ARRAY(0xaeded078)

Profile for Mad Mick > Reviews

Content by Mad Mick

Mad Mick "Mad Mick" (Dorset, England)

Page: 1 | 2
All Through The City (with Wilko 1974-1977)
All Through The City (with Wilko 1974-1977)
Price: 15.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me feel good!, 3 April 2014
Superb box set containing all of the early Feelgood material plus a fascinating (and often amusing) dvd of live performances on long-forgotten, mid-70s t.v. shows-did we really look like that?!! This collection is an absolute steal at under 13 quid and is a must-have for all Feelgood fans.

Timberland Clothing Tilt Denim Slim Men's Jeans Blue Wash W36INxL32IN
Timberland Clothing Tilt Denim Slim Men's Jeans Blue Wash W36INxL32IN
Price: 75.00

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality jeans., 3 April 2014
Excellent quality and fit. These look and feel very well made and for a shade over 22 they were a steal!

Karrimor Men's Traveller Supa Black Walking Shoe K407BLK157 10 UK
Karrimor Men's Traveller Supa Black Walking Shoe K407BLK157 10 UK
Price: 24.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain price walking shoes., 2 Mar 2014
Excellent value and very comfortable. I am usually a size 10.5 but these size 10s fit perfectly so beware generous sizing. Can't give 5 stars as don't know how durable they will be yet.

X-Mi X Mini II 2nd Generation Capsule iPhone / iPad / iPod / MP3 / Laptop Speaker - Black
Offered by nattyman1991
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great balls of.........sound!!, 1 Jan 2014
I hadn't heard of these little beauties until last week when my younger brother was playing his DAB radio through one. I was so impressed I ordered one immediately. I cannot believe how good they sound (and how loud they go!) for such a small, inexpensive unit. I am quite fussy when it comes to audio quality and although these are miles away from hi-fi, they are very listenable for all types of music and are especially good with speech (Radio 4 etc.). I would highly recommend this product to anyone who wants decent sound from their laptop, mobile etc. and don't have access to "proper" speakers. A steal!

Metallica
Metallica
Price: 10.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album!, 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: Metallica (Audio CD)
Growing up in the 70s with the likes of Black Sabbath, Rush, AC/DC, UFO and other "classic", original rock and heavy metal bands, I was generally rather dismissive of "newer" HM bands, believing them to be somewhat derivative. However, having seen a "Classic Albums" programme about Metallica's so-called "Black Album", I was sufficiently impressed and intrigued to buy the cd. What a great album! There are one or two weaker tracks, but generally this is quality rock/metal with the odd slower, melodic number e.g. "Unforgiven", Nothing Else Matters", providing variety. That will teach me to be more open-minded about post-90s bands!

Brother HL-2240D Compact Mono Laser Printer with Auto Duplex
Brother HL-2240D Compact Mono Laser Printer with Auto Duplex
Price: 101.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value printer., 1 Nov 2013
I have used brother printers before and been impressed. This one was bought for home office use and is easy to set up and start using-it took me about half an hour from opening the box to printing the test page (and I am no techno-geek). Very clean, sharp copies and quite fast printing speed. For a touch over 75 this is a bargain.

Caress Of Steel (Rmst)
Caress Of Steel (Rmst)
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 6.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow burner but a classic., 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: Caress Of Steel (Rmst) (Audio CD)
I bought this to replace my vinyl copy (bought some 35 years ago!) after my turntable finally died. I hadn't played it for a while but listened to it three times in a row once it arrived. "The Necromancer" is the stand-out track for me- I was amazed that I could still remember most of the words of Neil Peart's creepy narration (a sure sign of early-onset Alzhemier's!). As other reviewers have noted, COS gives hints of the classic 2112 to follow but is, in my opinion, still an excellent album, even though it takes a little time to "access" and appreciate. Persevere- it's worth it!

Karrimor Mens Traveller Supa ll Trekking and Hiking Shoes K566-DGY-159 Dark Grey 11 UK, 45 EU, 12 US
Price: 21.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, 1 Nov 2013
Excellent quality hiking/walking shoe at a ridiculously low price (21). My only gripe is that, like many similar products, these do not come in half sizes and I am a size 10.5. This means that size 10 is always too small but size 11 is always slightly too big. These shoes feel much roomier than other size 11s I have had to buy and can only be worn comfortably with thick/extra socks - true size 10.5 feet-possessors take note! I guess that if you are really going to wear these exclusivey for walking/hiking rather than leisure this is not such an issue.

Classic Albums - La Folie / Raven
Classic Albums - La Folie / Raven
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 12 July 2012
I have been a big fan of the Stranglers since buying the "Straighten Out/Something Better Change" double A-side at the ripe young age of 14. Both of these albums showcase the band's progression since those early days and contain some classic tracks which are significantly better than even the (very good) songs released as singles ; "Baroque Bordello" is a particular favourite. Both albums are gems ("The Raven" is the better of the two, in my opinion)and for a fiver you can't go wrong.

Blackout - Scorpions
Blackout - Scorpions
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 6.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic!, 12 July 2012
This review is from: Blackout - Scorpions (Audio CD)
Bought this to replace my vinyl copy, which I hadn't played for over 20 years. I had forgotten what a brilliant album this is- hard, driving, rock mixed with a couple of more subtle, well-crafted melodic numbers. Superb musicianship and vocals and the added bonus of the usual unintentional comedy element of the lyrics and their delivery in Meine's German accent make this a must-have album for all metal/hard rock fans of all ages.

Page: 1 | 2