Profile for The Readerman > Reviews

Content by The Readerman

The Readerman (Northampton, United Kingdom)

MediaDevil Magicwand (Professional Ballpoint Pen edition) capacitive touch screen stylus (Black version) for Apple iPad 1, 2, 3, 4 & Air / iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5C & 5S / Samsung Galaxy range / Google Nexus range / ASUS / HTC / Nokia / BlackBerry / Microsoft, Tablets, Phones (see compatibility list)
Offered by MediaDevil
Price: 19.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Must have replaceable tips and refills., 29 Mar 2014
I was looking for a stylus pen with replaceable refills and tips. I always carry a pen in my pocket so it made sense to have a combined product.

The choice came down to two, the Mediadevil Professional and the Friendly Swede pen. When I made enquiries, the Friendly Swede helpdesk couldn’t tell me what refills would fit their pens.

The pen arrived quickly and it writes smoothly. It took a little practice using the stylus end though, as I’ve never used one before. It works well on my Nokia Lumia 800 and 2520. I just had to learn to press with the right amount of pressure. Too much and the squashy tip hit bottom; too little and a swipe becames a tap.

It took me a little while to figure out how to change the refill (a diagram would be useful) but, all in all, a nice product for a reasonable price. It’s replaced my cheap Parker in my pocket.

Kolay Car Charger for Nokia Lumia 2520 - Black
Kolay Car Charger for Nokia Lumia 2520 - Black
Price: 2.79

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Connection, 4 Feb 2014
It's a bit worrying that this shows a micro USB plug connector but the Nokia Lumia 2520 manual says it can't be charged via the micro USB port.

NIV Bible
NIV Bible
Price: 4.27

3.0 out of 5 stars Different NIV, 10 Jan 2012
This review is from: NIV Bible (Kindle Edition)
Most of the comments from previous reviews are relevant but, if you're used to the `traditional' NIV as used in churches in Britain, be prepared for some surprises with this Kindle version.

This translation is a later version, which seems to have been paraphrased to some extent. For example, Mark 1:17 in the `traditional' translation says, "Come, follow me, Jesus said, and I will make you fishers of men." The `new' translation says, "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will send you out to fish for people."

In a group session, which included a biblical Greek expert, we discovered that the `people' option was the more correct but `make' was more correct than `send'. `Make' denotes an element of training while `send' simply means to dispatch, trained or not.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 6, 2012 7:02 PM BST

Emprex AWV-699B 5.8ghz Wireless AV Sender V2.0
Emprex AWV-699B 5.8ghz Wireless AV Sender V2.0

3.0 out of 5 stars An improvement, 22 Nov 2010
This AV Sender is an improvement over the 2.4GHz version we had previously but it's not perfect. It was really easy to set up, if you look carefully, cables are labelled for the transmitter and the receiver. We don't get any interference from microwave, Bluetooth dongles, wireless systems etc. We do, however, see interference when anyone is walking around. We have the sender in the lounge and the receiver in the kitchen, on the same floor, with one wall in between.

Giant Stress Boob Stress Ball
Giant Stress Boob Stress Ball
Offered by Findmeagift
Price: 7.32

1.0 out of 5 stars Messy, 27 Dec 2008
My wife bought this for me. It lasted one day and then burst, spraying a red jelly-like substance all over my armchair. Product quality is poor.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2011 8:18 PM GMT

Yamaha DVD-E 600  DVD Player
Yamaha DVD-E 600 DVD Player

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite integrated, 15 Feb 2006
This is more of a DVD with add-ons than a micro Hi-Fi. I was looking for something that would integrate my hi-fi and TV/DVD/Satellite box set up. To a large extent this does it but with some issues. There’s no input for the Satellite box as such but it can be plugged into any of two inputs, AUX or MD. I currently have a DAB radio connected to AUX and the Satellite box connected to MD. Secondly the amplifier only had two tone controls, bass and treble. Other controls are part of the DVD system and can’t be used on other devices. Thirdly, you can’t program a CD or browse an MP3 disc unless the TV is switched on because you have to use the screen to see what you are doing.