Profile for Linus Nestor > Reviews

Content by Linus Nestor

Linus Nestor (Europe, Sweden)

GUNNAR Gamer Jigsaw Advanced Gaming Glasses (PC/PS3/Wii/Xbox 360)
GUNNAR Gamer Jigsaw Advanced Gaming Glasses (PC/PS3/Wii/Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well spent money if you suffer from eye strain and migrains!, 2 May 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
They are actually working very well. My eyes feels perfectly fine again and no eyestrain at all. No migrains either since I got them so I would highly recommend them for people that spend way to much time in front of back lit computer, TV, cell screens and son and suffer from eye strain and or migrains. Only problem I have is to remember to take them off if I go outside since the do not offer any UV protection.

The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage
The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage
by S. L. MacGregor Mathers
Price: 18.57

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a complete book., 3 Aug 2007
Its suprising to see so many here praising this version of Abramelins rite since it is not only uncomplete but Mathers also deliberatly skipped certain parts he considerd to dangerous for others to know about. In Mathers version of the rite it takes about 6-8 months to finnish it but the original takes about 18 months to finnish. This is just one example of many of how Mathers and Crowley thrue the use of Golden Dawn led astray people from the true path of magic and led the way to the new age way of magic.

Fortunatly there are others who also translate old books and take it much more seriously. So if you want the complete version of this book I would suggest you buy this one instead "The Book of Abramelin by Abraham Von Worms" "ISBN-10: 089254127X".

The Book of Ceremonial Magic
The Book of Ceremonial Magic
by Arthur Edward Waite
Price: 12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books ever written on the subject., 3 Aug 2007
This was the first book I ever got that dealt with magic and it totally amazed me. I still use it alot almost two decades later and I have just bought a new version of it since the old one is falling apart.

Waite did an excelent job for his time scanning the libraries he had access to for much of the material in it and translating it. Unlike so many other magicians that have read way to many new age books I have noticed that Waite is actually often right and his opposition back then (Crowley and Mathers) usually are wrong. In waites material there are no blinds he just writes what it says and then give his take on it all. I can definatly understand why this upset both Mathers and Crowley. If you want people that definatly leave things out and put huge blinds or deliberatly misleads the readers then go and buy books by Crowley and Mathers because thoose are the experts at doing it.

This is a book that every serious traditional high magician should own and study. In it you find material that you simply will not find anywhere else. Source material in the amounts that you could almost call it a grimoire in it self. It is not a good beginners book on magic though but for the experienced it's a treasure just waiting to be explored.

NightShadow
NightShadow
by Joseph C. Lisiewski
Price: 13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book of occult fiction., 3 Aug 2007
This review is from: NightShadow (Paperback)
Good fiction in the occult arena is hard to find so I werent sure what to expect by this book. I knew from before that Lisiewski definatly could write fact books but fiction?

To my suprice he did an exelent job and he even hints at some magical secrets in the book that makes it even more thrilling for people in to that kind of stuff.

The book was easy to follow and was just enough describing so it didnt get boring listening to details about rituals or anything. Perhaps we see the beginning of a new Lovecraft. This story definatly reminds me of him even though their writing styles are different.

Right now I am not sure I wish the next book he will release to be a magic book or another novel.

Ceremonial Magic and the Power of Evocation: A System of Personal Power
Ceremonial Magic and the Power of Evocation: A System of Personal Power
by Joseph Lisiewski

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that had to be written., 3 Aug 2007
Usually I do not read books regarding magic that is written by or after Crowley since I consider most books either written by him or that has been written after him to have deviated from the original path of magic.

So I was very suprised to find that there were others that suspected and belived the same thing as I did about all theese modern magicians out there. I think this is the most important message this book has. Take pretty much any modern magician today and read their source material and you will find that most of them have no idea what they are talking about and that they are skipping parts that are crucial for the magic to work. The New Age has had a devastating effect on all of the occult practices and today there are only a small community left doing magic that gives result.

Lisiewski presents a working system with the laws you need to apply the system you learn here for the hepatameron so you can apply that to other grimoires as well. You could just as well develop your own personal style from the rules set up in his book. This magic will give you results but it takes time to get ready and you have to work for it. Something the New Agers have forgetten how to do.