Profile for MrWSherwood > Reviews

Rush
Rush
Price: 12.56

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible. Absolute Trash., 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: Rush (Audio CD)
In the matter of three minutes Zimmer is able to steal from 'The Island' and 'Game of Thrones' whilst reusing music from the Dark Knight series and his other soundtracks. Zimmer is described as being an "effortless composer" and he really is. He does barely anything and considers it to be GOOD music. Man of Steal was terrible and Rush is no better. I would recommend cutting your own wrists rather than listening to this crap that Zimmer has been able to steal without any effort or careful thought what so ever.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2013 11:30 AM GMT

The Cambridge Companion to Fantasy Literature (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
by Edward James
Price: 17.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, 17 Feb 2012
I've always wondered whether they will do a fantasy literature companion and this could not have come at a better time! I've just started a university unit called Writing for Children (there's an article on children's fantasy) and I'm looking to do my dissertation on Tolkien next year. This book covers a wide breadth of fantasy literature from Tolkien to Angela Carter and the Twilight Saga. For me, the book is perfect and I don't regret buying it. Even my friends are pestering me for a read!!!