Profile for Olden159 > Reviews

Content by Olden159

Olden159

Knight Esquire (The Young Ancients Book 2)
Knight Esquire (The Young Ancients Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing, 1 Oct. 2012
I would not say that these are fabulous but I have enjoyed reading the first two. The problem I have found are the spelling mistakes and errors(?) in format make them confusing and hard work to read.
Perhaps something became corrupted in the download. It is a great shame because it has taken the shine off them and I am hesitating about buying any more.

A Storm in Tormay: The Complete Tormay Trilogy
A Storm in Tormay: The Complete Tormay Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fantasy, 21 Jun. 2012
One of the best fantasies I have read.
Characters are diverse and interesting. The world they inhabit is well described, colourful and varied. The adventures, problems and tests the characters have to face are substantial, exciting and logical.
It held my interest all the way through.

The Hawk And His Boy (The Tormay Trilogy Book 1)
The Hawk And His Boy (The Tormay Trilogy Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good - give it a try., 16 Jun. 2012
Very good story; well thought out characters and situations; descriptions are good without being boring; enjoyable read.
I was surprised that it ended suddenly and this is why I have given it 4* and not 5. The story actually consists of 3 books which are available as one book ( see link below). This book was free so ideal for anyone to see whether they will enjoy the full story.

The recent fantasy books I have bought here have been rubbish so this freeby was a wonderful surprise.
I have just purchased the combined three books A Storm in Tormay (The Complete Tormay Trilogy) and I am looking forward to reading the rest of the story.

Seventh Son
Seventh Son

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple story, 19 May 2012
This review is from: Seventh Son (Kindle Edition)
It is a simple story which is entertaining. It could be rewritten and extended to make a very good story.
More history could be added. We only follow the one group of people; what happened on the wizards journey?
It is very sad that it is so simple.

The Works of Jules Verne (27 Books with active table of contents)
The Works of Jules Verne (27 Books with active table of contents)

4.0 out of 5 stars Old style fantasy, 27 Mar. 2012
Jules Verne wrote some amazing science fiction and though his style is, at times, over detailed the stories are excellent. My only complaint about this book is that some words appear to be corrupted and you have to guess (easy in most cases) what they should be. I am not sure whether this is an error with the download or in the base ebook.