Profile for J. L. Moore > Reviews

Content by J. L. Moore

J. L. Moore (West Midlands, UK)

Whataya Want From Me
Whataya Want From Me

5.0 out of 5 stars How can this not be a hit!, 2 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Whataya Want From Me (Audio CD)
I'm buying this even though I have both the US and UK versions of the album just to lend my support as I cannot believe it hasn't charted in the Top 40 here in the UK. It's been a worldwide hit everywhere else. Adam has the most amazing voice I've ever heard and it's a great song. The promotion has obviously been badly handled but I am encouraged by other reviewers who have recently discovered Adam who did not see him on American Idol. A friend of mine remarked that she didn't think he was going to break through over here - I do not see how that can be so!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 15 Mar. 2010
This review is from: For Your Entertainment (Audio CD)
I bought the US version of For Your Entertainment last November and it is a superb listen, combining 70s glam rock, 80s electro-pop and a modern edge, all delivered by one of the best vocals around today. The UK release has additional tracks making it a must - Down the Rabbit Hole is one of the catchiest, craziest songs I've ever heard. Also check out Adam's superb unplugged versions of some of these tracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG!, 4 Nov. 2009
Having just listened to the preview snippets of the songs all I can say is OMG! I cannot wait. Love it, love it, love it! I was slightly worried that it might all sound like the single For your Entertainment which is fun and great for radio play for a new artist but not altogether my thing... but there is a huge range of styles here all elevated by that phenomenal voice!

Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars If there is any justice he will be a megastar, 19 Oct. 2009
This review is from: For Your Entertainment (Audio CD)
Huge Adam fan and have been since I first saw and heard him. Wish the UK would give him some recognition. And ignore the people who refer to his classic rock scream as 'screeching' - go and listen for yourself and decide - his covers are all over You Tube and Time for Miracles (the track from 2012) is now available to download. So why rate an unnamed album no-one has heard a bar of yet 5 stars? Two reasons. Adam loves music and has a clear vision of what he wants to do and the courage and ability to do it. It won't be like anything anyone has heard before! And secondly, because the man could sing a take away menu and turn it into a miracle!! Can't wait!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 24, 2009 1:47 PM BST

Einstein And Eddington [DVD] [2008]
Einstein And Eddington [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ David Tennant
Offered by babsbargains *** WORLDWIDE SHIPPING ***

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb television film, 25 Nov. 2008
By far the best thing I have watched on television for a long time. I knew very little about Arthur Eddington and not much about Einstein beyond what every knows. I have read since watching that there were some historical inaccuracies and dramatic licence taken but hopefully that should not detract from anyone's enjoyment of a beautifully shot film, enriched by a thought provoking script and brilliant performances. David Tennant and Andy Serkis are perfect as two extremely different but principled and courageous men of science, and in Eddington's case, of faith. It was a surprisingly moving and meditative experience. I would recommend it whole-heartedly.