Profile for Amy > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Divergent Parody 1: Confessions of Four a Love Letter to Tris
Divergent Parody 1: Confessions of Four a Love Letter to Tris

2.0 out of 5 stars Umm..., 6 Dec. 2014
The idea wasn't bad (not good, but not bad), but the English! It almost didn't make sense in places. Clearly, it is not the writer's first langage, and was littered with mistakes in grammar, phrasing, & his failed attempts at using idomatic expressions. Fortunately, I was able to borrow it as a Prime member. Had I paid for this, I'd be livid.

DOUBLE PACK (2 X) Coconut Secret, Raw Coconut Aminos, Soy-Free Seasoning Sauce, 8 fl oz (237 ml)
Offered by Swift Stock

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff! As someone who loves oriental-style stir fry ..., 19 July 2014
Great stuff! As someone who loves oriental-style stir fry but developed a soy(a) allergy in her 30s, this has been a great find. Expensive, but worth it as a treat!

Staedtler 512 128 Double Hole Tub Triangular Sharpener
Staedtler 512 128 Double Hole Tub Triangular Sharpener

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 19 July 2014
Does the job!

One & Only Genuine Original Family Band [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
One & Only Genuine Original Family Band [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 19 July 2014
Classic Disney (not one of their best, but good fun anyway), and good service from the seller.

Onboard Dutch - Learn a language before you land
Onboard Dutch - Learn a language before you land

1.0 out of 5 stars It seriously seems to consider it helpful to give instructions like: ", 19 July 2014
This wasn't worth 77p. It's confusing, uninformative, and unhelpful. It seriously seems to consider it helpful to give instructions like: "...ij pronounce as 'ijsje'." If this was a real book, I'd return it. As it is, I'll just have to be out 77p and be glad it wasn't more.

10 White LED Solar Chinese Lantern Fairy Lights by Lights4fun
10 White LED Solar Chinese Lantern Fairy Lights by Lights4fun
Offered by Lights4fun

2.0 out of 5 stars This was nice...for about 2 weeks, 28 Jun. 2014
This worked well for the first couple of weeks I had it, but then quit working and hasn't worked since. I've made sure to check the switch, made sure that the solar panel was clean and in an adequately-sunny spot...nothing. So ultimately it was a waste of money. I had some from Ikea that lasted 4 years; I guess I'd better go back there for another set.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2014 10:30 AM BST

Prym Magnetic Pin Cushion
Prym Magnetic Pin Cushion

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy!, 28 Jun. 2014
This thing is great -- a strong magnet that is particularly useful if you spill your pins (it'll grab them all up off the floor just by waving this over top), and useful generally while sewing as it'll grab them and hold them securely. Excellent little gadget!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT CLOTH -- PLASTIC, 28 Jun. 2014
I ordered this thinking it was cloth (since it is described as such), but in fact it is flexible plastic. I wrote to the seller via the usual channels. All they did was argue, give me the run-around, claim that they would refund me if I sent them a picture (I did, they didn't), and act as if I'm too stupid to know the difference between cloth (cotton, polyester, linen, silk, etc) and plastic. Terrible product, terrible customer "service". If you want a normal plastic tape measure, this is okay (not great, but okay). If you're looking for an old-style cloth tape measure for a project, etc., then this is not what you want.

Galt Toys Farm Playnest
Galt Toys Farm Playnest

1.0 out of 5 stars Shipping was handled badly, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Galt Toys Farm Playnest (Toy)
I have no idea about the item itself -- it was bought as a gift and has yet to be given.

My complaint is about how it was shipped, and there seems to be no other forum in which to make my complaint. I ordered this as a gift, as I said above. When the item was shipped, the sender slapped a couple of pieces of tape across where the box opens, slapped an address label and a separate barcode label directly onto the product's box, and stuck it in the mail. No protective wrapping, nothing. This means that the box was damaged during shipping, plus the labels have left all kinds of sticky residue behind (even though I peeled them off as carefully as possible). Frankly, I'm embarrassed to give it in this condition, and I'm angry that Amazon EU S.a.r.L. considered this to be an acceptable way to treat a customer. Badly done.

Sabichi 83913 Mini Oven
Sabichi 83913 Mini Oven

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 3 Sept. 2010
I looked for ages for a toaster oven after moving to Britain, and last year found this one (after buying a "table-top oven" and discovering that it wasn't the same thing under a different name). I've used it at least once a day (sometimes 2 or 3 times a day) for 16 months now, and won't be without it. Toasts well, can bake small items like cookies, economical to run...I love it! Would give it 5 stars, but...am on here because, earlier today, mine died (yes, tried replacing the fuse, but no luck). For that, I'm deducting a star as I'd have thought it would last longer than it did (though, as I said, I used mine constantly). Despite the first one dying, I'm ordering another. The price is good, the size is good, the functionality is great. I'm allergic to wheat, and so the breads I buy/make aren't standard size loaves, which means a regular toaster isn't always great (not only because the slices can be too short, but also because I usually have to slice them by hand, so the thicknesses can vary a bit). Plus, I find that wheat-/gluten-free bread toasts better when done for slightly longer on a lower setting than "toast", and that kind of fine-tuning is possible only with a gadget like this. Why the toaster oven isn't more popular in Britain I'll never know, but happily there's a source for them online!

Oh -- some of the reviews mention that it gets hot to the touch. Yes, it does. It's a toaster...it's never damaged the counter it sits on, though, nor has it harmed anything sitting beside it, and cools quickly. So don't let that description of it persuade you not to get a toaster oven.

Page: 1 | 2