Profile for Debs > Reviews

The Darkest Hour
by Barbara Erskine
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful storytelling, 10 July 2014
This review is from: The Darkest Hour (Hardcover)
I've loved all of Barbara Erskine's books and this one is no exception. Couldn't put this down - wonderful storyline, very evocative of the time and including a supernatural element - can't wait for the next one.

The Toy Taker (DI Sean Corrigan, Book 3) (Di Sean Corrigan 3)
The Toy Taker (DI Sean Corrigan, Book 3) (Di Sean Corrigan 3)
by Luke Delaney
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Authentic and gripping, 6 April 2014
I've just read all three of Luke Delaney's DI Corrigan books - back to back - and loved all of them. I enjoy crime/thriller and there is a different "feel" to these ones - really authentic. Would definitely recommend.

Virals: (Virals 1) (Tory Brennan)
Virals: (Virals 1) (Tory Brennan)
by Kathy Reichs
Price: 5.24

1.0 out of 5 stars Angry - false advertising, 30 Dec 2011
I bought this book as it was in the adult crime section - it gave no indication whatsoever that it was for young adults. Have only read 3 pages and know that I won't be able to read any more - very obviously aimed at young readers. This is false advertising - the target audience should be made clear. I've wasted money on this and won't buy any more by this author.

Comfort and Joy
Comfort and Joy
by India Knight
Price: 6.39

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't finish it ..., 3 Dec 2011
This review is from: Comfort and Joy (Paperback)
I managed to read this about a quarter of the way through and had to give up. The book had a horrible, nasty "tone" to it and I just couldn't bring myself to carry on with it. Storyline shallow, difficult to engage with the characters. Would not recommend this one at all.

The Way To A Woman's Heart
The Way To A Woman's Heart
by Christina Jones
Price: 6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, summery, feel-good book!, 26 Feb 2011
I LOVE Christina Jones' books. This latest one is such a lovely, feel-good story, evocative of the sights, smells and sounds of summer in the countryside. Again, fantastic characters, funny and with a good storyline. I would definitely recommend this book.

The Waiting Room
The Waiting Room
by F.G. Cottam
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Atmospheric, supernatural ghost story, 26 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Waiting Room (Paperback)
I LOVE F G Cottam's books, but The Waiting Room has got to be my favourite so far. The writing is so descriptive I can picture the desolate Waiting Room so clearly in my mind. Last night, when I came to turn all the lights off in the house to go to bed, for the first time in ages I found myself looking over my shoulder. The book is very atmospheric and evocative of the time, and the descriptions of the 1st World War soldier are genuinely scary. I would recommend this book. More please!