Profile for C. J. Walker > Reviews

Content by C. J. Walker

C. J. Walker (U K)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Live In London
Live In London
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars Supreme, 6 Sep 2014
This review is from: Live In London (Audio CD)
I had this on vinyl back in 75,had'nt heard it for years and now its on cd,great The girls are in good voice and its a great show and nice to have songs they didn't record.
This is entertainment as it used to be and the best line up,Sheila,Valerie and the late Fayette.
I wish someone would now issue their LIVE IN JAPAN album on cd,it was also taped in 75 and had similar track listing
1 TSOP
2 Free Ride
3 Somos Novios(its impossible)
4 Year of decision
13 Dirty ol man
14 Don't let the sun go down on me
15 McCarthur Park
16 Love Train
as you can see its very similar and was only issued in Japan.

Seine Grossen Erfolge
Seine Grossen Erfolge
Offered by Music-Club

5.0 out of 5 stars Cliff in German, 22 Aug 2014
This review is from: Seine Grossen Erfolge (Audio CD)
A lot of recording artists in the 60's and 70's would record there hits in another language,usually to stop them being recorded by a forign artist and stealing their song
Cliff recorded in a few languages and here are some in German.Sally Sunshine is new to me(did he do this in english?) but the rest are very familliar.
Loved The day I met Marie and Congratulations.
These recordings are a nice change and Cliff handles the different language very well.

Live At The Talk Of The Town
Live At The Talk Of The Town

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun,Fun,Fun, 4 Aug 2014
This 1968 live recording captures Cliff at his best,recorded just after the Eurovision song contest.He is in fine voice and full of fun,this is Cliff the family entertainer and at this period he is trying to please all.
There are hits and songs Cliff didn't record all done brilliantly,this man can sing any style.
I saw Cliff live in 1972and he was superb,there are not many artists who can recreate there recorded material perfect live,well Cliff can.
This is a fun album,Cliff is having a good time and so are we the listener.

Tracks 'n' Grooves/the Best of Cliff Richard - Vol.2
Tracks 'n' Grooves/the Best of Cliff Richard - Vol.2
Offered by rainey7117

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD TIMES(Better times), 22 July 2014
The years 1969 to 1972 are regarded by a lot of folk as Cliffs worst period of music ,where the songs are throwaway and that his career was on the slide.Well I love this period and think the songs are brill.Tracks n Grooves is a fine album but for me its The best of Cliff Vol 2 that I got this set for,the two tracks with Hank "Throw down a line" and "The joy of living" are superb,"Good Times" "Sunny Honey Girl" "Silvery Rain" all excellent,
There has been many Cliff compilations over the years and most don't include any of these tracks they will go from "Congratulations" to "Miss you Nights",you'dthink Cliff wasn't recording during this time.EMI please release TBOCV2 on its own as this set is expensive and my copy is very warn.

Me & My Broken Heart
Me & My Broken Heart
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Catchy title track, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Me & My Broken Heart (Audio CD)
been hearing the title track on this ep a lot recently and its very catchy.The other songs are ok,nothing special but worth it for the one track.

My Way  Collection Vol 1
My Way Collection Vol 1

4.0 out of 5 stars His way, 14 July 2014
This review is from: My Way Collection Vol 1 (Audio CD)
I purchased this cd many years ago as it includes the four songs from the Privelige ep one of the first records I owned and these tracks are superb.The rest is a bit patchy but show what a great voice Paul has
The other albums in this series are worth checking out especially vol 3.

Selected Solo Works
Selected Solo Works

4.0 out of 5 stars Frankie Valli.......is the name, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Selected Solo Works (Audio CD)
This is a nicely packaged box set in mini album sleeves,its a pity some bonus tracks couldn't have been added to each album and a booklet with information but I suppose these follow "The Original Album" series that only included five albums.This set is good value but some are short on time so I've knocked off one star for these shortcomings,but all in all a worthy album set to have.

Could any Valli fans give me any info on the Fallen Angel album.In Record Collector its listed as being on the Private Stock label and released in 1976.the title track was a single and charted so why has it been missed from this set?In Record Collector they don't mention the "Our day will Come" album.
Can anyone help.
Is this why the set is SELECTED SOLO WORKS
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 14, 2014 7:50 PM BST

The Originals
The Originals
Offered by NetsavesUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, 12 July 2014
This review is from: The Originals (Audio CD)
Why this album was not successful when it came out in 1971 is puzzling.
Great songs,wonderfull harmonies and including two ex Shadows.They had a lot of exposure on The Cliff Richard Show so this should have sold well.I think people thought of them as The Shadows "singing" and didn't accept they were a new group.
The two ex Shadows are Hank Marvin and Bruce Welch with John Farrar,together they made this wonderfull album,I just love it still 43 years on.
It came out as the singer/songwriter period was the rage and I suppose is similar to CSNandY in sound.They did a second album then it was over and back to The Shadows.
I cannot recommend this album enough,Perfection!

Mexico
Mexico
Offered by Seller_at

5.0 out of 5 stars ROCK MY SOUL, 12 July 2014
This review is from: Mexico (Audio CD)
The Les Humphries Singers were a large group of singers from Germany who had hit records in Europe during the 70,s.I remember seeing them on british tv and were a joy to watch,colourfull and exciting.what I call happy music sing-a-long tunes
This cd has 12 tracks including some of there big hits and is perfect in the car or the summer nights.Some have a gospel feel that make you want to join in.
Tracks

Enjoy!

Blondie 4(0)-Ever: Greatest Hits Deluxe Redux / Ghosts Of Download
Blondie 4(0)-Ever: Greatest Hits Deluxe Redux / Ghosts Of Download

5.0 out of 5 stars Blondie as is,as was,as is., 6 July 2014
Superb package.the new album sounds great after one listen,Debbies voice has lost none of its power you know its her instantly.I was worried they could not better "Panic of Girls" their best album yet,but this new one looks like it could do that.The re-recorded hits also sound good,they are not carbon copies of the originals and who would want that anyway.The two albums play along side each other beautifully.The cover artwork and booklet are stunning and as I said this is a SUPERB package.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 18, 2014 8:53 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14