Profile for Beamsley > Reviews

Beamsley

Hamano U-30RD Colorful Soprano Ukulele - Red
Hamano U-30RD Colorful Soprano Ukulele - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 12 May 2015
Very happy with the size, sound, quality etc

Fosmon Retractable Car Charger For Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge / S6 / S6 Edge / S5 / S4 / A3 / A5 / A7 / J5 / Galaxy Mega 5.9, Grand Prime
Offered by theWireless USA

2.0 out of 5 stars Great. For the first few weeks, 12 May 2015
At first, this was very good but lately it fails to charge. A one-off dud or how many of car chargers fail to work?

SPIGEN Google Nexus 5 Screen Protector Clear [Crystal] [3-PACK] **Base PET Film made in Japan** Premium Front Screen Protector for Nexus 5
Offered by Keep in Case

1.0 out of 5 stars Not overly impressed, 19 Nov. 2013
They arrived this morning and I managed to fit the first protector to the screen with no problem after cleaning the screen with an alcohol wipe; ensuring it was dry and dust free. The protector started to peel away after half an hour. So, I tried a second protector and, a few hours on, this one is also starting to peel away at a corner. Poor value for money.

Chicco Band Baby Walker - Yellow
Chicco Band Baby Walker - Yellow
Offered by ASKent

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing customer service, 28 Oct. 2013
Nice enough products but a minefield to try and find where to change the batteries. Ask Chicco UK and they email a manual that offers no help as it doesn't locate the battery pack or instructions on what to do. Emailed Chicco's head office and no response. easy access through a few simple screws would be standard but not with Chicco. Disappointing.

Emergency Sex (And Other Desperate Measures): True Stories from a War Zone
Emergency Sex (And Other Desperate Measures): True Stories from a War Zone
by Andrew Thomson

5.0 out of 5 stars Real life rather than corporate, 20 Sept. 2010
How trouble-free it is to toe the corporate line and construct a bland story of life at work. Much more interesting to be given an outlook on three very real lives who have experienced a time with the UN that is so far removed from my own.

They aren't offering an all-out critique of the workings of the UN, of the rights and wrongs of mankind but it's about them and their life stories. And I found it extremely interesting. All three authors, Heidi, Ken and Andrew offer great insights. Well worth the read.

Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave - with Mouse
Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave - with Mouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Good keyboard and mouse but, 21 July 2010
I have had mine for 6 weeks now (20.07.2010)and use it for around 3 hours a day. Initially, I thought the batteries had already run out on both the keyboard and mouse. If I was using this for work, I'd be pretty cheesed off as I'm using the Duracell batteries that came with the equipment. However, 4 months on and I realise I have a keyboard and mouse that occasionally lose connection to the transmitter.

A minor pain that is easily resolved by resetting the transmitter, keyboard and mouse.

Now (review updated 04.10.2010), however, the mouse has stopped navigating whilst all the other functions are still performing successfully. I contacted the retailer who offered a refund as they no longer sell the product. I opted to contact Logitech and ask them for a refund - which they have happily done at no cost to me. Furthermore, they posted the new mouse and it is due to be with me on the 7th October. Great service by Logitech.

Product is a 3.5/5 but customer service is 5/5

1.0 out of 5 stars Simple and quality, 10 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Water Powered Alarm Clock
Water Powered Alarm Clock

Simple - add some water to the battery and to the clock itself and you're away. Rotate the clock and it changes from clock to timer to temperature to alarm clock. Sturdy build and attractive enough.

==================================

UPDATE: Now a 1 Star item >>

Within three months it started saying it is 82c and the clock is hours out. I can no longer change the time and when I rotate it to go from time to temperature to countdown clock to alarm it generally doesn't change. The display is also now difficult to view.

Very temperamental which is a shame as it looks really funky and the idea of a water powered clock is quality.

Amazon doesn't allow me to change to change the star rating so still shows as a 5 - should be a 1 star!!

Philips HQ7290 Williams Mains Rechargeable Shaver
Philips HQ7290 Williams Mains Rechargeable Shaver

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice shaver but the trimmer is poor, 16 Mar. 2008
This shaver is excellent - a good, clean cut as promised.
I have to say, the more I use this shaver the more impressed I am. When I was a teenager and started shaving I used an electric and it played havoc with my skin. Using this one it's like a baby's bottom. And as smooth as one too!!

The trimmer is worthless as it does nothing. Perhaps it is just my one that's like this.