Profile for L Townend > Reviews

L Townend

Baby Carrier by Sa-Be
Baby Carrier by Sa-Be

5.0 out of 5 stars The best baby product I have ever bought, 15 July 2014
Firstly I didn't buy this product on amazon but I loved it so much that when I spotted it on here I felt I had to comment to tell people how good it is.

After trying several slings I was recommended this one by a friend. After having bad experiences with slings I was wary of spending any more money on another sling but because of its reasonable price I thought I would give it a go.
It is honestly the best baby product I have ever bought. If I had known how much use I would have got from it I would not have bothered buying a pushchair.

My little girl LOVED it. We used it from her being a newborn right up to her being almost 2. Within minutes of being in the sling she would fall asleep. The stretchy fabric supported her head perfectly and the sling ensured her hips were in the right position and properley supported.

The sling is so comfy to use that on more than one occasion I went into a complete melt down while out shopping because I thought I had lost my daughter (thinking she was in her pushchair) and it was only when my mum pointed out I was carrying her in the sling that I calmed down!!!! This happened on at least 3 occasions! :S

The time spent using the sling is very special and creates lovely memories. It is the greatest thing I miss about my babies now being too big to be carried.

Britax SafeFix Plus Group 1 Toddler Car Seat (Black Thunder)
Britax SafeFix Plus Group 1 Toddler Car Seat (Black Thunder)

1.0 out of 5 stars Major flaw, 12 Sept. 2013
My first impressions of this seat were great. It is sturdy, well padded and my daughter appeared comfortable.

It is secured in my car with the isofix points which is where the issue arises. The buttons to release the isofix points are positioned either side of the seat and are large grey/green buttons which require very little force to press. While in the car my 4 year old reached over from his car seat at the opposite side of the car and pressed one of the buttons on the safefix seat. He didn't have to lean far, it was was very accessible to him even in our zafira. Had he been in our other car which is a polo the button would have been even closer. When I checked the seat it had completely disconnected from the isofix point on that side.

I have contacted britax and they have said the buttons are intended to release the isofix points with only ail tittle force and it is not a fault. They basically said "hopefully it won't happen again". My son now understands it is really dangerous to press the button however britax appear to have overlooked this issue. Many of these seats will be used by parents who have 2 children in the back of the car and children are naturally curious. The entire safety of the seat relies on trusting children not to press these buttons which are within easy reach of them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2015 3:26 PM BST

Swimfin Training Aid Shark Fin
Swimfin Training Aid Shark Fin

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent swimming aid, 16 Feb. 2013
My son has been using the swimfin since he was 2 and I think it's fantastic. It provides enough buoyancy to easily keep him afloat in the water but unlike armbands it doesn't restrict his arms so now that he is learning to do breaststroke arm he is able to move his arms freely without anything getting in the way.

Britains Big Farm John Deere 6930S Tractor
Britains Big Farm John Deere 6930S Tractor

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit flimsy, 7 July 2012
Nice, big tractor. Unfortunately the cab fell off within 30 mins and will not clip back on properly and the steering wheel fell off. We have others in this range and have had no problems with them. My son loves it regardless and has spent hours playing with it.

bee bright - Out & About on the Farm - Amazing Animals! - Justin Fletcher
bee bright - Out & About on the Farm - Amazing Animals! - Justin Fletcher
Dvd ~ Justin Fletcher
Offered by bee-bright

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!, 24 Mar. 2012
Fantastic! if you have a son or daughter who loves farms and tractors then you will not regret buying these. They are brilliant and very educational. Justin from Mr Tumble narrates in a fun, friendly way ands uses language that my son, who is 2 can understand.