Profile for Patric Ekroth > Reviews

Ozone Gaming Gear Strike Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Offered by Modern-Tech
Price: 84.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice beginner kekyboard, 8 April 2014
I bought this as my first mechanical keyboard. I have in the past used all kinds of keyboards, including Razer Tarantula which I really liked. The keyboard works well, it does take some getting used to, but its really easy as the black switches are easy on your fingers. If you type a lot, this would maybe not be your first choice, as blue switches would probably suit you better. For gaming it works well, if you are an intermediate typer like me, it works well. I mainly write emails, post on social media and chat in games. For this purpose it works good. I have now noticed that it sometimes have started registering some keys twice, but I don't know if it is because of me or if it's a technical issue.

The key caps have so far not shown any sign of wear. The multimedia support is excellent, I can control Winamp and Spotify with no hassle. The only real wear is where I rest my left hand, the red colored splodges have faded. It would probably be better with no ink at all right there.

It does not make a huge amount of noise, so you don't have to worry about disturbing people around you watching TV or such.

The only gripe I have is that the cord is very thick and quite stiff. This is because it has a USB and audio hub, this makes the cord thicker. I don't really use these, but for someone that needs it, it's a good feature.

Dell Ultrasharp U2212HM 22 inch IPS LED Monitor
Dell Ultrasharp U2212HM 22 inch IPS LED Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking quality monitor, 8 April 2014
This monitor is a real looker. It's sober appearance will suit anyone using it. The picture quality is excellent, it's adjustable by height, pivot and swivel. The IPS panel is easy on your eyes and reproduce colors well, works good for gaming and browsing. I don't do any photo editing or such, but pictures looks good, also films. If you want a good quality screen that won't ruin you, this is for you.

Cooler Master Hyper 612s Tower Cooler for CPU
Cooler Master Hyper 612s Tower Cooler for CPU

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cooler, but quite big., 8 April 2014
This manages to keep my i7 950 cooled with no problems. As you might know, this processor can get quite hot and the cooler works quite well. It manages well even if I overclock my processor. Just make sure that you have room in your case, as it's quite tall.

Arctic F12 PWM 4 Pin 120mm High Performance Case Fan
Arctic F12 PWM 4 Pin 120mm High Performance Case Fan
Offered by Office Nerd
Price: 5.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool and quiet, 8 April 2014
Good fans, value for money. They do their job with no gripe and no fuss. I have 2 in the front of my case, sucking fresh air in to the computer. I've set the speed in BIOS so that they only go on full speed when I play games. They are audible, but I haven't investigated what makes the most noice in my case.

Mionix Naos 8200 Laser PC USB Gaming Mouse
Mionix Naos 8200 Laser PC USB Gaming Mouse
Price: 59.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and accurate, 8 April 2014
I bought this mouse to replace my Logitech MX Performance, which I still have, but not really use anymore. I find it very comfortable and the support for the fingers on the side works pretty well. It's quite accurate (only really play Diablo 3 tho) and moves smoothly across the mousepad. Using a hard plastic (Func surface 1030) works really well. It's not weight adjustable, but that's not a problem for me. For 35 it's a no-brainer.

Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 16GB Memory Card - Frustration Free Packaging
Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 16GB Memory Card - Frustration Free Packaging
Price: 6.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin., 8 April 2014
Excellent value for money. I use it for music storage in my phone and it works like a charm. Cheap as chips, lots of storage value.

Mesh Lumbar Back Support for Office Chair Car Seat etc
Mesh Lumbar Back Support for Office Chair Car Seat etc
Offered by stansbargains
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for your back!, 26 Mar 2014
This is a very cheap way of saving your back. It really does what it says on the tin. Do yourselves a favour and fork out a few quid, might save you expensive medical bills and pains in the future.

Diablo III - Reaper of Souls (Mac/PC DVD)
Diablo III - Reaper of Souls (Mac/PC DVD)
Offered by SurGames
Price: 24.00

3.0 out of 5 stars No show..., 26 Mar 2014
This expansion is supposedly very good and I have really liked D3 since the latest patch and Loot 2.0. However, it is being sent to me as a gift, and it did not show up as it was supposed to yesterday. This is even though it states in the disclaimer that we will not get it until the 25'th... Disappointing that they can not keep their delivery promise, was looking forward to playing it yesterday. Might update this when I do finally receive it...
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2014 11:01 PM GMT

BitFenix Merc Beta Midi Tower Chassis - Black
BitFenix Merc Beta Midi Tower Chassis - Black
Offered by ADMI Limited UK
Price: 34.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good case for people on a budget., 5 Oct 2013
This is a very good case for the price paid, looks good and the quality is adequate. It's fairly easy to work with, even though it doesn't have enough room for cables behind the motherboard. I had to do some planning to get the cable managemet as good as could be. Placed two extra fans in the front that I've set on silent in BIOS, the standard case fan does not make much noise. It fells like it hardly even spins.

Serial ATA Sata Hard Drive Data Cable Lead
Serial ATA Sata Hard Drive Data Cable Lead
Offered by monika4321
Price: 0.73

1.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT what it says on the tin., 24 May 2013
Ordered them may 11,received them today 13 days later. Long wait, only to discover they are not as described! They are not smaller, not angled. They are plain straight cables, therefore they are useless to me as I won't be able to fit them in my case. I could have bought normal cables from the techie next town if that's what I wanted for only a quid more. Not pleased.