Profile for Miss R. Gilbert > Reviews

Content by Miss R. Gilbert

Miss R. Gilbert "I'm a care assistant and can't find time to sit and read. So, I thought I would listen to an epic tale, while working." (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Hot Water Bottle Tea & Sympathy
Hot Water Bottle Tea & Sympathy

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome but wow it's gone up in price!!, 24 Nov 2014
This review is from: Hot Water Bottle Tea & Sympathy
I'm sure I only paid about £10 for this when I first bought it but now I've lost it, I thought I'd replace it. But not for £20+!

But if it goes back down to a reasonable price then I will get another. They are nice, well made and doesn't leak.

Little Norse Prince [DVD] [1968]
Little Norse Prince [DVD] [1968]
Dvd ~ Isao Takahata

4.0 out of 5 stars Actually quite enjoyed this, 11 Nov 2012
Since this was done in the 60's you can't imagine it to be amazing animation for nowadays but the story is still good. I watched this at 4am when I was tired but I couldn't bring myself to turn it off and go to sleep.
It is subtitled and not dubbed.
For that simple reason it lost a star. I have no problem with subs but at 3am I would rather listen than read.

eSecure - Large 504 x CD DVD Disc Storage Wallet Holder Carry Case with Carry Handle - Massive 504 Disc Capacity!
Offered by eSecure

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 23 Oct 2012
For those of you who own 20 dvds this is great. For those of you, like myself, who have WAY over 2000 dvds (I love tv, anime and films) this is absolute cack. I filled half of the cases and the problems began. On one case the handle broke, on the other the material ripped. The plastic cases inside have ripped too.
I bought a more expensive one that holds half the amount that this one does but the quality is a million times better than this one. This one feels like it's going to explode at any minute and it's not even.
I will not be buying more of these. I'll be going for the one that's about £20 that holds 200.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2014 4:32 PM BST

Eden Of The East [DVD]
Eden Of The East [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ryohei Kimura

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 23 Oct 2012
This review is from: Eden Of The East [DVD] (DVD)
I've just watched this series and, as it says in the title, I loved it. IMDB rate it at about 7.8 which is way off. I would rate it almost a 10. But that's only because I'm weird and I like a little blood and guts in my anime.
I recommend it to others all the time. I have to watch the films next though. Can't wait!

Zumba 2 Fitness Wii - Bundle Pack with Belt accessory
Zumba 2 Fitness Wii - Bundle Pack with Belt accessory

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun and great for shedding those unwanted lbs, 14 Oct 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I love Zumba 2 more than the Zumba dvds. It's much more fun.

I won't blab on about it because others will have written all about it 20 times before me.
But I do have to mention, put the wiimote in the belt with the buttons pointing out and the sensor aimed at the ceiling. It won't pick up your moves if you don't.

Also We No Speak Americano is my most hated song to dance to. I love the song but the game messes around and doesn't pick up my moves. I do it EXACTLY as they do it on screen but it always says I'm getting it wrong. How can I be getting one song completely wrong but I get all the other songs perfect 5*s?

So just a little heads up there so you don't feel disheartened by that one song.

Chobits - The Chobits Collection [DVD]
Chobits - The Chobits Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Morio Asaka
Offered by mvm_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Chi! Hideki!, 2 Oct 2012
I really enjoyed this anime but it's not the best I've seen. For those who like romance animes with a bit of sci-fi thrown in then this is perfect. I know she is a computer but the love going on seemed to push the sci-fi part out of the picture a little (In my opinion.)
I tend to like some darkness (Like Higurashi, Rosario + Vampire & Black Butler). I was hoping that this would go a little darker in the end but no such luck. It made me think it was going in quite an interesting direction so I was a little mislead but it's a nice anime. It's sweet and can be funny in places.
But dont expect it to go in a different direction than romantic.

Zumba Exhilarate Body Shaping Kit
Zumba Exhilarate Body Shaping Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars ZUMMMMBAAAAA!!, 14 Sep 2012
I love Zumba, It's exercise made fun. But I do think the toning sticks were made for those who have difficulty lifting a tin of beans above their head. I have a pair of 3kg dumbells that I do it with. My arms get a better work out then.
But I would recommend Zumba. The time flies by and you sweat buckets.

20 Pairs of Howard Leight Laser Lite Ear Plugs
20 Pairs of Howard Leight Laser Lite Ear Plugs
Offered by Rubber Soul Healthcare

5.0 out of 5 stars Made sleeping possible again, 24 Aug 2012
First off I have to thank you for these. My boyfriend is an incredibly loud snorer and when he isn't snoring he grinds his teeth. If had me up all night. Now I can actually sleep thanks to these little beauties. I pop them in and the noise is still there a little bit but very quiet but it's quiet enough for me to fall to sleep.
I only worry that if I had to get up early the next morning I wouldn't be able to hear my alarm.

66fit Vinyl Coated Dumbbells Set of 2
66fit Vinyl Coated Dumbbells Set of 2
Price: £6.99 - £22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 5kg Dumbell, 7 Aug 2012
These are ideal for me. I'm a 21 year old woman and my hands can easily grip the handles. I'm getting a great workout with these.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2012 9:03 PM BST

Higurashi When They Cry: v. 2: Abducted by Demons Arc: v. 2
Higurashi When They Cry: v. 2: Abducted by Demons Arc: v. 2
by Ryukishi07

5.0 out of 5 stars Was left speechless, 1 Jun 2012
This is the first arc of Higurashi. Second book of the first arc.

After reading it I was sat there and if I was in the manga my speech bubble would be '...' with a surprised and confused face.
One thing I've learned from reading Higurashi is that the first book of the arc is sweet and it gets you to love the characters, then you get on the second book and the whole story turns into this dark, twisted horror story.
Then you get onto the next arc and it starts a fresh. I'm currently reading the second book of the second arc.

From what I gather is that it starts a fresh and it tells the story differently.
I'm really enjoying Higurashi to be honest. It's one hell of a story!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4