Profile for Mr. K. Watton > Reviews

Content by Mr. K. Watton

Mr. K. Watton "kaydoubleyou" (Midlands, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Simply The Best
Simply The Best
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Ageless, 13 Jan. 2005
This review is from: Simply The Best (Audio CD)
I bought this album after listening to radio 2. Private Dancer was played and I was doing some emulsion painting. I just caught the timbre and resonance of this ladies voice and thought I want some in my collection. I have been a fan of hers since 'River Deep Mountain High'. I was an impressionable kid then but I listened to that track on this collection and guess what that song is as good today as it was then, it really is just listen with open ears, it has that power that can blow emotional shivers through a person, rare and timeless. This is the only Tina I have at present and it is a good collection, hardly a poor track, buy it with confidence.

Ommadawn
Ommadawn
Offered by FREETIME

5.0 out of 5 stars 30 years on., 13 Jan. 2005
This review is from: Ommadawn (Audio CD)
I was into Mike Oldfield at the start (age is like the tide uncontrolable). Tonight a sat down and listened to Ommadawn on my newish Hi-Fi. I was completely satisfied. The man is a genius. Of course there are bits that I would like to see removed or changed. Of course there are bits that are sublimely beautiful. And that is how I remember it from the early seventies. It has enriched my life for all these years as does much of his work. Roll over Beethoven, well maybe not but I bet in 150 years time Mike Oldfield will be judged in the classical mode as are the old masters today. Buy it, don't hesitate, buy it.

Page: 1 | 2