Profile for Mr Ivone O Jones > Reviews

ION SLIDE TO PC 35mm SLIDES NEGATIVES FILM SCANNER 5MP CAMERA OPTION
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals
Price: 39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 14 April 2014
The Ion has to be good value for money. I have found it very easy to use and have only two small criticisms. The first is that Kodak cardboard slides tend to jam if using the auto feed whilst Aga plastic slides, which are that little bit thicker are fine. I also find the colour etc balance quite insensitive.

I would happily recommend it.

Am I Missing Something...: Unpublished Letters from the Daily Telegraph
Am I Missing Something...: Unpublished Letters from the Daily Telegraph
by Iain Hollingshead
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Haven't been able to read it yet, 30 Dec 2013
My wife is loving it, and I am sure I will also, when I get a chance. I am sure it will be up to as good a standard as the earlier ones.

The Strange Laws Of Old England
The Strange Laws Of Old England
by Nigel Cawthorne
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Inaccuracy, 30 Dec 2013
As I live in Guernsey I was very interested in the section on the Channel Islands. It appears that this book was compiled/written in 2004 and on page 93 it mentions that the The Seigneur of Sark is currently a "Dame". Yes, Dame Sybil Hatherway did become Dame in 1927 but died on the 14th July 1974, since when there has been a man at the helm. This coupled with the use of the word "Jucats" (Jurats perhaps) and other inaccuracies lead me to wonder how accurate the rest of the book is. Never-the-less there are amusing anecdotes. A good book for the smallest room!