Profile for Marce > Reviews

Content by Marce

Marce "Marce" (Leeds)

Morphy Richards Never Loses Suction 73231 Family and Pets Compact Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! This vacuum is fabulous!, 19 April 2012
I've had a Dyson upright for the last 6 years and thought about replacing it with another, however I couldn't bring myself to spend £300 on a vacuum cleaner. The reviews of the Morphy Richards Never Loses Suction 73231 Family and Pets Compact Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, Purple were uniformly good so I decided to give it a go despite being suspicious of how good it could be for such a bargain price! The suspicions were most definitely unfounded.

It's easy to put the few parts together to assemble; the instruction book clearly tells you how to empty it and clean the various filters which is an incredibly easy process; but most of all, the suction is outstanding! I had previously vacuumed with my old Dyson yesterday and re-did it today with the new Morphy Richards - oh my - the volume of dirt and dust that came out of my carpets was unbelievable!

So if like me you think perhaps this vac is too cheap to be any good - Stop! Just buy one. Possibly my best ever purchase for the home! (Sad, I know...)
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2014 3:21 PM BST

TeckNet® iEP380 5000mAh Dual-Port External Battery Pack and Charger for "The new iPad" the 3rd Gen ipad, iPad 2, iPad mini, iPhone 4S 4 3G, iPod Touch (1G to 5G), Android (Samsung Galaxy Note S S2, HTC Sensation EVO Thunderbolt, LG Optimus V), Blackberry (Bold curve Torch), Droid(Motorola Razr), Plus Major Tablet PCs with 5V input (Samsung, Blackberry, HTC) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 13 April 2012
This does exactly what it says it does. I wont go into details about how to operate it/charge it, etc as there are other reviews that do this (and very helpful they were too). Suffice it to say that it kept my iPad and 2 iPhones charged on a 14 hour flight and still had charge left to charge an iphone 3GS twice afterwards. I followed the advice of others re how long to recharge it for and this worked like a charm. My only issue is that I keep accidentally touching the switch and turning it on when its in my bag, although I can't imagine this uses up much power as there's nothing plugged into it. Highly recommended.

TomTom XL IQ Routes Edition 2 EU Sat Nav (discontinued by manufacturer)
TomTom XL IQ Routes Edition 2 EU Sat Nav (discontinued by manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly bad customer service, 26 May 2011
Let me start by saying that I was very happy with my previous TomTom XL Live Europe and had no hesitation in buying another TomTom when that one was recently damaged beyond repair. I therefore decided to buy the XL2 Europe, as I realised that I don't really use the Live services.

The problems started straight away. I had the same map size problem that other reviewers have had, but I managed to sort that aspect out myself.

I was then supposed to be able to get a speed camera installation, which also didn't work.

Lastly, I had recently purchased (less than 3 months ago) new maps and a years subscription to the map update service on my TomTom account. I contacted TomTom customer service as TomTom Home would not let me put the maps onto my new device. I have been informed me that the map update service cannot be transferred from my old, unusable, device to my new one, and they will not refund the money paid for it.

Clearly TomTom presume that all of their customers are would-be fraudsters and I will therefore be returning this sat nav to Amazon and buying a different brand. The customer service is for me a part of the product as a whole. God forbid your TomTom should be stolen/broken as TomTom really will not give two hoots. Awful awful customer service.