Profile for Nathan Hardwick > Reviews

Content by Nathan Hardwick

Nathan Hardwick "Sci-fi Devourer" (Whitley Bay)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
LARGE 4 DRAWER STEEL TOOL CHEST TOOL BOX KEY LOCK
LARGE 4 DRAWER STEEL TOOL CHEST TOOL BOX KEY LOCK

5.0 out of 5 stars Am I a real man now?, 6 Feb. 2014
My first proper toolbox at the age of 38 and what a beauty! Prior to this I'd kept my 'tools' in a plastic bag under the stairs but having got into biking (both of the motor and leg-powered varieties) I thought it was about time I invested in some decent tools and a decent box to keep them in. This one is a beauty - so much so that I actually have it in pride of place in my home office as I love the way it looks (too good for the shed). It's got that retro vibe and make me feel as if I work in a chop shop somewhere in America (unfortunately, in actuality I'm a computer programmer in the North East UK but a man can dream can't he!) The perfect accessory to any midlife crisis...

Pedal
Pedal

5.0 out of 5 stars What a surprise..., 6 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Pedal (Kindle Edition)
Another impulse buy from me as I work my way through lots of cycling books (as I've just got into cycling in my late 30s) and this one makes me wish I'd taken to the saddle much earlier in life. At turns exciting and depressing (but always with a hint of wry humour) I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone.

Bike Snob Abroad: Strange Customs, Incredible Fiets, and the Quest for Cycling Paradise

5.0 out of 5 stars Great style, tone and pace..., 6 Feb. 2014
This was my first Bike Snob book (I'd never read the blog or heard of it) and I loved it. It was an impulse buy on my Kindle and I'm pleased I got it (I've since gone on to buy his other two books). The style is really friendly - it's as if your listening to a very literate friend tell you his tales of (almost) adventure... I'd recommend this to anyone who has even a casual interest in cycling.

My Half Ironman Experience: Insight on what to expect for your first race
My Half Ironman Experience: Insight on what to expect for your first race

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not a book - it's a booklet!, 6 Feb. 2014
This should not be advertised as a book (and should certainly not be £2.50) - it took me barely 10 minutes to read it. It probably took longer to design the cover than it did to write this 'booklet'. If you're looking for a good read with nice long descriptions of what to expect then this is not it - very disappointing.

Dickies Men's 5.25 oz. Short-Sleeve Work Shirt, Black, M
Dickies Men's 5.25 oz. Short-Sleeve Work Shirt, Black, M
Offered by HiveTees-US

3.0 out of 5 stars Way too big..., 17 Sept. 2013
The quality of this item is good but the sizing is way off... I bought a medium and it seems closer to an XL. I'm not tiny but it swamps me.

Bodyglide Skin Formula 12.8g
Bodyglide Skin Formula 12.8g
Offered by Leisure Lakes Bikes

5.0 out of 5 stars No sore nipples!, 17 Sept. 2013
I just ran the Great North Run and had been warned by a friend about the dreaded 'runners nipple' after he had to run the second half of the race topless and with bleeding nipples last year. Got some of this and even though it was a wet day I had no problems!

Can't Swim, Can't Ride, Can't Run: From Common Man to Ironman
Can't Swim, Can't Ride, Can't Run: From Common Man to Ironman

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing and sub-par book, 10 Sept. 2013
I think a lot of other reviewers must have been reading a different book to me. I just couldn't get through it. The author seems like a nice enough fella but he's just not quite as funny as he thinks he is. The humour is obvious, cliched and a bit laddish. The writing style is amateur at best and it didn't leave me particularly inspired.

Noene NO2/45 2mm Insole Size 10 UK
Noene NO2/45 2mm Insole Size 10 UK
Offered by mousticlick

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very good for minimalist trainers, 10 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Noene Insole 2mm (Sports)
Not a very good fit for minimalist trainers. Only purchased to take the edge off the lack of padding in my NB minimus but not really comfortable in them.

Obsessive Compulsive Cycling Disorder
Obsessive Compulsive Cycling Disorder

5.0 out of 5 stars Just outstanding, 10 Sept. 2013
A great book written in a great style. Having just got back into cycling this was the perfect book and gives an insight into many types of cycling (and gets you excited about them all!) My only criticism is that it could lead to a costly bike habit (I've already bought a few now...)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't want to have to buy one but it's good!, 10 Sept. 2013
Devastated that I've reached the time in my life when I need such an item but can't complain about the product! Does a good job of keeping may (many) errant hairs at bay.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2013 7:33 AM BST