Profile for Momanium > Reviews

Content by Momanium

Momanium "MNM" (England)

Seagate Expansion 2 TB External Hard Drive, USB 2.0
Seagate Expansion 2 TB External Hard Drive, USB 2.0
Offered by AOT (VAT registered)

1.0 out of 5 stars A good way to get rid of your stuff..., 3 Aug 2012
Bought this thinking I could keep all of my movies, documents etc in one secure place. Absolutely not!It was always a bit dodgy when connecting the power/usb cable and you would have to fiddle with it. One day it stopped working no matter how much you fiddled with it and I lost EVERYTHING. Horrible experience with Seagate and will not use again- AVOID!

TP-Link TL-WN722NC 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter
TP-Link TL-WN722NC 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars I Like It... It does it's job, 15 Jan 2012
I really like this product, as I do most TP-Link products. It really did make a difference from my old outdated Belkin "g" dongle. The old dongle was unreliable and constantly stopped working and the signal was only 2 bars. NOTE: This is for use in my garden office to connect to the router in my main home. I was skeptical as to how much of a difference it would it make though it really did improve the signal (to 4 bars) and the speed (NOTE: You need a "N" router to reach full speeds". The item has been working for over 2/3 weeks and the stand is a really nice touch to it. I am pleased with the product and if I need a new dongle in the near future, I will not hesitate in purchasing another of the same.

Aesthetics: Good looking (especially with stand)
Speed: Good improvement in speed from garden office (particularly in consistent speeds)
Signal: Improvement from 2 to 4 bars!
Generally: Item is recommended, good price and performance.

An Inspector Calls: York Notes for GCSE 2010
An Inspector Calls: York Notes for GCSE 2010
by John Scicluna

3.0 out of 5 stars Its OK... for a general overview!, 15 Jan 2012
I am sitting the GCSE AQA 2010 English Literature Course and this is one of the available options. I ordered this book as they are known to aid the reader through the analysis. I was a bit disappointed when I bought the book as it was quite basic. It seemed to be quite childish, focusing on aesthetics and colour as oppose to content. The book itself is good at aiding your revision and gives a general overview but not specific analysis. York Notes Advanced are much more appropriate as they are designed for A- level but are great, even for GCSE. Though there is not an advanced version for this book... so this will have to do!

Generally: 3 Stars(It'll do the job... just)
Aesthetics: Nice
Content: Fairly basic but good for a general overview.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 21, 2014 4:17 PM GMT

To Kill a Mockingbird: York Notes for GCSE 2010
To Kill a Mockingbird: York Notes for GCSE 2010
by Beth Sims

3.0 out of 5 stars Its OK... for a general overview!, 15 Jan 2012

Generally: 3 Stars(It'll do the job... just)
Aesthetics: Nice
Content: Fairly basic but good for a general overview.

TP-Link TL-WR1043ND 300Mbps Wireless N 4 Gigabit Port Cable Router (USB Port for Printers, Files or Media Sharing)

4.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to set up: But great after that..., 3 Dec 2011
This router is clearly a great product, with nice speeds and gigabit ethernet. I was really excited at purchasing the new router and jumped at this one when I saw its price and capability.

Setting up:
I must admit that this router (like most TP link products) was a pain to set up and just didnt want to work. I am with Virgin Media who always give dynamic Ip adresses yet the routers "quick setup" detected mine as static. I even phoned up Virgin and asked who were very helppful. I tried phoning the TP Link helpline on a wednesday and you have to constantly re-ring as you hear a bleeping tone. I gave up after the 10th time( I have used them before and it takes you to a call centre in China who I have previously found to be sarcastic). So i proceeded with manually changing all the settings on my computer and left the router well alone. After an hour or so I plugged the router back in and went to the online set up page where I redeteted my internet and it suddenly found it to be Dynamic (surprise, surprise). After this I changed all the settings to my liking.

The product itself:
I like the product a lot in terms of its looks but some of my colleagues dont agree ( i suppose its just down to personal liking). The product is nice and the gigabit ethernet is absolutely wonderful. I have an internet TV and noticed a great difference in quality and speed (Happy customer). I brought in a mate of mine who didnt know I changed the router and he commented on the quality (so it cant just be me).

Suggestions:
I like tinkering with things and having fun but sometimes TP link really does push me right up to the edge. I genuinally nearly threw the router at a wall (thank god I didnt). TP Link needs to pull up their socks cause they have good products but a bit of a pain technically and not very good support. Though once their products are set up you really do see the change. Before I had an old Belkin router which I moved to my shed and connected through homeplugs. In the short term I used a Netgear router which was:

[...]

This product was absolutely amazing in terms of set up with a WORKING set up program. However changing to TP link I saw an improvement in speed, and quality from this router so in the long term the TP Link was better.

Recommended?
Yes... but only if you can be patient :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2011 3:35 PM GMT

V7 Standard Keyboard
V7 Standard Keyboard

3.0 out of 5 stars Its what I expected at the great price..., 23 Oct 2011
This review is from: V7 Standard Keyboard (Accessory)
Use: Its a simple USB keyobard that is easy and comfortable to use.
Build: Its very plasticky and doesnt feel very strong but it was at a very low price.
Price: Very good price and free delivery
Reccomend It?: Yes

Silva Compass Ranger 3
Silva Compass Ranger 3
Offered by camping-online ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality for a little bit more..., 2 Jan 2011
This review is from: Silva Compass Ranger 3 (Sports)
This compass is simply wonderful. The compass as you may have noticed costs a little more than the others available but it is with a good brand and good quality. Having received it very quickly I am using it already. For beginners there are instructions given and also was the string to attatch the compass to your neck which makes orienteering very easy. Overall it is, sturdy, comfortable and user-friendly. Brave Silva... and Amazon.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall good service..., 28 Aug 2010
Knowing Parker to be a very good company, I ordered one. Came within 3-4 days and the pen was in sufficient packaging (different to one shown in picture). Would have preferred blue ink rather than the black given but overall a very good service.