Profile for C. WATT > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Fielding Smith
Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Fielding Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing but no need to pay for it!, 3 Dec. 2014
This book and all the others in the series are inspirational beyond words. BUT you DONT NEED TO PAY FOR THEM!! They are all available to download for free with the LDS app or from the church website @ lds.org

Hostess HM250MA Milk Frother Silver
Hostess HM250MA Milk Frother Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Well impressed!, 6 Jun. 2013
I got this as a gift for my wife, but use it just as much as she does! It's a fab product and works really well, perfectly mixing chocolate powder with the milk and heating it up really quickly. It's also easy to clean and has a choice of options for frothy, not frothy, hot or cold mixing.

Really good value for money and very well made!

Sony 65W Power Charger Adapter for Sony Vaio Laptop
Sony 65W Power Charger Adapter for Sony Vaio Laptop
Offered by Cambridge Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars decent charger - appears to be genuine, 6 Jun. 2013
When the charger that came with my Vaio unexpectedly broke, I thought it would be easy enough to find a replacement without paying the ridiculous price Sony are charging on their own website. High street stores didn't seem to have any so I ended up trawling through the internet to find a genuine charger at a reasonable price.

There are a LOT available on Amazon, but if you check the reviews (please ALWAYS check the reviews!), you'll find a lot of people noting that their replacement only lasted a few charges before packing in or that the product supplied was obviously fake.

I have to say that I was really worried that despite the product being advertised as genuine, it would turn out to be fake and not just because I don't do counterfeit, but mainly because of the obvious concern that it would overheat and catch fire or deliver the wrong voltage to my laptop and break it. However this charger APPEARS to be a genuine Sony (if it isn't, and I obviously can't know for certain it isn't, then it's a very good copy).

It does get slightly hotter than my original, but not to the point where I'm worried about it and the laptop is charging as expected without any problems so far. So if you've been bamboozled in your search for a replacement, I'd recommend this one as a safe bet (well as safe a bet as is possible to get when you're paying less than £30 for a product that the manufacturer charges over £100 for).

BEFORE you buy any charger though, make sure you check the voltage supply required for the laptop with the one supplied by the charger, getting that wrong will potentially break your computer and you'll wish you'd just paid for the real deal from the manufacturer. In this case, I did a search for the model number of the charger that came with the laptop and found this product listed, I then checked all the technical data on the labels of both when it arrived to make sure they matched before plugging it in. I then plugged the charger in and left it for a while on a heatproof surface just to make sure it didn't over heat before I finally plugged it into the laptop. It all worked fine.

Fossil Stella Pink Dial Multi-Colour Crystal Set Stainless Steel Bracelet Ladies Watch ES3050

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality watch and looks good too, 6 Jun. 2013
I bought this for my wife as a gift and she was completely delighted with it. The watch is well designed and built to Fossil's usual high standard. It's a nice size for a ladies watch of this style as many similar watches just look chunky on slimmer wrists.

All the stones around the dial are smooth and well mounted so I'm not concerned that they'll fall out in a few months as many other brands might. The product was also well priced and around 10% cheaper than buying direct from high street fossil outlet.

My wife was looking for something practical to wear that also had a feminine feel and was a bit glam without being gaudy and this watch has hit all the right marks.

eimo (TM) Unique Handmade Natural Wood Wooden Hard bamboo Case Cover for iPhone 5 with free screen protector(colorful stripe)
Offered by eimo

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks great but not fit for purpose, 6 Jun. 2013
I just received this cover as a gift and was delighted with it. It's exceptionally well made, is very good quality and fits the phone absolutely perfectly. BUT. When I came to plug in the lightning charger, I was very disappointed to find that the cut-out for the charger was too small for the connector to fit through meaning that I had to take the cover off in order to charge the phone.

I'm really disappointed as the problem has made a very attractive product entirely useless. It MIGHT be that I've been unlucky as apparently the covers are handmade, but I have to say that I doubt it is `hand-made' given how precise the measurements are. I feel it's more likely to have been hand-finished. The thickness of the cover does make pressing the volume and power buttons a little harder too, but I was happy to get used to that, but not being able to charge the phone with the cover on means that this one at least will have to go back.

The product is wooden (obviously) so if you're handy with a hobby tool and really want to keep the cover, I think it would be reasonably easy to sand the aperture for the charger a little to allow it to fit, but I'm not confident that doing so wouldn't spoil the look of the product.

BiC Cristal Original 1.0mm Ball Pen Box of 50 - Black
BiC Cristal Original 1.0mm Ball Pen Box of 50 - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Cautionary note for teachers, 6 Nov. 2012
I recently received a box of these 'cristal' pens as part of a stationary order provided to each class at my school. They were to replace our much beloved crayons.

