Profile for Becca > Reviews

Content by Becca

Becca "I'm a care assistant and can't find time to sit and read. So, I thought I would listen to an epic tale, while working." (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14

2.0 out of 5 stars ADHD strikes again, 18 July 2016
This review is from: Follow You Home (Kindle Edition)
I'm going to be honest, I didn't finish it. My ADHD played up and I got bored.
It was alright but the filler between the good stuff was too long and I found my mind wandering.

MAM I Love Mummy and Daddy Soother Clip (Pack of 2, Blue)
MAM I Love Mummy and Daddy Soother Clip (Pack of 2, Blue)

4.0 out of 5 stars Dummy clips, 18 July 2016
Works perfectly with MAM dummies/soothers.
I don't think it's as secure as the Tommee Tippee dummy clip though. Little one easily pulls this one off his top.

The Lion King [DVD]
The Lion King [DVD]
Dvd ~ Roger Allers

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 18 July 2016
This review is from: The Lion King [DVD] (DVD)
I won't bother telling you about the film. You've already seen it. If you've been living under a rock you'll of seen it on your rock tv.

It's a fantastic film. A Disney classic. Brilliant voice acting and soundtrack. I can't fault it.

Wreck-It Ralph [DVD]
Wreck-It Ralph [DVD]
Dvd ~ John C. Reilly

5.0 out of 5 stars Gamer nostalgia but fun for all, 18 July 2016
This review is from: Wreck-It Ralph [DVD] (DVD)
If you're one of those who remember all of the games from back in the day, this film will be right up your street. If you don't then you'll still love it.
Thankfully I remember them all so it adds to my love for this film.

It shows you another side of video games. Their story when the game isn't being played. It's a brilliant film with plenty of humour. So basically, it's a Disney film. Disney never disappoint.

Ozbozz My First Scooter
Ozbozz My First Scooter

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 y/o loves it, 18 July 2016
This review is from: Ozbozz My First Scooter (Toy)
Our 2 y/o loves this scooter. His dad found it a struggle to put together but he's not great with diy anyway.
You can move from 4 wheels to 3 then 2 as they get older. Very clever idea.

2 x Orange Glow 13amp Plug-In Night Lights, Glowplug
2 x Orange Glow 13amp Plug-In Night Lights, Glowplug
Offered by Best Price Square

4.0 out of 5 stars Maybe a bit too dim. Could do with being a little bit brighter., 18 July 2016
It's probably too dim in my opinion. Just a bit. The little one is scared of the hall way at night so we put one of these in the hall so he could see down it. It doesnt help much though. It's very dim. It doesn't affect his sleep which is good but it would of been better if it was just a little brighter.

PSN CARD 5 GBP WALLET TOP UP [PSN Code - UK account]
PSN CARD 5 GBP WALLET TOP UP [PSN Code - UK account]

5.0 out of 5 stars Love getting these online, 18 July 2016
So handy doing this online. Brilliant idea.

Lilo & Stitch [DVD] [2002]
Lilo & Stitch [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Daveigh Chase

5.0 out of 5 stars O'hana means family, family means no one gets left behind or forgotten., 18 July 2016
This review is from: Lilo & Stitch [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
With a soundtrack full of Elvis, you're on to a winner.
This film though, filled with Elvis or not, is heartwarming, funny and adorable.
I adore this film.
Disney does it again!

Along Came a Spider (Alex Cross 01)
Along Came a Spider (Alex Cross 01)
by James Patterson

5.0 out of 5 stars Alex Cross series Book One, 18 July 2016
This book has spoiled me. I have ADHD and often find I get bored and stop reading when a book starts to focus for too long on filler. (By filler I mean the parts between the big exciting moments). Some books can have huge chapters of filler. Describing things like what the character had for tea. Some books take too long to get into the interesting part at the start too. That's when I read a few pages of the book then it turns to dust on the shelf.

This book doesn't do any of that. Patterson gets the exciting things going straight away. He keeps the filler short and keeps the exciting parts coming. The exciting parts are far from few and far between. There's so much going on and so well paced. I found myself itching to read more. I fell so deeply in love with Patterson's style of writing and his character Alex Cross that I have bought the entire series (twenty something books).

Alex Cross is a brilliant character. He has a best friend/partner who keeps things from getting too serious but he doesn't show up a lot so it doesn't take you out of the tension.

The film completely butchered this brilliant book. I saw the film after reading it. I'm so glad I did.
I didn't want to go too much into the book on this review as I figured other reviewers will cover what the book is about.

TL:DR brilliant book a million times better than the film.

(TL:DR means 'too long didn't read' for those curious)

The Revenant
The Revenant
by Michael Punke

3.0 out of 5 stars Where's the end?, 27 Jun. 2016
This review is from: The Revenant (Paperback)
I haven't seen the film yet, thought I would read this first. I thoroughly enjoyed the book until about page 245 (chapter 27).
It started feeling rushed and after an abrupt ending I questioned if I was missing pages.
I has to check on Google to make sure I wasn't missing something.

I was expecting revenge. Glass was itching to pull JF's organs out through his throat and I was waiting for him to get that sweet revenge. Instead I felt irritated.
Brilliant until then. Probably best to just stop reading there and imagine the ending instead.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14