Profile for C. J. Walker > Reviews

Content by C. J. Walker

C. J. Walker (U K)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
X4 Abba -New Package-
X4 Abba -New Package-

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic Box Set, 25 Feb. 2015
This review is from: X4 Abba -New Package- (Audio CD)
Abba,s music speaks for itself and these albums have been issued many times so I will explain what this set includes.
You get the four albums as shown on the cover,they have the bonus tracks on each and come in a thin card sleeve with the album art with a red border.On the reverse of each is a list of the tracks but not the original album artwork.There is no booklet either so is very basic but good value.

Diana
Diana

5.0 out of 5 stars Soundtrack to Diana;s first TV Special, 8 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Diana (Audio CD)
As there is no track listing for this release,I will give the original vinyl album program
1 Don't rain on my parade.
2 Mama;s Pearl.
Walk on by.
The love you save.(Jackson 5 )
3 Close to you.
4 Bill Cosby Segment.
5 Love Story (Diana and Bill Cosby)
6 Remember me.
7 I'll be there.
Feelin;alright. (Jackson 5)
8 Danny Thomas segment.
9 Ain;t no mountain high enough.
10 I Love You(call me).

The original release came out the same day as her SURRENDER(I;m still waiting UK) LP and she had been at No 1with I;m Still Waiting.IT had a fold out sleeve with many photo;s from this her first TV Special as a solo artist.It was;nt a big seller only spending one week on the chart and only reaching No 43.Perhaps this is why I believe it has never been issued on cd in the UK and had a brief release in the states many years ago.

The TV Special included Diana;s big hits so far,comedy sketches and the new motown group THE JACKSON 5 and proved Diana could do it on her own.You really need a DVD of the show but that will probably never happen.
This looks like a limited release from Japan and hopefully Amazon will have back in stock soon.

Something I Need
Something I Need

5.0 out of 5 stars Ben you,re Something we need, 17 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Something I Need (Audio CD)
Congratulations Ben at last a rock artist has won The X Factor.
I have been backing Ben from the start and what a joy he won,great singer and a nice chap.
Also a really great track,I have loved the One Republic original and this is a brilliant choice for his first single,he delivers a superb version.
I am sure this is the start of a long and successful career.Ben is a change of fresh air as most winners of the X Factor seem to sing soul/r n b which although a great singer Fleur would have gone down that route.I look forward to following Bens journey.
This better get to No 1 and make my Christmas.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2015 9:25 AM GMT

Donna - The CD Collection
Donna - The CD Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Five stars for this set,,,,,,,,,no stars for Amazon, 8 Dec. 2014
This is not a review as such,I owned all the albums on vinyl way back and its great to see them rereleased in deluxe editions.My personal favourite is THE WANDERER where Donna ditches disco and goes rock.
Anyway I was about to buy this set after seeing it from Amazon for about £48.50.my fault I did;nt order there and then but the next morning the price had risen to £60.99!
This is not the first time Amazon have increased prices and I am not happy.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2014 11:59 PM GMT

Original Album Series
Original Album Series

5.0 out of 5 stars At Last some of Bassey's best available at a reasonable price, 27 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
At last some of Shirleys best albums are in this set.SOMETHING and SOMETHING ELSE have only been available on cd at expensive prices,so great to have them at a reasonable price.The only quibble I have its a shame the expanded editions couldn't have been used,but these are Shirley at her peak.
I CAPRICORN is another top album,not quite as good as S and SE but still worth it.
AND I LOVE YOU SO and NEVER NEVER NEVER are weaker due to the song choices.
For this price you get Bassey at her best and in the original album sleeves.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2014 6:23 PM GMT

Cilla [DVD] [2014]
Cilla [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Sheridan Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Swinging Cilla!, 6 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Cilla [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
Since hearing this drama was being made earlier this year I have been really looking forward to it and it is fabulous.
As everyone else has said Sheridan Smith does a brilliant job and I can't fault her.If I had any complaints it would be that it should have been over four episodes as I felt part three was rushed.Cilla achieved so much between Anyone who had a heart and the BBC CILLA shows that a lot was missed out.There was her two forays into acting on the big screen,a cameo in Ferry across the Mersey and A starring role in Work is a four letter word and her many appearances on shows like Juke Box Jury where her personality really shone and she was called "the girl everyone wished lived next Door".
I have been lucky to see Cilla many times in concert,panto's and TV shows and have many happy memories of meeting her.I also loved that the show showed us her relationship with Bobby,I remember on one occasion after waiting for Cilla at a stage door,we arrived late and thought we had missed her then saw Bobby taking bags to the car,he said hang on I'll fetch her and she came out just for us.Bobby was allways there but in the backgroud letting Cilla take center stage.
So all in all I loved it and congratulations to all involved.I must mention Ed Stoppard who was terrific as Brian Epstien.
The music,the clothes,the hair all spot on.So glad it has come out so quick on DVD so can watch again and again and again.

Live In London
Live In London
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars Supreme, 6 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Live In London (Audio CD)
I had this on vinyl back in 75,had'nt heard it for years and now its on cd,great The girls are in good voice and its a great show and nice to have songs they didn't record.
This is entertainment as it used to be and the best line up,Sheila,Valerie and the late Fayette.
I wish someone would now issue their LIVE IN JAPAN album on cd,it was also taped in 75 and had similar track listing
1 TSOP
2 Free Ride
3 Somos Novios(its impossible)
4 Year of decision
13 Dirty ol man
14 Don't let the sun go down on me
15 McCarthur Park
16 Love Train
as you can see its very similar and was only issued in Japan.

Seine Grossen Erfolge
Seine Grossen Erfolge
Offered by momox co uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Cliff in German, 22 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Seine Grossen Erfolge (Audio CD)
A lot of recording artists in the 60's and 70's would record there hits in another language,usually to stop them being recorded by a forign artist and stealing their song
Cliff recorded in a few languages and here are some in German.Sally Sunshine is new to me(did he do this in english?) but the rest are very familliar.
Loved The day I met Marie and Congratulations.
These recordings are a nice change and Cliff handles the different language very well.

Live At The Talk Of The Town
Live At The Talk Of The Town

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun,Fun,Fun, 4 Aug. 2014
This 1968 live recording captures Cliff at his best,recorded just after the Eurovision song contest.He is in fine voice and full of fun,this is Cliff the family entertainer and at this period he is trying to please all.
There are hits and songs Cliff didn't record all done brilliantly,this man can sing any style.
I saw Cliff live in 1972and he was superb,there are not many artists who can recreate there recorded material perfect live,well Cliff can.
This is a fun album,Cliff is having a good time and so are we the listener.

Tracks 'n' Grooves/the Best of Cliff Richard - Vol.2
Tracks 'n' Grooves/the Best of Cliff Richard - Vol.2
Offered by rainey 7117

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD TIMES(Better times), 22 July 2014
The years 1969 to 1972 are regarded by a lot of folk as Cliffs worst period of music ,where the songs are throwaway and that his career was on the slide.Well I love this period and think the songs are brill.Tracks n Grooves is a fine album but for me its The best of Cliff Vol 2 that I got this set for,the two tracks with Hank "Throw down a line" and "The joy of living" are superb,"Good Times" "Sunny Honey Girl" "Silvery Rain" all excellent,
There has been many Cliff compilations over the years and most don't include any of these tracks they will go from "Congratulations" to "Miss you Nights",you'dthink Cliff wasn't recording during this time.EMI please release TBOCV2 on its own as this set is expensive and my copy is very warn.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14