Profile for TrevorB > Reviews

Content by TrevorB

TrevorB

Braun 30B Replacement Foil and Cutter Cassette Multi Black BLS Combi Pack
Braun 30B Replacement Foil and Cutter Cassette Multi Black BLS Combi Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars The parts fitted my razor perfectly and were easy to fit, 8 Aug 2014
The parts fitted my razor perfectly and were easy to fit. The difference is very striking - the cutter had deteriorated significantly without my noticing and it feels like new now.

Casio F-91W-1YER Men's Resin Digital Watch
Casio F-91W-1YER Men's Resin Digital Watch
Offered by watches and more

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little sports watch, 7 Jan 2013
I bought this watch as s replacement for my old runner's watch (whose moulded strap broke and can't be replaced) and I am very impressed. It is basic but it does everything I need - most of the functions on my old watch were never used anyway. It is small and compact which means I can wear it when out running or in the gym and it doesn't get in the way of clothing and is comfortable to wear. Since I have quite a small wrist it fits perfectly - some sports watches are just too clunky. I have to agree with one reviewer's comment, that the light is pretty useless, but that is a minor issue for me. So far I am very happy with it and I think it is great value for the price.

The Landmark Thucydides: A Comprehensive Guide to the Peloponnesian War
The Landmark Thucydides: A Comprehensive Guide to the Peloponnesian War

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle version does not work well, 12 July 2011
I purchased the Kindle version of this book but unfortunately it does not work well on Kindle. There are a number of errors in the text, presumably resulting from the transfer process. More seriously, much of the added-value referred to in the introduction - such as detailed annotations and cross-references - does not work on the Kindle. For example, the text is full of references to notes, but the notes are all bundled together at the end of each chapter without numbers and no way of relating them to the text. I am a big fan of Kindle but I am very disappointed with this purchase. I bought this book because I find the small print of many books easier to read on Kindle, but I shall stick to fiction in future.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2014 6:53 PM BST

Oxford Grammar of Classical Greek
Oxford Grammar of Classical Greek
by James Morwood

2.0 out of 5 stars A handy grammar but beware..., 4 Nov 2010
This is a very handy and concise reference grammar. However, be aware that because it is the US edition, the order of the declensions for nouns, adjectives etc is the US order of Nominative, Genitive, Dative, Accusative. This is different from the order normally used in UK grammar books - Nominative, Accusative, Genitive, Dative. This can be confusing, especially for beginners.