Profile for I. Perez > Reviews

Content by I. Perez

I. Perez (UK)

Splash About Kids Reusable Swim Happy Nappy - Navy/White Stripe Rib, XX-Large, Toddler

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, 22 Oct. 2011
My 2 year old son look great (and even a bit retro) in this swiming nappy. It didn't really look like a nappy, but like a real swiming suit.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2013 10:23 PM BST

The Healthiest Kid in the Neighborhood: Ten Ways to Get Your Family on the Right Nutritional Track (Sears Parenting Library)
by William Sears

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, 22 Oct. 2011
This book is a must for any parent. It offers factual information and figures on the nutritional value of many foods, as well as vitamins and minerals requirements for children. I consider myself a great cook quite knowledgeable in the topic of nutrition, and I still have learned so much rom this book.

The Portable Pediatrician: Everything You Need to Know About Your Child's Health (Sears Parenting Library)
by William Sears

4.0 out of 5 stars A great resource, 22 Oct. 2011
Great book. So far the only thing I haven't found in it is information on BCG vaccination (perhaps because they don't give it in the US?).

Quick and Easy Japanese Cookbook
Quick and Easy Japanese Cookbook
by Katsuyo Kobayashi

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent introduction to Japanese cooking, 22 Oct. 2011
I own about 10 books on Japanese cooking; this book was one of the first I bought, in 2002. Kobayahsi is a winner of Iron Chef Japan. She was the secon woman to defeat an Iron Chef, and the first "housewife" (i.e. not a trained chef) to win the show. I have tried most recipes and they are all fantastic. In short, this is an excellent introduction to Japanese home-style cooking.

Irreducible Needs Of Children: What Every Child Must Have to Grow, Learn and Flourish
by T. Brazelton

4.0 out of 5 stars A must, 17 April 2010
Brazelton and Greenspan are both perceptive and knowledgeable. The discussions in the book are interesting and engaging. At times a bit idealistic about what could realistically be achieved by our education system, unfortunately. Not their fault of course, I wish academics like them were hired as consultants to improved our education system.

The Secure Child: Helping Our Children Feel Safe And Confident In A Changing World
by Stanley I Greenspan

5.0 out of 5 stars If there is only one book you will get about babies, get this one., 17 April 2010
I have read several of Greenspan's books, and this one is one of my favourites. He is such a perceptive person. His idea of "floor time" is spot on. The book doesn't offer quick fixes; it gives you tonnes of ideas that you can implement to help your child feel loved and secure, from baby to teenager. Definitely someone who cares about children, and who knows a whole lot about them.

Toy Box 6 Ring Tower
Toy Box 6 Ring Tower

4.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, 17 April 2010
This review is from: Toy Box 6 Ring Tower (Toy)
I actually liked the fact that the toy wasn't too big. We live is a small flat, and also do a fair bit of travelling. It can be easily packed into a suit case, does't take up to much room, and I found the size ok for a 9 month old.

We play with the rings and make them spin on the floor, stack them, and of course my little one chews on them.

I don't give it five stars because they don't give any info on what type of paint was used to paint the rings...non toxic I hope!

First Feelings: Milestones in the Emotional Development of Your Baby and Child
First Feelings: Milestones in the Emotional Development of Your Baby and Child
by Stanley I. Greenspan

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 24 Nov. 2009
A must-read to understand why our babies do certain things, and to help us parents help make them happy.