possibly need so the invent of the electronic reader was a massive bonus. This book is well written and easy to follow having many useful tips and instructions into the art of proofreading and grammar.
The biggest bonus with this book is the price, it is exceptionally cheap and therefore worth buying to make sure you have it with you.

eBay
eBay

4.0 out of 5 stars Ebay for Tablet easier to use than main full web page, 18 Feb. 2013
This review is from: eBay (App)
This application for the Kindle Fire is actually easier to use than the main website and works very well with the touch screen. The items are all very clear to see, the details are the same to review as the full version. I have not tried to sell anything yet but I have several friends who do with no complaints. Basically,a very easy way to use Ebay without having to cart a full sized laptop around with you.​

Page: 1 | 2