Profile for Mr. K. Watton > Reviews

Content by Mr. K. Watton

Mr. K. Watton "kaydoubleyou" (Midlands, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Firewall [DVD] [2006]
Firewall [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Harrison Ford
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.
Price: 10.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Fair but only middling., 1 Sep 2006
This review is from: Firewall [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
Worth a watch. Story hangs together just about. Harrison Ford does OK. There are worse films out there.

Inside Man [DVD]
Inside Man [DVD]
Dvd ~ Denzel Washington
Offered by gowingsstoreltd
Price: 2.75

2.0 out of 5 stars Very ordinary, 1 Sep 2006
This review is from: Inside Man [DVD] (DVD)
The storyline is hopeless. This could have been a good movie. What went wrong? It will entertain the mindless hourds. If you are looking for a movie to numb the brain buy it. for the more serious person looking for thought don't waste your money.

Frenzy [DVD]
Frenzy [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jon Finch
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cinema, 1 Sep 2006
This review is from: Frenzy [DVD] (DVD)
Before watching 'Frenzy' I tried to entertain my self with some of the latest DVD releases from America. Lots of special effects, bad language, terrible story lines and hard to understand dialogue. Then I revert to Hitchcock and in this case Frenzy. Great story, well acted, no bad language, very little special effects. Loved it, just loved it. Thank goodness there is a back catologue from the likes of 'Hitch' to keep us sane.

Unforgiven - 10th Anniversary Edition [DVD] [1992]
Unforgiven - 10th Anniversary Edition [DVD] [1992]
Dvd ~ Clint Eastwood
Offered by WorldCinema
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Is this the best?, 5 Aug 2006
Is this the best western ever made? I think so. We all have an opinion and that is mine. By the way I have watched westerns since I was a kid way back in the early 60's.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2009 1:54 AM GMT

The Life of David Gale [DVD] [2003]
The Life of David Gale [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Kevin Spacey|Kate Winslet
Offered by Bridge_Records
Price: 4.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a watch, 5 Aug 2006
Buy a lot of used DVD from Amazon. Some are better than others. This one is well worth a watch. Spacey is good. Winslett is good. Story line is good.

Seal
Seal
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.72

4.0 out of 5 stars new for me, 19 Sep 2005
This review is from: Seal (Audio CD)
Bought this album from list of other Amazon users who rated it well. It was also very cheap so I thought worth a listen at that price. Turns out to be more than worth a listen. This is good stuff, word that springs to mind is quality. I will be buying some more 'Seal'.

Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
Price: 7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 19 Sep 2005
This review is from: Led Zeppelin (Audio CD)
I just listened to this again first time for a couple of years. I've known and loved it since the mid seventies when I first explored Led Zeppelin. It sounds as fresh and new as the first time I heard it. It has stood the ultimate test, 'time'. I would rank it as one of the best first albums ever and I listen to all sorts of great bands and solo artists. Buy it and treasure it there may never be their like again.

Highway 61 Revisited
Highway 61 Revisited
Price: 5.80

5.0 out of 5 stars classic, 24 July 2005
This review is from: Highway 61 Revisited (Audio CD)
You want an early Dylan album but you are not sure which one to buy. Buy this one. Listen carefully to it a few times. Let it get into you as only the best music can, it takes a while sometimes but the effort is worth it. This album can be like that. Most of the songs on here need listening to until something clicks then you are hooked for all time. Dylan will never leave you. After all 'when you ain't got nothing you got nothing to lose'.

Bob Dylan Greatest Hits
Bob Dylan Greatest Hits
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Starting point number one if you want?, 22 April 2005
This review is from: Bob Dylan Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
When I was 12 I think or maybe 13 back in (well never mind) I bought this album. It was just released then and I played it into oblivion.I have most of his CD's now but in many ways this compilation has a special place for me. Of course as man who has lived with Dylan all my life I want you to buy certain albums way and beyond this. But as a starting point for Dylan there is no simpler, easier way in. Buy it.

Hergest Ridge
Hergest Ridge
Offered by Media Vortex
Price: 29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Early Oldfield, 24 Jan 2005
This review is from: Hergest Ridge (Audio CD)
Of the first 3 albums of Mike Oldfield, Tubular Bells, Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn, I rate this one last. I listened to it again this morning for about the 5th time in the last 2 months. I have been familiar with it since it was first released. However, it is last in my opinion of a trio of classics. There are bits of this album that are beautiful. It's just the bits I don't like as much are longer on this one than the other 2. rest assured though if you are into Mike Oldfield or want to get into Mike Oldfield it should be in your collection and will not gather dust. Hergest Ridge has a way of calling out to you when thinking about what to play next. Buy it.

Page: 1 | 2