Profile for K > Reviews

Content by K

K

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Team Umizoomi: Super Soap (Step Into Reading - Level 2 - Quality)
Team Umizoomi: Super Soap (Step Into Reading - Level 2 - Quality)
by Random House

4.0 out of 5 stars great for learners, 1 Nov 2013
My kids love Umizoomi, so when I saw this book I had to buy it and I wasn't disappointed.
My just turned 5 year old is fluent with his reading (obviously he is still learning new words, he spells them out etc and he's got it) he does have the odd hiccup with words, not surprising and all part of learning but he really enjoys it.
These book are great for refreshing confidence and for new readers plus they aren't boring like the ones I learnt to ready with.

VTech Learning App Download Card
VTech Learning App Download Card

5.0 out of 5 stars great idea, 1 Nov 2013
My kids love their Innotabs, this enables me to treat them without it costing the earth, especially when they are picked up at 9.99. Perfect when it comes to parties too (only if the recipient has a innotab though!), the endless amounts of toys at parties most of the mums say 'what a great idea' and wish they'd thought of it, it's at the top of my wish list for my kids with my family. My children are Home educated too so we have endless amounts of fun and sometimes time between activities, they learn whilst they play and gives me extra prep time for the solid work too, it lets them relax after each block of work and the apps are educational, some are a bit 'what's the point?' but you get that with everything I think.

Snack a Jack Cheese 120 g (Pack of 8)
Snack a Jack Cheese 120 g (Pack of 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars yummy, 1 Nov 2013
My kids love these they are healthy (38 calories per cake) and filling. I have them on subscribe and save because it's convenient. My husband takes some to work and the kids have them as a snack (obviously I give them to them, they don't raid the cupboard else they'd all be gone in a couple of days!) I like them too perfect at lunch I have a couple and fills the gap until dinner. You have to watch the price sometimes it's cheaper at the supermarket but subscribe and save saves time.

Cotton Zoo Cat Character in Box
Cotton Zoo Cat Character in Box

5.0 out of 5 stars It's co cute!, 1 Nov 2013
I bought this for my little girl (she's 3 and loves blue) I only got it on the spur of the moment, she was poorly and wanted a blue cat to keep her company....mmm. Anyway I bought it because I crumbled and I'm glad I did it is so cute, it is little (but the dimensions are on the page, so I knew how big it was) and my daughter loves it, it is not a toy so please don't be mistaken, but my daughter likes to hold it and pretend it is a kitten, giving it milk etc. I will be buying more (different designs) as Christmas decorations to make our festive decorations a little different this year.

Hatley Polka Dots Girl's Dress Polka Dots 8 Years
Hatley Polka Dots Girl's Dress Polka Dots 8 Years

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful and excellent quality, 1 Nov 2013
I bought this for my daughter, she is 3 and is a very tall girl, she is the size of an 8 year old so I have had to order it in age 8. Her favourite colour is blue (she refuses to wear any other colour) and to get her to remotely resemble a little girl, even though she is so pretty, I always have to go to the extremes with her clothes, embroidery etc, so when I found this I was over the moon, the quality is outstanding, I was really impressed. It is lovely and thick, but not uncomfortably thick just right to keep them snuggly, superbly stitched and still looks brand new after half a dozen washes at a long 30 degrees. She looks forward to putting it on and all my family have commented on how beautiful it is. It is blue but so girly and incredibly cute, Ideal for the autumn and winter with thick tights and boots. I will be buying more of these dresses and clothes by Hatley, I have my eye on the dark blue flowery one now, all I need to do is convince my daughter it is her type of blue! My friends have bought dresses for their daughters from Hatley now and they all look fab in them. They are easy to wash and care for, I stick to a long 30 degree wash, add vanish hygiene with fabric softener and I hang dry, it is always neat and my daughter looks tidy and lovely! Just my type of clothes leaves extra time for more reading with the little ones :)

Sugar Plum Fairy Set
Sugar Plum Fairy Set
Offered by FANCY DRESS COSTUMES FOR KIDS LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 18 April 2013
This review is from: Sugar Plum Fairy Set (Toy)
This is great quality and she's as equally happy & comfortable in it. I'm glad I went with it, it's worth the price. It looks like it will last.

