Profile for Paul Burkett > Reviews

Paul Burkett

The Very Best Of
The Very Best Of

5.0 out of 5 stars It's about time too..., 29 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Very Best Of (MP3 Download)
Ok so we've bought all the albums and hoped that one day they would get back together again, and not because we were some sad fan of a commercial boy band, girl band, male solo or female sole...but because The Stone Roses music meant something, no it didn't just mean something, it was something, and it still is something. You must remember that way back in 1989 Ian Brown couldn't sing a damn note but John Squire, Remi and Mr Mounfield could a) play the guitar like no one else can b) play the drums in syn with Mr Squire and c) have Mounfield add touches of Bass brilliance to each song that combined all together produced The Stone Roses. I was at Finsbury Park on the 8th June 2013 (a gig I waited 20+ years) and these boys still have that music 'magic' which can change the World. My only (and others) negative comment: stop overplaying your music (less is more)

The Trevor Nelson Collection
The Trevor Nelson Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 6 Mar. 2013
Love this album. I am a Indie/rock man but wanted something different and this album ticked all the boxes. That said; what I was looking for was an album I can play in the company of a lady and this is it (providing said lady likes RnB).

Karcher Jasmin 121008 20-Piece Cookware Set with Roasting Pot and 4 Bowls Stainless Steel for Induction

2.0 out of 5 stars Great set but...., 6 Mar. 2013
As a review I feel I should get straight to the point so here it is: this is a great set in terms of value for money and what you get but don't get sucked in by that because the lids are glass with metal handles and so are the handles (of the saucepans) which means you burn your fingers/hands. The saucepan's have two small metal handles each end which makes it difficult to hold the pan and drain your food with the lid without scolding yourself. OverallI I am bitterly disappointed and have had to purchase what I am looking for in addition. Teaches me for not realising that metal gets very hot in the first place.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2014 3:32 PM GMT