Profile for Rap fan > Reviews

Joe Budden
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 4.36

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but..., 8 July 2003
This review is from: Joe Budden (Audio CD)
This is a good CD but dont expect a hip hop classic like 50 Cents debut album. This album has an interesting mixture of hip hop, RnB and a touch of dancehall, which I guess is quite refreshing. Some stand out track for me are 'Pump it up', 'Walk with me', 'Fire'(simply amazing),'ma ma ma' and 'stand up nucca'(best beat on the album). Although Joe B's lyrics are very deep and most importantly real he doesnt have,in my opinion, lyrical flow as good as some others in the rap game at the moment..and he seems to have an obsession with the words "jump off" which he keeps saying in every song, this becomes very annoying. I would give this CD 3 stars but the stand out tracks I listed alone boosts it up to 4 stars.

In Search Of...
In Search Of...
Price: 8.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Too good for words..., 9 April 2003
This review is from: In Search Of... (Audio CD)
Iam listening to this CD as I write this review, to be honest I have been listening to it non stop since I bought it! Anyway..Iam a big music lover and I listen to all types from rap to rock to dance to soul so this isnt a bias review but I can quite honestly say that this may be THE GREATEST ALBUM EVER PRODUCED! My God Pharrell Williams is a GENIUS! Seriously you just HAVE TO buy this CD!

Nellyville
Nellyville
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Very classy..., 31 July 2002
This review is from: Nellyville (Audio CD)
This album is very very good. Iam a big Hip-hop/Rap fan and this is one of the best albums Ive got along side 2Pac's Greatest Hits and 'Pain Is Love' by Ja Rule. There are some real hip beats going on and unlike the over-rated Eminem Nelly has rhythem and real flow to his rapping. There are ALOT of stand out tracks on the album which all could be big hits but my favourite is 'Dilemma'. This song is sooo smooth and classy with some stunning vocals by Kelly Rowland. Buy this album, kick back and be pround to play loud on ya CD player coz it really is the bomb.

Reanimation
Reanimation
Price: 5.62

5.0 out of 5 stars This CD will blow you away..., 31 July 2002
This review is from: Reanimation (Audio CD)
...What makes 'Reanimation' special is that not only the music has been totally reworked but most vocals have been reworked or resung so although you can hear the elements of the origianls songs, the remixes sound totally fresh..this is much better than changing the music and placing the old vocals over the top. It is worth pointing out that this album contains ALOT of hip-hop elements, rapping and scratching etc. which might not be to everyones taste, epecially people who have only bought the album because the like they heavy guitars on the new single 'PTS.OF.THRTY'. However if you,like me, are into Linkin Park AND hip-hop then you MUST buy this CD because it is quite simply amazing!! Also, try and get your hands on the limited edition fold-out cardboard cover because there is some fantasic graphic design on there.