Profile for W. Ward > Reviews

Content by W. Ward

W. Ward (Chirnside, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Dead on Demand (A DCI Morton Crime Novel Book 1)
Dead on Demand (A DCI Morton Crime Novel Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Storming, 25 Feb. 2014
I found this book totally gripping. It was the transformation of normal guy to mass murderer by manipulation that captured my imagination - and I loved the little twist at the end.. A brilliant read!

Altered Life (Sam Dyke Investigations Book 1)
Altered Life (Sam Dyke Investigations Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story, 7 Dec. 2013
This is a good easy read book. A fast pace and interesting characters. Since I am from Cheshire knowing much of the geography added to my enjoyment of the story. I will be reading book 2

Fire in the Blood: A whisky barrel hides family secrets (DC Scott Cullen Crime Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A can't put it down book!, 9 Aug. 2013
I read the first Scott Cullen mystery because it was a free download. Now I'm hooked. Scott is a great character, a mirror of his nemesis Bain. His maverick attitude leads him to solve the cases but not without a shed load of trouble along the way. This, and the previous two in the series make for an exciting read. Added to that the location is beautifully bright to life with the real and fictional places blending seamlessly into the story.

Please don't stop setting your stories in the Lothians Ed.

Borderline Personality Disorder Demystified: An Essential Guide for Understanding and Living with BPD
by Robert O. Friedel

3.0 out of 5 stars Some useful info., 21 Jun. 2013
This book did contain some useful information, but, as a sufferer it also made me feel like a bit of a loser.

The Borderline Personality Disorder Survival Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Living with BPD
by Alexander L. Chapman PhD RPsych

5.0 out of 5 stars Best BPD book, 21 Jun. 2013
As far as I'm concerned this is the best BPD info. book available. It is easy to read and understand, it does not make the sufferer feel like the scum of the earth (which we are definitely not), and it engenders hope for sufferers and carers.

Rosewood Soft Protection Salon Grooming Undercoat Rake Large
Rosewood Soft Protection Salon Grooming Undercoat Rake Large

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 21 Jun. 2013
My dog has a very long, thick woolly coat and this product works! The only downside is it creates a lot of hair floating around so I can only use it outside. It should come with a shed so it can be used all year round!

Diary Drawings: Mental Illness and Me
Diary Drawings: Mental Illness and Me
by Bobby Baker

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 21 Jun. 2013
One of the most open, honest and moving books about mental illness I have ever experienced (and it is more of an experience than just a read).

Skills Training Manual for Treating Borderline Personality Disorder: Diagnosis and Treatment of Mental Disorders (Diagnosis & Treatment of Mental Disorders)
by Marsha M. Linehan

4.0 out of 5 stars DBT Bible, 21 Jun. 2013
If you're doing DBT or delivering DBT this is a really useful book. It contains all the worksheets and teaching notes for the full year programme. For me it meant I could bin all the photocopied hand outs because I have my own hard copy. I refer to it often as I try to maintain the skills learned in the programme without the teaching and support. An anglicised version would be perfect, but hey, I can translate from American!

Masta Waterproof Dog Coat, 26 Inch, Black
Masta Waterproof Dog Coat, 26 Inch, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Dry Dog!, 21 Jun. 2013
Having a very long haired dog in wet weather can be a pain. This coat has made a world of difference to me and him. To me because only having to dry his paws head and tail is much easier than a whole dog, plus he doesn't smell of wet dog for as long. For him, because he doesn't have to stay locked in the kitchen so long.

Roces Compy 5.0 Girl's Inline Skates weiss-purple Size:30/33
Roces Compy 5.0 Girl's Inline Skates weiss-purple Size:30/33

5.0 out of 5 stars Great skates, 21 Jun. 2013
These were a very successful birthday present. My daughter loves them as the wheels are smooth and they are very comfy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3