Profile for Wakatipu > Reviews

Content by Wakatipu

Wakatipu

SquareTrade 3-Year Laptop Warranty Plus Accident Protection (250-300 Items)
SquareTrade 3-Year Laptop Warranty Plus Accident Protection (250-300 Items)
Offered by SquareTrade
Price: 89.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Slick service, 2 Jan 2012
Set up was really straightforward. I also like the facility to lodge an electronic copy of the receipt with Square Trade to save digging it out in the future. Terms and conditions are clear and easy to understand. The only reason I'm not scoring it higher is that until/unless I make a claim I won't know how good the company will be in dealing with it.

Sony VAIO VPCEB1E0E 15.5 inch Laptop (Intel Core i3-330M 2.13GHz, 3Gb, 320Gb, DVDRW, Webcam, Win 7 Home Premium 64bit (White)

1.0 out of 5 stars Big disappointment, 23 Nov 2011
I bought the Vaio 18 months ago. Problems started after it ran out of warranty. The screen goes blank intermittently and has to be rebooted. The last straw was when the keyboard became faulty today. Around 10 keys are not functioning properly. I have had to buy a separate keyboard to use until a new keyboard can be purchased and fitted at considerable cost. I have owned a number of laptops over the years and have found this to be the most user unfriendly of them all - add to that the poor build quality and I would not recommend it to my worst enemy.

The Encyclopedia of Quilting and Patchwork Techniques
The Encyclopedia of Quilting and Patchwork Techniques
by Katharine Guerrier
Price: 9.09

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 27 Aug 2010
This is a good book for people who have some experience of patchwork quilting. As a complete novice I didn't find some of the explanations that helpful. I ended up borrowing other books from the Library - a couple of which were far better at demonstrating how to piece together patches and finishing the quilt, for example. The clue is perhaps in the title - it is more of an encyclopedia than a beginner's workbook.