Electricity and Forces (Mad About Science)
Electricity and Forces (Mad About Science)
by John Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 18 April 2013
I bought this to help my son with science, he's into anything that he can experiment with and often is making something, when he's with his grandad I can't tell which one is meant to be the adult! This keeps them both safe and teaches him so much. Maybe he might not be the next Albert Einstein but he's still an amazing smart kid this just keeps him safer & his grandad safer if there in their experimenting shed ( no mums allowed by all account). Highly recommended for ks2

Liberon BLO1L 1L Boiled Linseed Oil
Liberon BLO1L 1L Boiled Linseed Oil

5.0 out of 5 stars Restores & freshens, 18 April 2013
I don't normally praise a product that says what it should do and does it, but I thought I would this time around. I have nearly all wood in my home with little ones and limited time when looking after & educating them, running a home and working I try, like most, to simplify tasks. I like my home to always be welcoming so instead of having glossed wood that gets chipped by toys etc, I opted to go with bare wood that I can hand sand and spot repair if needed. Now over the years some of the wood, due to central heating & temperature changes was starting to look a bit dull and neglected, I tried lots of different things to infuse new life into it all, like essential oils etc and Danish oil, but I had a problem with the drying time of most products, now this oil I put on even with the little ones there and at the same time teach them about the importance of our surroundings and pride (yes I know sounds dull) but they were amazed and listened absorbing all i told them, they said it was magic oil ( i would agree, its worked wonders) not once did they touch the place I was oiling and after just 10 minutes I wiped the excess off and it was dry, it then goes on to darken over night I assume it's being deeply absorbed into the wood. Then in the morning you see the greatest effect of your work, the wood looks revitalised and the room welcoming once more. I've also used it on wooden ornaments, again something I have a lot of, it has completely transformed my home and the beauty is you can do it when you have a spare 10 minutes I did the bathroom in two days just waiting for baths to run. Spills clean up easily with clinell if you get to them quick or white spirit if it is on a safe to clean surface. ( don't got and use it on your carpets) biological washing liquid cleans them if you have a carpet cleaner freshen it up when your done, like i did. An easy transformation for any wooden rooms/ objects for not a lot of money. I really do highly recommend a go with it if you are looking for a refresher for dry wood, better than ripping it out or glossing and a lot less hassle. I'm on my 4th tin but then again nearly all my home is wood, a little really does go along way.

WOW Toys Bathtime Buddies
WOW Toys Bathtime Buddies
Offered by ACORNSTORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant toys, 30 Mar 2013
This review is from: WOW Toys Bathtime Buddies (Toy)
These really are great toys. I have 2 little ones who just lately are proving a headache when it comes to the daily bath time, this was an amazing find for me, the daily struggle of de-grubbing the little darlings was proving a war of wills since the chicken pox episode. So I was looking for some inspiration, some new energy if you like into my emergency stash bath toy box, this not only fits the bill perfectly it's a replacement for all my other emergency toys which may lure them into the water. I'm now at the point where they are so wrinkled at the end of the bath I am investing in bath oils just to keep them from drying out! A must for any desperate mummy who finds de-grubbing the little ones a tiresome task and at the end of it making you feel like the big bad pirate who made them walk the plank!
Honestly they are great and well built too, when you first open the box you think I paid how much?! But by the end of watching them play and their imaginations run wild you think what a great investment. These toys seem to kick start their imaginations and bring magical creativity to where there was disruption, mayhem and endless protesting as to why they shouldn't have a bath....

Heimess 733650 Wooden Dummy Chain (Horse)
Heimess 733650 Wooden Dummy Chain (Horse)
Offered by Contango Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars So lovely, 28 Feb 2013
My daughter has all sorts of dummy's & Heimess chains for every outfit so we practically have them all, some dummy's with rings some not. The heimess 'tag' on the dummy chain pulls the string tighter so it can be pulled taught around the 'ringless' dummy's like the mam ones, hold the last bead as you pull it gently tighter. If you have a ringed dummy (like the avent ones) thread the string loop through the ring and hoop it over the heimess 'tag' on the dummy chain, not over the clip at the top. Either way baby has their dummy attached and it is safe and sound. If the loop is too long tighten it before you loop it through a ringed dummy again by pulling the heimess 'tag' and again holding the last bead on the chain.
The string is designed to give and any stretching has no detrimental effect on the dummy chain, that is why there is a pull mechanism built in to allow for give over time & taking up any slack. It's not rocket science and we didn't take long to figure it out. They are a fantastic design and the quality is so much better than most.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3