ARRAY(0xaf60315c)

Raleigh Folding Work Stand
Raleigh Folding Work Stand
Price: 64.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Star Workstand, 30 May 2011
I'd been maintaining my hybrid bikes for about 15 years, just balancing them against a wall and/or turning them upside down to work on the gears. Decided to get a proper workstand to do a better job on the bikes and to save my back and knees from further punishment. I checked out the local stores and several web sites to see what was on offer, and decided to go for this Raleigh workstand because of its excellent reviews. Also its price - 60ish isn't massive against what I save in doing my own maintenance, but it's enough to spend for a bike that cost about 300. (It seems you can spend nearly 300 on a workstand, but I can't see why you'd want to).

I've used the workstand twice now - first for a major bike clean / lubricate and then for some maintenance work that included removing the cranks and wheels - and I'm absolutely delighted with it. It's a doddle to put up and fold away afterwards, looks and feels solid / robust, and is very versatile in that you can put the bike exactly where you want it. It takes the weight of my bike very comfortably and the QR clamps work well provided (as with all QRs) you tighten them up properly at the start. Also, the stand held the bike fine when I was trying to loosen the very tight bolts on my cranks - it didn't topple or drop the bike or even rock too much. No problems or niggles, other than a cover / carrying case would have been nice.

With the benefit of 20-20 hindsight, I should have got a workstand years ago. But, having got this one, I'm chuffed to bits with it and 100% happy to recommend it.

Mozart: Complete Violin Concertos
Mozart: Complete Violin Concertos
Price: 8.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful music and recordings, 22 July 2009
I was looking for a complete set of Mozart's Violin Concertos and bought these CDs entirely on the strength of the previous 4 reviews. I'm absolutely delighted with the CDs - so a big thank you to the other reviewers - their comments are absolutely spot on and I've nothing to add other than to say "buy with confidence, you won't be disappointed"