My suspicions about the problems that would lie ahead were raised immediately on opening the package and seeing that the manufacturer had misspelt crystal. An embarrassing gaff that I fortunately managed to hide from the enqusitive gaze of the children, however one boy saw and was slightly faint.

Next problem encountered was discovering how phenomenally difficult it was for the children to get the 'pen' out of the extraordinarily robust packaging. All students had problems, but particularly Edwards and Strangely Brown. Once we managed to get the pens out of the hard clear container, they were very flimsy and difficult to write with, particularly for the slow children. Fennalgreek also managed to fashion a sort of weapon from his casing.

However most disappointing was the inconsistancy of the writing the pens produced. Some pupils work was reasonable but many produced sheer drivel and nowhere near the quality of Latin clauses I expected from such an expensive product. Faintly Blue's pen was faulty and only managed to produce a string of expletives.

My advice would be to stay away from these products, they are gateway pens that can lead children to harder stationary like cellotape.
I've told the head we will be going back to crayon next term!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2013 10:05 PM GMT

Wire suction stainless steel razor holder
Wire suction stainless steel razor holder
Offered by BIC WAREHOUSE

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, 1 Aug. 2012
This product does exactly what it's meant to do and it looks pretty good too. I was expecting some cheap looking 'chrome effect' piece of nonsense and wasn't entirely hopeful that it would remain stuck to the tiles in the shower, but was pleasantly surprised.
The suction cap is pretty robust and it hasn't yet fallen off the tiles some considerable time after buying it!
I bought another one a while ago for my wife and found when it arrived that the suction cap had been slightly bent when it had been put in the envelope resulting in a wee kink in the rubber. This meant that it did not properly stick to the tile as air was getting under the cap.
I resolved it by putting the whole thing in a mug of nearly boiling water and leaving it to steep for a few minutes. Doing so relaxed the rubber and it went back to it proper shape and has been fine since!

TaylorHe 15.6 inch 15 inch Laptop Skin Vinyl Decal with Colorful Patterns and Leather Effect Laminate MADE IN England Tree growing out of book
Offered by TaylorHe

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, not brilliant fit though, 1 Aug. 2012
I've never covered a laptop with a 'skin' before but when I recently inherited a laptop when a friend upgraded there's, the cover was a bit scratched and tatty looking so I decided to buy this to make it look a bit better.
The material used is plastic, but feels / looks leathery which is good and the adhesive is quite strong. The image is very well printed and the colours are just as expected which I was pleased with.
Fitting it to the laptop was a bit fiddly and I had to trim it down to size which was annoying and took a lot of patience as I was very aware that a slight slip with the craft knife would ruin the product entirely.
Never having used one before, I trimmed it so that it would cover the whole of the back of the screen, but that resulted in creases around the moulded edges and now, some time later, the skin keeps catching on the laptop case when I take it out or put it back.
I would recommend the product, but would suggest that you maybe buy a size smaller than you need or trim it down to size so it doesn't have to go round corners before applying (rather than trimming once you'd put it on like I did!).

Mens Tartanista Deluxe Black Watch 16 oz 8 Yard Kilt Size 50
Mens Tartanista Deluxe Black Watch 16 oz 8 Yard Kilt Size 50
Offered by Tartanista UK

5.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is, but it's good for what it is..., 4 July 2012
I was really not expecting much from this product given the price, but was pleasantly surprised. The colour of the tartan was solid and consistent and the fit was really good. The quality of the cloth was also better than I thought it would be.

The down side is that the cloth does crease quite easily and isn't heavy enough to properly hold the pleat while wearing, but what would you expect for the price.

For wearing to events where you'd be likely to get a good kilt ruined it's the perfect thing, but I would still hire a proper kilt to go to a wedding for example.

The only thing I found annoying was the buckles. The leather is ever so slightly too wide for the buckle making it a bit annoying when doing up, but overall a great product for the price.

The Road [Blu-ray]
The Road [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Viggo Mortensen
Offered by rsdvd

2.0 out of 5 stars Man this is a LONG road, 4 July 2012
This review is from: The Road [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I like apocalyptic type films, but this one was really boring. My wife warned me that it sounded really dull, a couple of friends asked 'really?' when I mentioned that I'd ordered it and more than one review slated it. Should have listened, it was rubbish and had an incredibly bad ending.

Story line and plot were weak to begin with and then poorly executed, the acting wasn't that brilliant either and all in all I was really disappointed. I had to admit it was rubbish when I went to the loo half way through and my wife asked if I wanted her to pause the film, "no it's ok, I doubt I'll miss anything" was my defeated reply!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3